Making up for the short fall in funding.

tuutaisrambo

The ticket prices for the 8s are a good start and i hope everyone tells their family, friends and work mates to get down to the Bigfellas Stadium for these 4 games.

At only £10 for adults and FREE entry for under 16s it's a very cheap event for families.

Another suggestion to make some extra cash........

Traditional proper butchers stripes jersey for next year...........out well in advance for christmas shopping...........I'm sure we'd sell far more than we have this year.

We've had 4 years of mainly white jerseys and for me it's just wrong...........this years especially is rubbish.........fev are navy and white, not white and navy...........no one else has our navy butchers style shirts in the world of rugby.....it's iconic and unique to fev so why mess about with it.

Paul Taylor and the commercial team always do a great job with sponsorship..........there's plenty of events coming up in the cappers bar.

How about letting local bands play curtain raisers on the pitch before games?...........could bring a younger audience in............local choirs singing jerusalem on the pitch.......a local talent showcase........monkey tennis.....anything.

I'm sure there are many small changes the club could make that added together would make a big difference so.........any ideas?

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Now the last bank is closing how about a free cash dispenser in the ground and start a savings club. If we paid 3% interest if you are season ticket holder  it would beat all that is going and the club could use the money, as other financial institutes do, to keep their overdraft and incidental expenses down.  Non season ticket holder could use the facility with a smaller return. It would save people having to go to Pontefract and would help older folk. Of course it would need careful setting up but it could work.

Not as difficult as some may think. Have a register that peoples names are entered that deposit. The sum has to stay from one season to the start of the next. Interest hasn't got to be paid in money. If say a ticket holder deposits £1000 then the following season he receives a discount of £30 off the cost of his season ticket i.e. 3%. No tax no fees no trouble. If some one deposits £100 then he gets the equivalent of three pound i.e. a free pint.

In an ideal situation say 600 bought season tickets and each deposited a £1000 then the club would have £600,000 to negotiate with. The money is still the supporters and he/she is receiving the interest on it. Of course there are many variations on any scheme. But, it is a thought. 

You would need a consumer credit licence to start with. Not difficult but can take a few months. Also with regards to tax, you would have to tax the interest at 20% or the tax man would go mental. If people are non tax payers then there are forms you can complete to self declare that you are a non tax payer, however you then have administration costs, it would be someone's full time job which means wages and 3% means your mad. No companies out there offer terms that high unless tying it in for minimum amount of time. You then need terms and conditions, legal papers drawing up with regards the terms of the agreement etc.

Sorry James but take it from me who has been involved in setting credit unions etc up, it's a minefield, and certainly not one a rugby club should be involved in.

You are better trying to grow a lottery as easier to manage and income streams easily generated

There's a meeting in the clubhouse at 7pm Monday 3rd August to talk about re launching a lottery based scheme

Im Fev and im proud

Hi Ackropj,

I take on board all you have said. There are very relevant points there. I know about the tax element and R85 for non tax people. But I did write a second entry about discounts. Also the admin would be practically nil after the first deposit. However there could be complications as you rightly say. Having run savings clubs in the past I certainly haven't seen great problems. It was just a thought. Thanks for your observations. Incidentally I am not mad only slightly cracked.

• 3 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 8:40 PM, jamescolin said:

Not as difficult as some may think. Have a register that peoples names are entered that deposit. The sum has to stay from one season to the start of the next. Interest hasn't got to be paid in money. If say a ticket holder deposits £1000 then the following season he receives a discount of £30 off the cost of his season ticket i.e. 3%. No tax no fees no trouble. If some one deposits £100 then he gets the equivalent of three pound i.e. a free pint.

In an ideal situation say 600 bought season tickets and each deposited a £1000 then the club would have £600,000 to negotiate with. The money is still the supporters and he/she is receiving the interest on it. Of course there are many variations on any scheme. But, it is a thought. 

Suggestion for fund raising in 2015. equivalent to 3% return. 

On 7/28/2015 at 12:13 PM, tuutaisrambo said:

The ticket prices for the 8s are a good start and i hope everyone tells their family, friends and work mates to get down to the Bigfellas Stadium for these 4 games.

At only £10 for adults and FREE entry for under 16s it's a very cheap event for families.

Traditional proper butchers stripes jersey for next year...........out well in advance for christmas shopping...........I'm sure we'd sell far more than we have this year.

We've had 4 years of mainly white jerseys and for me it's just wrong...........this years especially is rubbish.........fev are navy and white, not white and navy...........no one else has our navy butchers style shirts in the world of rugby.....it's iconic and unique to fev so why mess about with it.

Paul Taylor and the commercial team always do a great job with sponsorship..........there's plenty of events coming up in the cappers bar.

How about letting local bands play curtain raisers on the pitch before games?...........could bring a younger audience in............local choirs singing jerusalem on the pitch.......a local talent showcase........monkey tennis.....anything.

I'm sure there are many small changes the club could make that added together would make a big difference so.........any ideas?

Paul taylor left three years ago mate !

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 12:13 PM, tuutaisrambo said:

the under 16s with a Batley season ticket which gets them into all grounds had to pay a fiver last week and that's a fact,i had to pay for my nephew.

2 minutes ago, zaz9 said:

the under 16s with a Batley season ticket which gets them into all grounds had to pay a fiver last week and that's a fact,i had to pay for my nephew.

Check the date of the original post! It is from 3 years ago and was trawled up for some reason by one of our posters and reposted.

1 hour ago, zaz9 said:

the junior season ticket scheme which allows free entry is for league games only

6 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I’m sure most fans buy the shirt whether it’s butchers stripes or not. Can’t see this leading to a significant increase in revenue.

I normally buy the home and away shirts but didn't bother with the home shirt this year due to it being horrible. 

If only we could finish the season as we perform during the campaign. Why oh why do we always fail at the final hurdle, loosing out on critical payments?. Do the Club and the players really want to dip their toes into that financial pot, or are there other explanations why we always knock on the door but appear not good enough to enter.

Few reasons....

Key Injuries played no small part.

Not having the main try scorer available.

Rank bad discipline and players unavailable 

Players getting banned for ridiculous disciplinary reason.... like chelpin at the ref.

The Griffin case costing the club

A small squad and over reliance on dual reg..... tho i can appreciate why its used

Supporters will have to get used to us not being a top four club with the cut in funding and drop in membership and gate money.I would expect the attendance to drop by about 400 per game if we are not in contention for top couple of places,we have probably over achieved since getting Powell as coach,best we can hope for is a new structure with 2 divisions of ten teams which to make it work would mean equal funding SKY money for all 20 somehow i cant see the S.L. teams now agreeing to this.Each team plays each other home and away in their division 18 games and 5 home and 5 away only playing teams in the other division once. 10 games so teams would play 28 games..I would then have the top 3 from each division in a play off for Champions Grand Final.Team with lowest points relegated and the team with second lowest points to play off with 2nd team from division below at a neutral ground.

Archived