Sky Sports - New TV Deal (Merged Threads)

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The breaking news banner on sky sports is claiming they've secured a long term deal with six sports. SL is included in that anyone heard anything.

Probably Superleague netball, among others.

Someone at sky found a tenner.

Hardly worth watching anymore without Aerobics Oz Style.

I'd hope we've got an increase - combined with a bit more visibility would be nice.  Guy on the news just saying it shows the impact of BT Sport which is hard to argue against.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

So apparently Sky are interested in showing the new structure.

They've also committed to Scottish football which rejected the new structure.

It's almost as if they're hoovering up content to react against an aggressive new player in the market.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

They've also committed to Scottish football which rejected the new structure.

It's almost as if they're hoovering up content to react against an aggressive new player in the market.

None of that changes the fact that certain people here claimed that Sky weren't interested in anything outside of the top tier, despite Sky showing plenty of Championship over the years.

I think you are right regarding the new SL deal - and hopefully we have capitalised on it. Sky didnt have to take the Championship too though.

None of that changes the fact that certain people here claimed that Sky weren't interested in anything outside of the top tier, despite Sky showing plenty of Championship over the years.

I think you are right regarding the new SL deal - and hopefully we have capitalised on it. Sky didnt have to take the Championship too though.

I doubt they are taking the whole of the Championship.  I would imagine they'll just be showing those games involving the Championship teams in the final third of the season.

That's a very long time to commit ourselves to one broadcaster. Unless there is a substantial financial increase, and I do mean substantial, then it looks a very dicey decision. The whole industry is in flux, we have no idea what options we'd have had in 2017. I hope the RFL give us some proper details regarding the structure of it.

It is quite obvious that Sky have been stung by BT and are now locking up their possessions. No doubt we'll hear people claiming this as a victory for the new format, which is nonsense because none of the other sports included in this announcement have introduced anything like it.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Surely not? People have posted numerous times on here that sky have no interest in the Championship.

No. People have said they weren't interested in paying for them.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Archived