Season Launch 2016

Kipperbang

What a great night! Well attended by players, coaches, staff and supporters. Great news about sponsorship deal with YBS and generally positive all round. Shirts and other merchandise seemed to be selling well. What a great fella Mark Sawyer is too - top bloke.

Agreed... what was really impressive for me was the long term aspirational, but realistic thinking and planning articulated by Mark ... exploiting potential income streams for a sustainable future which may or may not include super league!!

.... and also the 100% squad attendance  ( I am sure it was a three line whip ) but there were players in attendance who have had recent operations ( Ben Reynolds only yesterday!!) that could and would  have been forgiven for not being there ... but they were there!!  it felt good... they appeared together and enthusiastic....   encouraging and engendering  optimism ( or is it my rose tinted specs) .....  

I am also inspired by the work of the Amber Ribbon ( but why can't you get San Miguel in the South stand bar) ... you can count on my 3 quid again this year!!!

Add to all that a fantastic turnout of fans ..... I can't wait for the start of the new season!!

Agreed, the Amber Ribbon are absolute miracle workers and are definitely worthy of at least £3 per season from each supporter as what they squeeze out of those funds with their own time and effort is awe inspiring.

I was unable to make it last night because of work, but I hear it was a huge success.

Well done to the players, coaching staff and club staff for giving up their time to make the night what it was.

And well done to James Taylor (Netherton Ram) for the presentation which accompanied it. James has added a new level of professionalism to events like this.

Tom

Interesting to see Sykes has been given the 6 shirt.

Does anyone have the full list of squad numbers to post?

Never really expected anything else. This might be for a different thread, but what I expect for the first game will be :

Pryce Grant Crookes O'Grady Morton Sykes Kaine Tonks Hemmingway Groat Spicer Hales Brown Jackson Farrell Conway and Luke Adamson.

Might not be my choice but I reckon I wont be far off.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Never really expected anything else. This might be for a different thread, but what I expect for the first game will be :

Pryce Grant Crookes O'Grady Morton Sykes Kaine Tonks Hemmingway Groat Spicer Hales Brown Jackson Farrell Conway and Luke Adamson.

Who's this new Irish signing then GOR? That was certainly kept under wraps.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Tonks & Spicer had minor operations in the off season & Hale still recovering from his operation so may miss the out on a couple of the friendlies.

Who's this new Irish signing then GOR? That was certainly kept under wraps.

His middle name is Oliver - google top 20 profiles for shane ogrady on linkedin and thats how it appears. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Crookes back eh? Progress indeed.

Actually not sure reading that team that we have any real hope of finishing higher than last season. hope I'm wrong.

Crookes back eh? Progress indeed.

Actually not sure reading that team that we have any real hope of finishing higher than last season. hope I'm wrong.

I'll probably be completely wrong Nick - I just think the first four games are crucial, and GM will use his most experienced players to grind out the results needed to give us a flyer. He seems to rate Crookes, so I reckon he will be included. Given the money spent on the more well heeled clubs, and the strengthening of our nearer rivals I think maintaining  last years position will be an achievement.

George Bernard Shaw.

Never really expected anything else. This might be for a different thread, but what I expect for the first game will be

no way! Sykes instead of crookes and Reynolds at stand off

GM mentioned during his introduction of squad members that Crookes wasn't happy with his form last season and has trained hard during the close season and come back as one of the fittest players. I for one will support him and wish him all the best. I agree he had some poor games but the treatment he got from some "fans" on the terraces and on here was nothing short of cruel.

GM mentioned during his introduction of squad members that Crookes wasn't happy with his form last season and has trained hard during the close season and come back as one of the fittest players. I for one will support him and wish him all the best. I agree he had some poor games but the treatment he got from some "fans" on the terraces and on here was nothing short of cruel.

no way! Sykes instead of crookes and Reynolds at stand off

I did say it might not be my personal choice of team. GM though ....    ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

I'll hold my hand up as he came in for a lot of criticism from me,but to be honest he looked fit & he's lost weight by the looks of it.

I'll hold my hand up as he came in for a lot of criticism from me,but to be honest he looked fit & he's lost weight by the looks of it.

Does that mean that he can now pass, run and tackle? If so it would be a major improvement.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived