Ryan Bailey to the rams

Will cordwell

They do seem to sign anybody in a vain hope of finishing above us

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Ryan Bailey will sign for dewsbury rams before next Friday

Just a point.

Why haven't you posted this on the dewsbury ram's forum? It seems a bit strange you should think we should be interested unless he was signing for batley....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Just a point.

Why haven't you posted this on the dewsbury ram's forum? It seems a bit strange you should think we should be interested unless he was signing for batley....

I'm a Batley fan and it interests me.  It strengthens their pack before our important derby with them.  It was also asked on another thread whether he would bring anything to our pack. 

I'm a Batley fan and it interests me. It strengthens their pack before our important derby with them. It was also asked on another thread whether he would bring anything to our pack.

i doubt he'd bring anything to our pack. With brown lillycrop hirst rowe and gleds playing well..

i doubt he'd bring anything to our pack. With brown lillycrop hirst rowe and gleds playing well..

I doubt that he would be good value for money for us and if we did have the money to strengthen I doubt that JK would be looking for another forward.  Still, he has been a quality player and if Will was correct and he did go to the Rams it would be coup for them. BF Andy mentioned Wakefield which given their injury problems would make a lot of sense.

I would try Brown at 13. Think he has the handling ability plus the brain to make a decent fist of that position. Also, for all his speed, determination and go forward, I don't think Lillycrop has actually made a break yet, so would give Thackray a run.

He also makes a few yards and comes on to the ball like a train. He's been a contender for a few MOM and is playing well. You don't drop a player who is playing well just to put in someone who is unproven and who I think is not fully match fit yet. He'll get a run of games this year I am sure.

I believe I started the Bailey thread, if we were looking for a new 'beast' he'd certainly fit the bill. For all our effort we come up short sometimes in the make a break stakes. Lillycrop does come onto the ball well, needs to be making the breaks, what a great sight last week to see KH get a chance to stretch his legs for that try, could do with seeing some more of that. Hope the Dewsbury story is a wind up though.

Incidentally, why was this posted on the Batley Bulldogs forum? Whatever basis it has, it's totally irrelevant to our club?

This is a batley fans forum and if a fan wants to talk about a particular player joining another club then that is fine. It doesn't say we are only allowed to talk about a topic if it is directly related to our club.

This is a batley fans forum and if a fan wants to talk about a particular player joining another club then that is fine. It doesn't say we are only allowed to talk about a topic if it is directly related to our club.

I guess you're right. Free speech and all that.

However, this is genuinely the first time that I've ever known a member of this forum create a main thread in relation to another club being linked with a player who is of total irrelevance to Batley.

I just wondered why it wasn't posted on the Dewsbury forum? Additionally, I also wondered why the poster was so keen to inform us that the player would be signing before Good Friday?

Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe the poster is on a 'wind-up'?

r02c.gif

Rumour has it that Jonathan Thurston will join Parramatta next season. Thoughts?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived