2 Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

The last time we were this bad in the league was 1903, which itself was the culmination of a run of fallow years in which we also went 11 games without a league win. Which is our record.

I think that breaking the club record for the worst league team of all time is beyond this group of players, but you never know. Taking the next 4 games, last year we lost both home games against Widnes, got hammered in Perpignan and struggled against Wire and Leeds, so anything is possible even if we play as well as we did last year. Strange times.

16 minutes ago, chuffer said:

yeh, somehow cant see us taking them tonight, maybe if we were at home

Tonight?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Tough decision on this one...

On one hand I want to make sure Widnes can't remotely catch the giants, but the  I want Wigan to stay below us Too 

Also Wigan in their longest ever losing streak us just funny, makes a change from us being there 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Also Wigan in their longest ever losing streak us just funny, makes a change from us being there 

All the referees' fault, of course. :wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First blood to the Pies.

Wigan 6 Widnes 0.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Neither SL tie has served up many points yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Break from Mellor, eventually run down by Williams, some nice interpassing from the next tackle and then a kick from Corey Thompson, didn't see who touched down.

16-6 HT.

White, apparently.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Another try from White, this one off a charge down/ricochet and an outrageous dummy. Again very much against the run of play. Penalty after penalty in favour of Wigan, but not much creativity from either side.

16-12

Archived