22 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of fan are you?

• Type A
    • Type B

Type A or Type B?

Glass half full or half empty?

Type A:

Glass of Theakston's Old Peculiar, half full:

• We came within a spit and a fart of the playoffs last year and won the shield
  • We have a great stadium and loads of usable land that'll make us millions
  • We're puutting together a strong squad for 2019
  • We've got a great relationship with Leeds Rhinos
  • Excited about PNG internationals lined up for next year
  • We've got some quality youngsters coming through
  • We're starting up the reserves again
  • If Duffy goes we'll replace him with better
  • In MC we trust
  • Up The Rovers, the future's bright.

Type B:

Glass of Old Speckled Hen, half empty:

• Duffy's off to Leigh, a club with no players.
  • And he's taking Ridyard with him.
  • We had just 13 lads for first team training, six of them youngsters.
  • Will the Papuans arrive and adapt to English conditions?
  • We're broke and need to sell our land to survive.
  • We've signed no reserve players at all yet.
  • We will be begging Leeds for players all year.
  • The atmosphere and morale at the club is really bad
  • The chairman is off to York.
  • Up The Rovers, the future's League 1.

I treat rumours light heartedly. Cos we can't do much about it. Smile and it'll come good. Everyone on here loves Fev (Dewsbury and Batley fans apart)? or else they wouldn't be on here. When we are running out at Wembley in the 1895 cup final all this  will be in the past.??

8 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Oooof! I've got more respect for one of this forum's pillars.

Flaky will be along any minute to tell us where the curly end of a raj's slipper is going.......

Tell you what though that nickname will stick with him forever. Bestowed upon him from above.??

50 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

Tell you what though that nickname will stick with him forever. Bestowed upon him from above.??

I'm not saying it to his face (especially not his surname, Flaky F****er)

Amiable chappie though he is, he's a slightly bigger build than myself.......

I remember after that nightmare night at the Mac alpine Stadium against Wakey when we came so close to gaining SL only for the Ref to come back to the linesman with his flag up to rule our match winning try out for knock on at the base of the scrum and then our Team got smashed up with all our best players leaving like Pratt,Asa Amone , Gary H Price and many others. I thought we were done as a competitive side next season but we gradually came back enjoying the good times with Peter Roe so I have optimism that we will be ok next season.Like whats been said earlier I love this Club like all the Fev fans on here and as long as there is promotion I will be there supporting the lads. Incidentally I used to drink Old Peculiar at the Black Swan in Wakey on West Gate in the 80s as that was the only Pub at the time that had it  .Very strong beverage indeed ( Happy days )

Neither option. I have followed the Rovers through thick and thin since 1939. Whatever the circumstances I will still support them. We will survive and progress. We have overcome bigger difficulties than are now being rumoured. Onward and upward. When you consider our circumstances compared with other clubs we are up at the top in assets and facilities. A few hurdles to jump and we are there. THINK POSITIVE. UTR. To support the club only when everything is ideal and not to purchase a season ticket because of that is poor thinking. How can a club overcome things if the support is not there? GET DOWN and purchased a ticket NOW. 

8 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Neither option. I have followed the Rovers through thick and thin since 1939. Whatever the circumstances I will still support them. We will survive and progress. We have overcome bigger difficulties than are now being rumoured. Onward and upward. When you consider our circumstances compared with other clubs we are up at the top in assets and facilities. A few hurdles to jump and we are there. THINK POSITIVE. UTR. To support the club only when everything is ideal and not to purchase a season ticket because of that is poor thinking. How can a club overcome things if the support is not there? GET DOWN and purchased a ticket NOW. 

That's type A. Good man.

19 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

I remember after that nightmare night at the Mac alpine Stadium against Wakey when we came so close to gaining SL only for the Ref to come back to the linesman with his flag up to rule our match winning try out for knock on at the base of the scrum and then our Team got smashed up with all our best players leaving like Pratt,Asa Amone , Gary H Price and many others. I thought we were done as a competitive side next season but we gradually came back enjoying the good times with Peter Roe so I have optimism that we will be ok next season.Like whats been said earlier I love this Club like all the Fev fans on here and as long as there is promotion I will be there supporting the lads. Incidentally I used to drink Old Peculiar at the Black Swan in Wakey on West Gate in the 80s as that was the only Pub at the time that had it  .Very strong beverage indeed ( Happy days )

Aye.

Bring on the next Peter Roe / Daryl Powell figure......

Black Swan on Westgate,Peter Fox coached them just prior to rejoining Fev as coach.Never played against them but Foxy watched one of our games and asked the spectators who the dirty  ---------- in the lug caps was.Twas i.  Teams i did play against=Jubilee ,Cutsyke,Pointer Panthers,Redhill,Kippax White Swan,Normanton,Sharlston,Bentley,Ackworth,Duke of York,Malt Shovel,Jolly Sailor(Thornes)Walnut Warriors,Hemsworth Miners.Fred Lindop used to pick the juicy matches to ref and his humour usually kept the hard cases in check.

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Its a bit of a catch22 situation, JC. Appreciate that a club must have the fans to provide support and finance, but by the same token, the club and players must, in return, give the fans value for money, ie; on field performances and a club willing to offer a good rapport with the fans.

Archived