Cup Final Ticket Info, anyone?

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

Aha! They've now put some new blocks on sale. 

Yep- half of the upper tier now on sale. This means we should have 70k on sale. I suspect the RFL have a few thousand on sale now, plus the clubs probably have a few K, and then there are probably a load of Club Wembley ones sitting with hospitality companies. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we have c60k now and that's why they are hoping for 70k. Maybe we'll end up with 63k.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yep- half of the upper tier now on sale. This means we should have 70k on sale. I suspect the RFL have a few thousand on sale now, plus the clubs probably have a few K, and then there are probably a load of Club Wembley ones sitting with hospitality companies. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we have c60k now and that's why they are hoping for 70k. Maybe we'll end up with 63k.

That's just about exactly where my guesstimates are.

Posted (edited)

This years final would be amongst the fullest at the new Wembley if the 70k figure is breached. I think it was 2017 when the Club Wembley tickets stopped being added on automatically and we'd be far higher than any crowd since then and probably up there with the top 3 before then (bearing in mind the Club Wembley additions).

I appreciate, this being the RFL, that I may be getting my hopes up!

Edited by Damien

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

This years final would be amongst the fullest at the new Wembley if the 70k figure is breached. I think it was 2017 when the Club Wembley tickets stopped being added on automatically and we'd be far higher than any crowd since then and probably up there with the top 3 before then (bearing in mind the Club Wembley additions).

I appreciate, this being the RFL, that I may be getting my hopes up!

Aye, calm down Damien! 

If we can get 70k in, that's a good increase. I was disappointed with the Saints v Wire final a few years back, it was clear that after five previous visits in the last decade it wasn't the must-attend event for Wire fans, so this one does appear to have caught the Wire fans imagination again thankfully. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Aha! They've now put some new blocks on sale. 

But these are all ones that were previously ‘sold out’, they haven’t added any additional blocks. This just reinforces the poor approach to date. If sales were great they’d have some of the second half of top tier on sale 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

6 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

But these are all ones that were previously ‘sold out’, they haven’t added any additional blocks. This just reinforces the poor approach to date. If sales were great they’d have some of the second half of top tier on sale 

These are sections that were shown as sold out but weren't put on sale until today. It is a bit odd.

17 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

9 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

These are sections that were shown as sold out but weren't put on sale until today. It is a bit odd.

To be fair, they aren't showing as sold out, just not available on that site at that time. It's a nuance, but the RFL have never claimed that these were sold out. 

42 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To be fair, they aren't showing as sold out, just not available on that site at that time. It's a nuance, but the RFL have never claimed that these were sold out. 

The only thing we do know is that they will have to shift every ticket currently available to reach 70k, so it would be unlikely to get over 63k in my opinion. Half of the top tier isn't and won't be open/used.

Block 540 has a familiar pattern. It's like meeting up with an old friend.

Looks like this end of the ground is slowing less quickly than the other one? Is this the Sheffield end?

cupfinal2024-stripey.jpg

I was posting this as the site went down so may be a little out of date:

The stadium's auditorium is divided into three tiers. The lower tier has 34,303 seats for spectators, the middle tier has 16,532 and the upper tier holds 39,165 people – a total of 90,000 seats.

Therefore lower and middle combined is 50,835, some lower blocks (a few) are showing availability, but of those one block has 1 seat, another just under 50 then one with 60, another around 100 then about 500 and then bizarrely a block shows as available but with no seats vacant. I would say the lower bowl has around 600 available.

Middle tier (club Wembley) is only showing one block remaining with availability and that is about 150.

Those two tiers are currently at a little over 50k and close to sell out.

The upper tier is 50% open so about 19,582 capacity out of 27 blocks 11 have no availability, of these 7 are the largest blocks available. From the remaining 16 blocks 4 are close to sold out and 2 well over 50% sold. At a guess I would say it is 2/3 sold giving around 12k.

Looking at that, currently about 62k sold with just over a week to go. Total capacity so far sold and seats currently available comes to 70,417. So looking at around 8k to sell in a week to be classed as a sell out (not capacity but all tickets made available sold).

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

42 minutes ago, Padge said:

Looking at that, currently about 62k sold with just over a week to go. 

I hope you're right.

Just saw an ad for this in the sky coverage of War Wig, still bonkers to me that not every section is on sale for one of our biggest fixtures, and that when they open sections that were not originally on sale they chose to keep top tier half way line seats closed!

On 30/05/2024 at 17:34, Dave T said:

True they were showing as not available and it wasn’t stated as sold out. But they did actively prevent people from buying anything other than top tier corner seats when clearly others could have been sold. It’s poor.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

4 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Hoping for 70k.

Probably closer to 60k then… 

Yeah, they'd need to sell every ticket that's now on sale to get to 70k, won't happen. The top tier holds 40k, and only the the northern half of it is on sale. 

20 hours ago, Hopie said:

Just saw an ad for this in the sky coverage of War Wig, still bonkers to me that not every section is on sale for one of our biggest fixtures, and that when they open sections that were not originally on sale they chose to keep top tier half way line seats closed!

Yeah thought that too, I'd rather be in the middle than at one of the ends. I think it would be better to open 1/2 or 2/3 of the top tier but all the way round. It would look better IMO.

3 hours ago, bratman said:

Yeah thought that too, I'd rather be in the middle than at one of the ends. I think it would be better to open 1/2 or 2/3 of the top tier but all the way round. It would look better IMO.

It's a tricky one really, when we don't sell out we ask for them to open camera facibg seats, and that's what they are doing here. But I somewhat sympathise with the view here too. Wembley is such a big stadoum, they could absolutely do what you say, sell the lower half of the upper tier, I think though this does come down to costs as they would have to open facilities in that half of the ground. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

Some superb Club Wembley seats have just been made available. Annoyingly a bit late in the day but some late waverers should take advantage.

A couple of large blocks right in front of the camera.

If there is a strategy on selling tickets then it's a very poor one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

A couple of large blocks right in front of the camera.

If there is a strategy on selling tickets then it's a very poor one.

The modern stadium approach of having the cameras facing corporates is a really weird one. Wembley always looks rubbish because of this, even for events far bigger than ours. 

We make it worse in RL because we often get returns like this from partners with a few days to go. 

• Like 1

Rang RFL 03301111113 and swapped some seats for some brilliant Club Wembley seats in 251 which are now available. Easy and quick to do. Same price bracket as the lower tier corner ones I had.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KendalBlue said:

Rang RFL 03301111113 and swapped some seats for some brilliant Club Wembley seats in 251 which are now available. Easy and quick to do. Same price bracket as the lower tier corner ones I had.

Good swap for seats in 140. 

On 30/05/2024 at 14:44, Dave T said:

60k is par considering the teams .....hope it's more as I'd quite like to be there for a great atmosphere!