haven this sun

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'd have Pembo and Towse in before Williams and Brown all day long.

Now May 1st has passed I don't imagine it'll be too long before we find out who AJ's next club is.

Replacing our best - and homegrown - winger with a 34 year old on his last payday really was sensational management.

I may be wrong but didn’t AJ only sign a 1 year extension to his contract last season , I don’t think he intended staying beyond when he finished his Uni course, which is hardly surprising, if a Super League club comes knocking, at his age, he is going to take the opportunity, I can’t see York being in Super league next season so why would he stay, even if he was getting played ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

It's all down to opinions but can I respectfully suggest you have a read of the Dewsbury v Knights match report on the Knight's website from the cup match earlier in the season. (Another game we won by the way). It just might, might, refresh your memory about Williams ability.

Not seen a single thing in that 40 to change my mind.

He's not the only one mind. No passion. No belief. Worst performance in years.

Edited by JonT

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

I may be wrong but didn’t AJ only sign a 1 year extension to his contract last season , I don’t think he intended staying beyond when he finished his Uni course, which is hardly surprising, if a Super League club comes knocking, at his age, he is going to take the opportunity, I can’t see York being in Super league next season so why would he stay, even if he was getting played ?

Can't see York being in the Championship next season.

• Haha 1

Absolutely abysmal that. Worst performance I’ve seen from a York side in years.

Everything about it was dreadful. Discipline, effort, skill, brains, energy all woeful and no where near where it should be.

Looking at the squad we had out there, we should have won that but to go down 36-0 at one point? Totally unacceptable. 

Can’t give up my Sunday's to see that, it actually hurts to watch it. WTF is going on?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Absolutely abysmal that. Worst performance I’ve seen from a York side in years.

Everything about it was dreadful. Discipline, effort, skill, brains, energy all woeful and no where near where it should be.

Looking at the squad we had out there, we should have won that but to go down 36-0 at one point? Totally unacceptable. 

Can’t give up my Sunday's to see that, it actually hurts to watch it. WTF is going on?

Agree with every word Simon. There was zero passion and zero belief from set 1. At least with Fordy's 5 drives and a kick they were 5 drives with intent.

I can’t disagree, no direction on the field, no shape, no go forward and the defence was abysmal. At least under Ford we had good discipline and good defence. It makes you wonder what is really going on is there some reason the guys aren’t performing as they should. The don’t become bad players overnight and don’t turn up wanting to lose, something is amiss somewhere!

• Like 3

Worst first half performance I've seen in a long time no effort,no discipline and lacking any ideas with the ball,what are our 3coaches doing in training because judging on that performance not a lot and i keep going back to the end of last season that we lost Clarkson,Kirkmond and glover all very good championship players and replaced them with young lads who aren't ready yet,.Andy hope you asked Hendo where are our new signings coming into the club because if we don't bring in at least three quality players in we will be playing league one rugby next season.

4 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Garbage. I won't be playing 20 quid to watch that next week, will be lucky if there's 500 there. 

Some of our players shouldn't be anywhere near a championship side. 

It’s £15 next week. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 minute ago, Expatknight said:

I can’t disagree, no direction on the field, no shape, no go forward and the defence was abysmal. At least under Ford we had good discipline and good defence. It makes you wonder what is really going on is there some reason the guys aren’t performing as they should. The don’t become bad players overnight and don’t turn up wanting to lose, something is amiss somewhere!

By all accounts Clint didn't want Fordy due to his style of rugby he played .

4 minutes ago, Puk said:

By all accounts Clint didn't want Fordy due to his style of rugby he played .

There was also disagreement about the recruitment policy. i.e. Fordy wanted a say in it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Both Pembo and AJ starting for The Thunder this afternoon at Oldham, Pembo at 9 AJ at 5.

Also Donaghy at full back and Harry price at Prop.

It can't have done their confidence any good after that drubbing. I can't help but feel sorry  for them. They should have been playing for York today instead of that shower of poo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonT said:

There was also disagreement about the recruitment policy. i.e. Fordy wanted a say in it.

So actually saying that Clint signs the players and not Hendo?

2 minutes ago, JonT said:

Clueless Clint has a lot to answer for. He is wrecking what was a well run club with great fan interaction. He is turning the club into a joke. As for Henderson and his coaching staff ! It's time to admit you are all out of your depth and have the guts to walk away .You really aren't up to the job . That goes for the chairman aswell 

• Like 2

I couldn't go today, only heard the last 20 minutes or so. But it sounded dire. I'd start by getting rid of the defence coach, he isn't up to the job. While we have injuries, stop sending players out on loan or D/R. use the full squad, and stop playing players out of position just to keep them in the team. Playing 3 half backs doesn't work, play 2 of them in their proper position, and leave the other one out. 

2 minutes ago, wasp said:

It can't have done their confidence any good after that drubbing. I can't help but feel sorry  for them. They should have been playing for York today instead of that shower of poo

Put their bodies on the line for what purpose? Not gonna be learning much up there playing in a well beaten team.

• Like 2

That was coming for us today and it's a good win for us, got to kick on from this now hopefully. As for York, obviously something is going wrong, when/if things click you have a good team, just trying to figure out what you need to do tonget out of this slump. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season (apart from when you come to Haven 🤣)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

firstly (as fordy would say)congratulations to haven , well drilled did most things right with plenty of flair at times . we as had been said clueless all match we only scored when the match was well over and haven took their foot of the gas, where we go from that i really don't know because there wasn't even a dim light at the end of a very long tunnel.

• Like 1

Credit to Whitehaven today they took there chances well ran harder and looked faster than us.

York were very very poor today I love my rugby but this is the first time I have watched a game wanting it to be over so I could go home.

No passion today no leaders nothing I always back the team and the coach but something is wrong why bring higano off and for me Williams does nothing let pemberton play he is always 110% which is more than can be said for the majority today.

So much optimism going into the season was really buzzing for it but so quickly has that gone out of the window something has to change is Hendo the man for the job with results this season I would say no.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

bobbins, no positives to take from that afternoon out at all. we send our good players to other gaffs n then replace em with players of half the ability and none of the bottle.

no chance of getting out of this mess without big changes. i could list about 10 players in york shirts today who didnt seem to give a monkeys about playing for york. yet we have players desperate to play for york running out for newcastle...wtf???? 

Edited by Nearenough
  • Like 1

At Batley, last season, Hendo told us he wanted to have the best squad in the Championship this season. For whatever reason that hasn't happened, but he does have a squad, albeit ravaged by injuries. He should use the squad and give one or two 'senior' players a kick up the ar*e and send them out on d/r. I know that won't happen, Clint won't let it, but it should. Sending the younger players, who have never let the Knights down to get pummelled won't develop them at all. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

At Batley, last season, Hendo told us he wanted to have the best squad in the Championship this season. For whatever reason that hasn't happened, but he does have a squad, albeit ravaged by injuries. He should use the squad and give one or two 'senior' players a kick up the ar*e and send them out on d/r. I know that won't happen, Clint won't let it, but it should. Sending the younger players, who have never let the Knights down to get pummelled won't develop them at all. 

Agree, they can stay at York and get pummeled