Cup Final Ticket Info, anyone?

20 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Yep re-read it now sorry for the confusion 

No probs! Should be busy in that end of Wembley! 

2 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

East Stand lower

We took the extra 34 seats Huddersfield had allocated prior to being destroyed at the weekend 😊

Your welcome, we've had seats for the proper final enough so enjoy them 😉

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

No probs! Should be busy in that end of Wembley! 

Close between Hull FC and Wire for which fans are generally great to be amongst at these neutral venues.  Look forward to Wembley every year but this year will offer a little bit extra.  Spotting the Wakey shirt will be a bit different.

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Got an email from Wigan today (seems like I'm on a mailing list because I once bought a shirt off the website as a present). It seems there are loads of sections on the Wigan site on sale, including club Wembley, that are not on the RFL website.

Might be of interest to anyone going as a neutral 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

First time any Wigan fan has been able to buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction is today, as they have gone on general sale. The sales from the club look pretty poor tbh but it's not much of a surprise given the fans have lost faith in the system and most people I've seen commenting are saying they've gone through the RFL (and there doesn't look to be much left on there). What it does mean though, as pointed out by Cumbrian Fanatic above, is that there are good seats left on the lower tiers, so if neutrals want a decent view it should be possible to get them through Wigan (might be best phoning mind if you actually want your ticket to turn up, for your payment to go through, for you to get the right seat etc). 

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

First time any Wigan fan has been able to buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction is today, as they have gone on general sale. The sales from the club look pretty poor tbh but it's not much of a surprise given the fans have lost faith in the system and most people I've seen commenting are saying they've gone through the RFL (and there doesn't look to be much left on there). What it does mean though, as pointed out by Cumbrian Fanatic above, is that there are good seats left on the lower tiers, so if neutrals want a decent view it should be possible to get them through Wigan (might be best phoning mind if you actually want your ticket to turn up, for your payment to go through, for you to get the right seat etc). 

The restriction in the first place was ridiculous considering its a 90k ground that we won't fill anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

The restriction in the first place was ridiculous considering its a 90k ground that we won't fill anyway.

I agree, reserve 10-15000 for the finalists behind the goals, including seats club Wembley and all other available tickets on general sale.

• Like 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

52 minutes ago, Damien said:

Feels like they've done it because of the grumbles they've got from season ticket holders in the past about not getting a priority window but they then went over kill and gave them 3 or 4 days and made it 1 per season ticket. A couple of days and at least 2 or 3 tickets per season ticket would've been sufficient. 

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

I don't see how Wigan fans have been going via the RFL when the RFL site hasn't had lower tier tickets available, they are with the club's. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't see how Wigan fans have been going via the RFL when the RFL site hasn't had lower tier tickets available, they are with the club's. 

I'm talking about back on Saturday/Sunday after our game in regards to anything below the top tier. I know all you can get now on the RFL site are ones up in the gods. Wigan didn't get all the blocks in the lower tier going off the map they sent around after the game on Saturday. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 1

And there we go! They now release more tickets in the areas previously appearing sold out!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

17 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

And there we go! They now release more tickets in the areas previously appearing sold out!

What exactly are they trying to achieve with this policy? 🤷🏼

Posted (edited)

Just realised I got this email too. What a joke the RFL are. There are 11 sections available in the entire stadium out of 148 and you wouldn't particularly pick any of them if you had a wider choice. This just leads to people playing a waiting game and potentially then not even bothering at all.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

This just leads to people playing a waiting game and potentially then not even bothering at all.

I just don’t understand why the RFL are willing to take that gamble.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've been desperately clicking on the ticketing site all week, expecting new areas of the stadium to become available and no longer greyed out. Very little has changed all week.

Today section 120 suddenly had availability, saying there were 3 'swaps' (returned tickets?). I snapped them up and I'm happy with where we're sat, but a couple of things occurred to me:

1. Why make fans have to repeatedly check for availability and occasionally throw the odd tease out there? Why not just give the clubs a couple of days to sell their allocations behind the sticks then put the rest on general sale?

2. If the greyed out areas are still unavailable after a week of trying, then either

a) They are genuinely sold out (hence my 'swaps')

b) The RFL is run by a bunch of clueless doughnuts, or

c) The company they have contracted with to run the ticketing (mpv.tickets.com) have massively messed up.

I really hope it's A, but I suspect it's B and C. 

What worries me is that genuine fans have been buying those tickets in the 'vertigo seats' where they would rather not be, as they are the only ones available. I've seen fans posting on social media that they have done just that as they were worried about missing out altogether.

If that's the case, and all the other greyed out areas are, after all, not sold out, then there really should be an inquiry into the whole ticketing mechanisms and the RFL sales strategy.

Edited by Leeds Wire
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, M j M said:

Block 126, first visible sign that I've seen of the old 'every other row' availability tactic.

Yes, me too. I'm worried that they are releasing blocks by drip-feed after trying to sell the largely unwanted vertigo seats by initially making them the only ones available.

If that's the case, the vertigo seat buyers should be given the option of upgrading later if the newly released blocks don't sell out. 

Or is that too complicated for the RFL and its ticketing contractor?

Edited by Leeds Wire
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, M j M said:

Block 126, first visible sign that I've seen of the old 'every other row' availability tactic.

Sorry, I've only just read your post properly, I was too busy ranting. 

The alternate row availability does not happen naturally does it? 

Presumably that's to make it look more full on telly?

Deary me, they are messing up big time.

Edited by Leeds Wire