Wakey for sale? Big Rumour today at the match

May well be just a rumour but word today was that the Wildcats are for sale. Can anyone embellish at all or is just pie in the sky?

It was strange though at the end when John Kear marched over to thank the fans - Is he staying or was it a `Cheerio`?

I hope the former as a top man imo.

In this side to side thriller it was 0-0 at Half Time. Talk about end of season.

May well be just a rumour but word today was that the Wildcats are for sale. Can anyone embellish at all or is just pie in the sky?

It was strange though at the end when John Kear marched over to thank the fans - Is he staying or was it a `Cheerio`?

In this side to side thriller it was 0-0 at Half Time. Talk about end of season.

The rumour that has been on sporting life for 2 days?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

The rumour that has been on sporting life for 2 days?

here in fact?

Looks like it's true, then.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Ladysmith and Mafeking have been relieved as well.

6 years too late, should have let someone else come in and take over when it looked like they could have been a force in SL.

It's not too late if the ground comes off and a multi-millionaire a la Davey, Hughes, Moran comes in.

They would probably not have come forward, and still won't whilst there's no ground - what's the point, but if the ground comes off hopefully someone will come in to ensure the team compete and that will be great for RL - another "big club".

Forget the franchise criteria and the supposed idea clubs in NL are building towards SL because of it, the reality is get yourself a quality ground and a multi millionaire and Superleague will welcome you. That's the main basis of Widnes's shoe in for instance.

Castleford also need to look for a big monet man on this basis??

word on my street is that they have been involved in serious discussions with HMRC, again! that's one of the main areas where investment is urgently required.

Seriously, would anyone want to sink a lot of money into a heartlands club with limited potential and a massively diminished image? People who have made money often like to continue making money, and I don't see the potential for that with the majority of SL clubs.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Castleford also need to look for a big monet man on this basis??

then they need look no further than me.

I'm the biggest Monet man in these parts. We've got one of his prints on the living room wall and I think it's wonderful

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Seriously, would anyone want to sink a lot of money into a heartlands club with limited potential and a massively diminished image?

So many people seem to think Wakey are nothing. They are a city club, with a long history, no real soccer diversions, and the area in and around the city has plenty of RL in it.

Potential as good as, if not better than any Huddersfield, HKR, Leeds or Bradford, why on earth not??

So many people seem to think Wakey are nothing. They are a city club, with a long history, no real soccer diversions, and the area in and around the city has plenty of RL in it.

Potential as good as, if not better than any Huddersfield, HKR, Leeds or Bradford, why on earth not??

Because, as in all RL clubs, the potential for making money is minimal if at all.

Soccer offers worldwide exposure and a poytential money-spinner in TV rights; RL offers UK exposure only, mostly confined to Sky.

If you're looking for an investor as distinct from a benefactor RL is a non-starter; and Wakefield is one of the less attractive options in a very small field.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

yes

Keeping it local

Because, as in all RL clubs, the potential for making money is minimal if at all.

Soccer offers worldwide exposure and a poytential money-spinner in TV rights; RL offers UK exposure only, mostly confined to Sky.

If you're looking for an investor as distinct from a benefactor RL is a non-starter; and Wakefield is one of the less attractive options in a very small field.

valid

but what would any investor want back for their investment? Aren't all 'investors in fact benefactors? until they call their loans in of course.

Keeping it local

valid

but what would any investor want back for their investment? Aren't all 'investors in fact benefactors? until they call their loans in of course.

Sort of, but comparisons keep being made with soccer, which is invalid and simply confuses the issue regarding RL sugar daddies. Investors in soccer do stand a chance of making significant returns - those in RL don't.

So they need to find someone who is loaded, loves RL and has a deep and committed attachment to Wakefield. I don't believe the list of names that meet these criteria is a long one, that's all; in fact I doubt that it exists at all.

It's not looking good for Wakefield.

1. HMRC situation last year showed they were cutting it close to still be going at the start of this year

2. The Quins being secured by the RFL till 2014 means they are no longer an option to be dropped

3. A NL1 side has been gauranteed a promotion spot

4. Salford whilst no great shakes in terms of fans are building a ground, not making proposals and can argue that they are outside cachment areas of other clubs.

5. Cas have consistenty higher attendances than wakefield over the years of SL.

6. Chairmans source of money ie his own company seams to have dried up.

I hate to see SL clubs in bother, but with the Quins backed by the RFL till 2014, and Salford building it's looking like Cas and Wakey are the 2 teams left for the drop. You take your pick but for me there is less going in Wakey's favour than Cas. I think if Salford don't increase their crowds with the move, they would be in trouble, but I can see the RFL giving them another 3 years to prove themselves once the move has happened.

I just can't see Wakey surviviing the drop like Salford and Cas did. Both Salford and Cas where able to fund their way out of the NL1. I don't think with Wakey the support would hold up like it did at Cas and it looks like the board have run out of cash.

It's all about da bass

I just can't see Wakey surviviing the drop like Salford and Cas did. Both Salford and Cas where able to fund their way out of the NL1. I don't think with Wakey the support would hold up like it did at Cas and it looks like the board have run out of cash.

When Cas and Salford went down the chance of an immeadiate return was still there.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

i think there are problems behind the scenes at Wakey. John Kear wanted to leave to take over at the Catalans and now his name is being mentioned with vacant job at Quins RL. what does Kear know that we don't, is there a fear at Wakey that they will not get a Super League licence for the 2012 season?