2017 Squad and Signings

allroughyed

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The news this morning that Lippy, Will Hope and Adam Files have all left the club was not unexpected.  It leaves us with 20 contracted players on the books but that includes Craig Briscoe who needs surgery on his knee.  So effectively 19 players.

Here's a quote from Scott last year when we had 21 players on the books:

“Another player, possibly two, would be nice but I usually set off with a smallish squad to leave room for later additions,” said Naylor. “I don’t like having a full squad too soon. I like being in a position to top up when a player comes along who is right for the club and right for the squad.

“Finance also dictates these things, but it’s good to have room for manoeuvre because available players usually appear from nowhere for different reasons when the season has been up and running for a bit.”

I reckon that means we've room for two, maybe three more players.  The teased "big signing" and one or two more.  I think.

What do I know!

Adam- I can understand why we haven't offered him a new contract based on how he plays

Lepori - class player didn't he leave so he could go to university ? If so I understand and accept that he should leave so he can focus on school

Will- I don't know why he hasn't been given a new contract he is a good player and makes a perfect back/ second row stand in if langtree Chappell or Thompson were to be injured or suspended

Gutted to see Lepori go,but education is important. Good luck to the lad at university. Files going isn't a big surprise as he hasn't been the same since his knee injury. Don't know why Hope is going,always grafted and seemed to do his best.Good luck to the three of them in their futures and thanks for what they've done for the club.

U know who it is pal

Tyson I hope, but don't have a clue done

Edit: done some searching around seems a pretty reliable source from Facebook xD

'Jonny Kelly I heard from a reliable source wardy that gregg inglis made a stop of in Oldham, enjoyed Wat he seen and decided to sign a 3 year contract for 300 quid a week, free beer in upsteps and a florida chicken!'

GT confirmed. Is that the signing everyone was talking about? Good signing and young still

Does everyone think he's an improvement on middlehurst?

If you could have both players' contracts in your hand and you had to give one to Hairnets, which one would you choose?  I'm a fan of them both but I'm keeping George. 

Glad the Blond Bomber has come back.  Good aggression, always gives 100% and fits the mould the type of player that Scott looks for.  Think he will stay in the centre as I feel Nathan Chappel has come in as a replacement for Middlehurst and, having seen the video montage of him on Youtube, I think we have a decent replacement.

Welcome back George

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Tyson is a great signing and both he and Nathan Chappell can do the job for us in the centre or second row. Gaz was a great grafter and a joy to watch but so are both these lads. The squad overall looks much stronger than last year.  ;) Come on you Yeds!!!!!!!

Archived