Town V Oldham predictions & team

town4me

don't think you will have too much trouble at home .... Town by 20

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good news. Anybody know how alex & tom are coming along with their recovery?

tom hoping to be there for the haven game. Will be huge to get him back.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Didn't the League Express have Alex as a possible for this week? Suppose Fridays squad will tell us for sure

he was only supposed to miss 4-5 weeks so youd think he would be back sunday

Why can't we have Tierney back ? Wane says he has things to work on - well that seems perfect for both .

good shout david. He would add the pace and zip to the backs that could feed of sammuts kicks. A short term loan surely wouldn't hurt.

Oldham have just signed nwc prop joe burke massive prop with speed to burn just

watched a video of him scoring from the half way line like a runaway tank will be in oldhams squad for sunday

Used to play for Barrow I think. Looks like the North Wales outfit is imploding. Might benefit other sides but another expansionist  embarrassment for Red Hall. 

Used to play for Barrow I think. Looks like the North Wales outfit is imploding. Might benefit other sides but another expansionist embarrassment for Red Hall.

pay the RFL better to put money into the true outpost of RL if they want real expansion

Not much chance of West Cumbria getting anything from the R.F.L.-whatever we've achieved over the years has been in spite of them rather than any meaningfull input. This latest Welsh debacle is truly embarrassing for the game. The original Crusaders experiment foundered amidst a scandalous catalogue of abuses featuring players who were operating under the radar. As for the Scorpions -they'd struggle to compete with any of our local amateur sides,yet the suits at Red Hall would rather chuck money at Wales and Toulouse than nurture Cumbrian potential. Twas ever thus. As for Lewis Tierney,I think the Wigan connection is dead in the water ,and no loss in my humble opinion. Too many of our good local lads had their noses put out of joint last year to accommodate Shaun Wane's punishment postings. 

and who would be dropped , Sam ? Brett ?

wingers arent the problem, neither get the ball so it dosent matter whos stood out there. A centre is what we need, and urgently. And before anyone asks on form it would have to be declan to drop out.

I don't see that it's individual positions that are a problem, it's the way we play that's the problem. If for instance we offloaded out of the tackle it would give those players more space  to show what they can do, but most of the time they're hitting a none existent hole.

Got to agree , we play a game that is based on forwards being on front foot, if there being overun or its parity in the pack then we don't have a plan b. Something Rowley was alluding to.....lets get this ball thrown about a bit more.

The weather hasn't been the best to play this throwing the ball about and offloading game. But they certainly could have played a bit smarter with ball in hand, and IMO the attacking kicking game could have had more variation to suit the conditions. I'm sure we aren't far away, it's just crucial areas of the game we seem to fall down, and once the game starts rolling away in the second halves of games we haven't been able to turn the pressure around onto the other team. The last home game was a classic example, we were very nearly there but once the tide turned we couldn't push back.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

.... If for instance we offloaded out of the tackle it would give those players more space  to show what they can do, but most of the time they're hitting a none existent hole.

Well that's one thing we'll get with Fifita when he returns. Is it soon?

wingers arent the problem, neither get the ball so it dosent matter whos stood out there. A centre is what we need, and urgently. And before anyone asks on form it would have to be declan to drop out.

totally agree , Carter is stronger than Lewis Tierney , Forrester is a better finisher if he can get a opportunity 20  yards out and Ritson is as fast as Tierney with ball in hand . Its a matter of utilising all of this and getting pitch experience as they were predominantly fullbacks 

Well I don't . In time the last two will be good players especially as you say when they play in their best position but Tierney can do something unexpected so I'd take him . We're supposed to want competition for places so why not play Forrester at fullback and give Murphy a rest? He won't but I'd like to see it happen.

I don't take tierney to put him on the wing , and I never get this ' who are we leaving out ? ' . Gee whizz we are rock bottom of the league so our players are hardly pulling up trees ! We need an input of something out of the box . Shove him at 1 or 7 I don't mind . We need help , we need a lift and we need a shake up . At times its far to cosy with players having no competition for their places.

help is needed in the centres and maybe second row forwards in defending the try line and shipping the ball wide , i see a bit of a weakness at 6  ?maybe ?  David so get your point about Teirney there .Although a good seasoned No13 would be invaluable to the squad . who we have on the outside can also do things off the cuff and unexpected if they have plenty of ball.

I don't take tierney to put him on the wing , and I never get this ' who are we leaving out ? ' . Gee whizz we are rock bottom of the league so our players are hardly pulling up trees ! We need an input of something out of the box . Shove him at 1 or 7 I don't mind . We need help , we need a lift and we need a shake up . At times its far to cosy with players having no competition for their places.

And who says he's available to us? He's never a 7, but of course you'd play anybody there rather than Forber ,even though he was nominated m.o.m. last week. Gee Whiz Chief ---did he nick your crayons at school ?

There will be double trouble when they lose Sunday boys and girls - let's hope Sammut can pull it out the bag

lets not be negative cumbria29,lets look forward to a town win.

Archived