is it on

tandle

18 minutes ago, tandle said:

only Oldham can have a pitch inspection at 2-oclock my apologise to any ram supporters that have left just ludicrous.

Thanks, tandle, for letting us know - and also the Oldham supporters coming back down the hill by the old hunters pub - I appreciate the weathers not been great on your side of the peninnes, but yes, it seems riduculous and a bit unprofessional that the game can be definately "on" 2 hours before KO then "off" 1 hour before. I guess the Oldham fans share the same frustration. 

The empty car park when we arrived was ominous. It was notable that the football goals were still erected; they hadn't even bothered putting the RL posts up. Hence those running the ground were expecting the game to be called off.

Really, in those circumstances here should have been an early pitch inspection and I do hope that we make a complaint to the RFL about this. Given that both sets of supporters have to travel some way to this ground then this simply isn't good enough.

(We would have won too!!)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The empty car park when we arrived was ominous. It was notable that the football goals were still erected; they hadn't even bothered putting the RL posts up. Hence those running the ground were expecting the game to be called off.

Really, in those circumstances here should have been an early pitch inspection and I do hope that we make a complaint to the RFL about this. Given that both sets of supporters have to travel some way to this ground then this simply isn't good enough.

(We would have won too!!)

Just think of the positives 

Nice ride out with the Sunday drivers

Beautiful scenery riding over the valley's & hill's 

Nice & warm in the car

Didn't have to get wet watching a dour game of rugby league 

£10 heavier 

Home now early so you can take your missus out for a lovely tea with the tenner you saved

Just think how lucky you are

Look at others and how it affected them

I've bug ger all to moan about at 5pm now ;)

Team building in spoons or training session back at shaw cross?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

to have a pitch inspection at 2-oclock is a disgrace some Oldham fans travel 20 miles so they would have left to. I was ready to leave at 1-50 but I thought I would have a quick check and thanks to Clifford who posted it was off .  no excuses what so ever I again apologise to the rams fans.

A situation like this is always harsh all round. However the facts are, that the pitch was deemed playable around 1 pm, one set of posts was put up, but once the match commissioner had arrived and cast doubt over the suitability of the ground, the other set was left pending a final decision made by him at l.45 pm. It was not that an official pitch inspection had been planned by anyone for 2 pm, just how it evolved as conditions worsened.  

We rang the ground at 130 ... told the game was definitely on!!!!  got within 10 miles and then heard the game was off!!  What time did the ref get there???  It seemed obvious it was going to be postponed but the 'its definitely on' message from the club gave me the confidence to go!!!   .... too late !! ..... unacceptable Oldham!! ..... you could have saved your own and and Rams fans time and money!! 

Anyway managed to turn round and watch Fev implode against Rochdale!!   

From learning our game was off at 2pm, I managed to get back across the peninnes to get to see 60 minutes of 'fax v Toulouse - It was nice to see some RL, and also an even, contested game, where despite the rain there was at least some interesting half back play involving kicking and passing! - tho' 'fax supporters appear as disappointed with their team and lack of creativity as we are with ours. Toulouse were probably just about deserved winners, but weren't anywhere near as impressive as against the Rams and look a little under-sized and under-powered to be in contention for promotion this year. Anyway, aside from the disappointment of making a wasted trip to Stalybridge, I agree that the Rams players may benefit from training rather than playing this week.

May I apologise for the late call off of the game today absolute garbage from our club,On the positive side those fans from Dewsbury who travelled and stayed in the Fleece pub are a credit to the club and your town. What a great set of fans,a pleasure to drink with you and talk about RL in general,true spirit of RL was on show, massive respect to you. Take a bow folks,

With the game called off I thought a notice to that effect could been pinned to the gate, or down the hill. I can visualise a man standing in the rain with a loudhailer announcing the decision!

I think the Match Commissioner should have either got to the ground earlier (greater distance for him to travel from Kippax, I believe, further than either set of supporters), or arranged for a more local ref to make a decision on his behalf.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Looks to me like Oldham or the ref cocked up because we knew the pitch was in bad order its been talked about on our forum all week and the weather forecast was for heavy rain on Sunday so per RFL rules

"In the event that the home Club suspects that its Ground will not be fit for play owing to frost or any other cause, the home Club must immediately call a Match Official who is on a list provided by the RFL Match Officials department prior to the start of the season,to inspect the Ground. "  

"If, having made such inspection, the Match Official says there is a doubt as to the fitness of the Ground but is not certain that it will be unfit, the home Club must immediately advise the visiting Club and the RFL of the position and the appointed Match Commissioner must be called to inspect the Ground.  In such event, the Match Commissioner shall arrive not less than 2½ hours before the advertised time for kick-off"

Given the above why did the ref arrive at 1.30pm  ?   Cancelling a game just over an hour before ko is not fair on the fans, I'll be complaining.

http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/Section B2 - Match Day Rules_2016 - Final PDF.pdf

I can only echo my dismay regarding today's fiasco. Clubs are urging fans to show up to watch the game only to be greeted by "oh the games off". Not good enough by a long shot.My apologies to all rams fans who made the journey. Disappointed is an understatement!.

Well I'm sure to.make amends for today's fiasco

Any Ram's fan's turning up for the rearranged fixture should be only charged a £5 into the game as compensation for been put out today

Tickets should only be available thru the ram's club

So Oldham would know in advance the numbers traveling.. It might even boost the gate would the gesture. 

12 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I can only echo my dismay regarding today's fiasco. Clubs are urging fans to show up to watch the game only to be greeted by "oh the games off". Not good enough by a long shot.My apologies to all rams fans who made the journey. Disappointed is an understatement!.

We also understand you Oldham supporters have to travel too, but thank you for your concern.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived