Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RL Fans and the Play offs

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Cliff Spracklen @ Sep 10 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can categorically and truthfully state that it will be "standing room only" for the Co-operative RLC National Qualifying Semi-Final , at the Arthur Miller Stadium, Stanningley on Saturday, kick of 2.30pm. So get there early to see Bramley Buffaloes and Warrington Wizards going full on for a place in the Grand Final. biggrin.gif

Is one to assume that there are very few seats, full stop?
People called Romans they go the house

#22 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

The Saints v Wire game was made all ticket a couple of days ago, so you'd hope that sales were going well at that stage. The silence since seems to be telling though.

#23 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

For me, this is looking like the best play-off series since they were introduced. The fact that there aren't any out and out favourites for Old Trafford makes it even better. I've heard the excuses around Warrington about how we might be playing Saints again in a fortnight - but there again we might not. Wire v Saints is one of the stand out games of most seasons, and surely the chance of seeing Warrington finally beat Saints must make it worth the trip.

Interesting point made about the Huddersfield game though. I reckon they could've got a bigger crowd at Wrexham, with a far better atmosphere. It's similar to matches against Catalans. But it's good to see Crusaders taking so many fans with them. The teams closeness to the heartlands, which was preceived to be a problem, looks like it could be a positive for them, certainly in terms of travelling support.

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (thirteenthman @ Sep 10 2010, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, this is looking like the best play-off series since they were introduced. The fact that there aren't any out and out favourites for Old Trafford makes it even better. I've heard the excuses around Warrington about how we might be playing Saints again in a fortnight - but there again we might not. Wire v Saints is one of the stand out games of most seasons, and surely the chance of seeing Warrington finally beat Saints must make it worth the trip.

Interesting point made about the Huddersfield game though. I reckon they could've got a bigger crowd at Wrexham, with a far better atmosphere. It's similar to matches against Catalans. But it's good to see Crusaders taking so many fans with them. The teams closeness to the heartlands, which was preceived to be a problem, looks like it could be a positive for them, certainly in terms of travelling support.

Yep, I am genuinely excited by all 4 games. The Saints v Wire and Wigan v Leeds games are often classics, and almost always very enjoyable games, so on their own they are crackers, but with the benefits that go with a victory it has that added excitement factor.

Hull v KR always have something about them, and with it being knockout and a huge crowd, this one should be very enjoyable!

I must also confess to rooting for Crusaders as my 2nd team now, so I hope they can pull off a shock against Hudds in that one to keep up the momentum that seems to be building in Wrexham.

#25 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

double post

Edited by Dave T, 10 September 2010 - 10:02 AM.

#26 Cliff Spracklen

Cliff Spracklen
  • Coach
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Sep 10 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is one to assume that there are very few seats, full stop?

Getting warm! biggrin.gif "Very few" is a bit of an exaggeration. But there is a steep grass banking, lovely to sit when its warm and sunny. A cracking atmpsphere nevertheless.
And excellent bar and parking facilities and a full colour glossy 56 page match programme tomorrow. For public transport served by 16 (Leeds to Pudsey) and 508 (Leeds to Halifax), and reverse. Alight at Coal Hill Lane/Intake Lane junction.

#27 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

The RFL need to bring the Challenge Cup Final / competition forward to earlier in the season at the present time the gap is simply not big enough time wise between the two competitions and whilst it makes the double more possible it prevents teams from having two opportunities time wise during the season to have their best team fully fit and firing.

SL? An 8 team play off in such a small league is a joke but equally the team that finishes first in the league are the TRUE and rightful league champions. The GF is nothing more than a marketing gimmick that in essence should still be called the Premiership. People praise the GF as an event and hold the attendance up but in the past we had far more events across a season and internationals held ay Wembley / Old Trafford with 50K crods to go with cup final events attendances. Now we concede defeat, market cack handedly and look for small venues to give the illusion of a crowd.

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 10 2010, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't done that bit yet - I'm waiting until Eastenders finishes and then I'll just turn over!
EastEnders starts at 8pm opn a Friday. I watch it after the rugby on BBC3 at 10pm. smile.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,941 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Sep 10 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EastEnders starts at 8pm opn a Friday. I watch it after the rugby on BBC3 at 10pm. smile.gif

ohmy.gif forgot about that

not looking good in that case unless I can persuade my little lad to keep shouting "Mummy" between 8 and 10pm
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,425 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Maximus Decimus @ Sep 9 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's all to do with season tickets, nothing else.

I guess that the ST holders would be happy for them to cost more in the first instance as a hedge against making the playoffs?

Would there be a rebate if they failed?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#31 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Sep 9 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know and I was there and couldn't see much apart from the back of someones head and a pole!

When Knowsley Rd is packed its a great atmosphere but a terrible view if your in that away end.

Ask your dad to sit you on his shoulders.

#32 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

looked like a sellout tonight on the gold coast.

#33 Cofi

Cofi
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Chronicler of Chiswick @ Sep 10 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With Crusaders having sold out their first ticket allocation and asking for another AND with 4 coaches booked already, perhaps Huddersfield should have asked to have the fixture reversed biggrin.gif

Agree. wink.gif

#34 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,094 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 10 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif forgot about that

not looking good in that case unless I can persuade my little lad to keep shouting "Mummy" between 8 and 10pm

Sky+ and ignore the temptations of the interweb.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#35 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

Truely remarkable.Only in rugby league,can someone criticise the poor attendances prior to the games actually taking place and some people then actually agree with him!!

#36 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

The team at 5 live extra say it's a 17,500 sell out tonight at Saints.
Huge lack of interest there, then.
Around 4k Wire there, and they're pretty vocal.
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#37 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (goldcard @ Sep 10 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The announcement said 14,600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definately a lot more there than last week which was just over 14,000.

#38 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (goldcard @ Sep 10 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

until ten past eight tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

#39 adelwire

adelwire
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

but what a 10 minutes...just need to work on the er other 70...we're not finished just yet. Good atmosphere despite the usual result.

#40 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Good atmosphere and a virtual sell out at Hull.No doubt Wendall will be back later with some other criticism of something that is yet to happen,whilst others will demand free entry for all games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users