The Photography Thread

Some great landscape photos

Although the pics in that link are perfectly work-safe, they tend to use adverts that are not. Your risk, you have been warned.

The rest of the biertijd.com site has some NSFW pics on it, including the index pages. If you're not at work and don't mind NSFW pics, you may have just found another site to waste a few hours on.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Wall St Journal pictures of the day

Some great pics on there over the last few weeks. You can easily lose a lot of time there.

Edit: this is the header page, you need to click on the pics on this to get to that day's pics. That confused a few people on my email distribution... thick bunch my friends...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get all Gingerjohn and convert some colour pics to

b & w. Sometimes you just lose 'something' going from colour

to b & w and sometimes it looks better. Still trying to work out why.

This from Centurions v Stags on Sunday.

3360184253_a0da196feb.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Trying to get all Gingerjohn and convert some colour pics to

b & w. Sometimes you just lose 'something' going from colour

to b & w and sometimes it looks better.

Sometimes I keep the colour in:

3366594486_20c5b20b62.jpg

That's yesterday's Chancery Lane fire smoking in the background.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just had a winter break in Cornwall, here's a few from Mevagissey

MevagisseyHarbour_IMG_3517.jpg

MevagisseyHarbourBW_IMG_2599.jpg

MevagisseyHarbourBW_IMG_3511copy.jpg

MevagisseyHarbourBW_IMG_3533.jpg

The view from our apartment.

MevagisseyView_IMG_2469.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody like to hazard a guess which exotic country I took this snap in?

South West Scotland?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Correct.

You have inside knowledge.

I don't have inside knowledge, but I do know that SW Scotland sits right on the gulf stream and has some impressive botanical gardens. I worked a lot in the Dumphries and Galloway area in the past and my parents used to have a caravan on the banks of Loch Troon.

I don't have inside knowledge, but I do know that SW Scotland sits right on the gulf stream and has some impressive botanical gardens. I worked a lot in the Dumphries and Galloway area in the past and my parents used to have a caravan on the banks of Loch Troon.

So you do have inside knowledge.

It was taken in the grounds of Loch Inch near Starnraer. Just across the road from where my mother-in-law lives.

• 2 weeks later...
What happens when you **** off nature

Some great photos there...

Wow, some absolute belters there, you'd be chuffed to bits if you took a photo like that...

Here's one that shows what happens when nature gets it right ..... not sure if its the right depth of field, the colour gradient, the right perspective, but there is just 'something' about this that makes you want to come back and look again and again ........ :D

pool.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

Wow, some absolute belters there, you'd be chuffed to bits if you took a photo like that...

Here's one that shows what happens when nature gets it right ..... not sure if its the right depth of field, the colour gradient, the right perspective, but there is just 'something' about this that makes you want to come back and look again and again ........ :D

pool.jpg

Agreed.

I am finally trying to get to grips with my canon, I have plucked up courage to go fully manual and having some mixed results so far. I think I have the shutterspeed sorted now. I may put some up soon!

Had a few weeks off taking real photos as was feeling a bit uninspired but had a go at some Gerhard Richter inspired blurs yesterday - both taken on Villiers Street by Charing Cross ...

3445813686_fab5969a26.jpg

3444855683_d3fac8bb42.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I am finally trying to get to grips with my canon, I have plucked up courage to go fully manual and having some mixed results so far. I think I have the shutterspeed sorted now. I may put some up soon!

Looking forward to it.

Had a few weeks off taking real photos as was feeling a bit uninspired but had a go at some Gerhard Richter inspired blurs yesterday - both taken on Villiers Street by Charing Cross ...

Just been and Googled him, strange isn't it, if I had took a photo like this

gerhard-richter-frau-180x278.jpg

I'd think I'd spoiled it and would delete it - and yet he does it on purpose. Mind you, some of his other stuff if very good.

Got any more Ginge?