Quins..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have heard that quins are to play at least two games at MK Dons next season. Someone else also very close to Red Hall said they will re locate to there.

if they was to move to Mlton Keynes it would mean yet another name change, but unless they spend a lot more on marketing would there be a rise in gates?

MK Crusader's?

Already taken.

Would really like to see the Quins name droppped. I understand there was a financial imperative when they first jumped into bed there but, now that they're being charged rent etc, I don't see what they gain from the link-up and still believe that the name is counter-productive and stops rugby league from developing its own identity.

That said, I hope they can remain in London. Would love to see New River Stadium (or somewhere similar) developed as a hub for RL in the capital but it's an unrealistic proposition so it may be that another rented football ground beckons (ideally QPR or Fulham!)

Already taken.

Would really like to see the Quins name droppped. I understand there was a financial imperative when they first jumped into bed there but, now that they're being charged rent etc, I don't see what they gain from the link-up and still believe that the name is counter-productive and stops rugby league from developing its own identity.

That said, I hope they can remain in London. Would love to see New River Stadium (or somewhere similar) developed as a hub for RL in the capital but it's an unrealistic proposition so it may be that another rented football ground beckons (ideally QPR or Fulham!)

would certainly in my opinion get better gates at QPR or Fulham, but then we have the small problem of the rent of these grounds.

Interesting idea about leaving the Stoop and relocating to Stadium MK which holds 28k and is an all seater bowl.

It would mean only mean one club playing in London though.

Is that a big enough sacrifice to see Fulham mark .8 succeed in the new territory of MK?

MK is a horrible stadium on an industrial park, with virtually no pubs within walking distance.

As a culture, it is about as far from Rugby League's as I can imagine, and I include Twickenham in that.

People called Romans they go the house

Oxford would be more logical due to Leneghan being a shareholder at the soccer club there. But Milton Keynes could work too, anywhere's got to be better than West London though

If a buyer doesn't come forward to take over from Leneghan and he buys the ground in Oxford it would seem logical. Not great for Rugby League in London but would be an interesting opportunity for the game in Oxford.

Think moving out of London could be the best thing that happens to them. There's only one top flight Union team in London and that's Quin's, the others play in Wycombe, Watford and Reading. By moving out of London they could emulate the success of London Irish, who do well for themselves in a large soccer stadium.

There was talk of Quins RL playing at the olympic stadium after the 2012 Olympics, but haven't heard anything of late.

if that did happen they could call themselves London Olympians Rugby League Club. a big plus for Rugby League IMHO which would make more people aware that Rugby League is played in London at the olympic stadium.

There was talk of Quins RL playing at the olympic stadium after the 2012 Olympics, but haven't heard anything of late.

if that did happen they could call themselves London Olympians Rugby League Club. a big plus for Rugby League IMHO which would make more people aware that Rugby League is played in London at the olympic stadium.

I personally like the name the Olympic Lions if the London club ever moved into the 2012 stadium.

It won't fly. People would confuse them with another Super League franchise -- Toulouse Olympique -- who may drop out of the Championship in 2011 so as to qualify for a Super League license under the category of a "foreign club invited."

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Milton Keynes is still too far from the M62.

They should follow Crusaders example and relocate to Chester or thereabouts. -_-

:lol:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

MK is a horrible stadium on an industrial park, with virtually no pubs within walking distance.

As a culture, it is about as far from Rugby League's as I can imagine, and I include Twickenham in that.

Rubbish. Its a flawless stadium. On a retail park (not industrial!) like most new stadii. And a short bus ride from the pubs of Bletchley and Fenny Stratford, which are traditional English town areas of MK. It would be the smartist move London RL ever made IF it happens. On the M1, 45 miles nearer the north and a proper local market to sell to.