Uninteresting Trivial Facts

We got a new kettle last night.  After three boilings, one its initial clean with the other two cups of tea, it already has signs of limescale on the base. :(

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've already written 2000 new words of my book today.  Experience suggests that about 1500 words of that rough content will survive my first edit with the rest deleted.

That means about a quarter of what I write is utter drivel that needs to be deleted, much like my forum posts at times.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Over 4000 words done today.  Knackered now.  Going for a nap on the sofa with the cricket on in the background.

Royal baby's on the way.

Best use of the thread ever. Perfectly on topic for me.

http://www.oddschecker.com/novelty/william-and-kate/name-of-baby

500:1 for Wayne and Terry

200:1 for Tracey and Tiffany.

Dean and Sharon don't even get a mention.

No Welsh names on the list.

Could be a surprise to come there; he's the next Prince of Wales and they live in Wales.

If it's a girl, I hope they name her after my Auntie Ethel.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The Guardian have an option on their website; you can select 'republican' or 'royalist'. Selecting the former gives you the news pages without anything about the royal sprog. I can see it going down quite well with a lot of TRL members. :D 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've just booked to see the Pixies in Toulouse.  I think it will be just about spot on 25 years since I last saw them at the Kilburn National Ballroom at the hottest, most oversold gig I've ever been to.

Looking forward to it tremendously!  Mrs Timtum is threatening to fly in and join in the festivities!

Have dragged the mountain bike out of the garage and taken it in the van for a service. I've not done any exercise for 2 years and am not looking forward to starting.

The odds are on a future with a serviced bike standing for two years in the garage.

I applied for two permanent jobs today.

I love being self employed but the sales & marketing side is the bit of it I just can't stand.  I can avoid all of that by simply becoming a contractor but then that's rarely challenging these days for me and really isn't what I want to do with my life.

My aim now is to apply only for jobs right at the very top edge of my experience and skills, if I get one then great but if not then I'm not lowering my standard as I still have more than enough work through my company to keep me fully employed.  Why settle for second best when I can afford to wait and play the long-game for the right job?

While having some lunch, I had a look back over my last few years of my time billing statistics, it works out that I've spent just over 20% of my working time doing sales and marketing stuff to keep me busy for the other 80% of my time.  Spending an average of one day a week of my time bidding for work, attending sales meetings trying to persuade people to buy my skills, doing marketing mailshots and so on is just soul destroying...

By this time tomorrow, our kitten will be 2 stones lighter.

Kit-e-Kat Ex-Lax is a terrible thing to do to a trusting, loving pet, CKN.  :telephone: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kit-e-Kat Ex-Lax is a terrible thing to do to a trusting, loving pet, CKN. :telephone:

By losing 2 stones, I meant snip snip, permanent soprano for life eunuch. ;)

One happy son,he's met Wilko,carried his guitars,helped him with the soundcheck.Also met Norman Watt-Roy,who's playing bass for Wilko and Steve Howes son,who's playing drums.

Have met Wilko on many occasions, having seen him in various incarnations of Solid Senders/WJ bands, he is a top bloke. Similarly, NWR is a legend and a top bloke and it's very difficult not to watch him rather than Wilko when on stage.

Any word on how Wilko's health is holding up?

Any word on how Wilko's health is holding up?

Wilko is playing the Bingley Festival at the end of August. £45 for 3 days including Human League, Primal Scream and Chic.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10572897.Wilko_Johnson_to_perform_at_Bingley_Music_Live/

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bingley/2013/lineup.shtml

Edited by Wolford6

Poor wee kitten.  He just seems so disappointed in us.  He's spent the last 10 minutes since getting home looking at his memories.

BT decided today to create a cease order on my phone line with immediate effect.  This immediately cancelled my fibre broadband and my broadband provider sent me a note saying that I may have to pay up for the rest of the contract if I can't fix the problem.

Now, the funny part is that I've never missed a direct debit or payment ever.  BT think it was "user error" on their side and it'll take 7 days to reactivate my phone line.  They offered a £10 credit to my account.  I made it very clear that that's not even slightly acceptable.

I have a telephone line again ... Two weeks later.  Finally got through to some helpful people at BT.  Now, my broadband provider needs to reactivate the line from their side but their customer services people go home at 5pm...

Thank $deity for mobile broadband and living in a good area for it.

I have a telephone line again ... Two weeks later.  Finally got through to some helpful people at BT.  Now, my broadband provider needs to reactivate the line from their side but their customer services people go home at 5pm...

Thank $deity for mobile broadband and living in a good area for it.

My order for BT infinity was a complete joke, they really are a useless bunch of muppets.

Going from a BT business line to a BT domestic line was almost too much for them to cope with. They took my order then had to cancel it as the two parts of BT are apparently incompatible. I then placed a new order and it took over a month for the phone line to be activated then another month for the broadband to be activated. I've only recently convinced them to stop charging me for both the original order that was cancelled and the order they finally managed to complete. They also tried charging me from the date of the order despite it taking them months to get everything up and running.

Kirk_Yetholm_viewA.jpg

A view down the road from where I am currently spending a few days away from the sweltering metropolis.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson