What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, henage said:

Got a soft spot for Stevie Wonder , youth club had two Stevie Wonder songs on it . 

I have all of Stevie's albums from the Seventies, when he was at his peak, especially once he'd hooked up with Tonto's Expanding Head Band.

Plus 'Hotter than July' his first album of the Eighties.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I may have posted this before, but still a wonderful song. Definite evocation of the mid-Seventies Laurel Canyon sound. You could certainly imagine that Stephen Stills was involved, but no; 21st Century Cardiff.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There's a bit in Mark Kermode's new book about learning to play this piece. I'd never heard of the film before, let alone the theme tune, but it is an atmospheric and stylish track. I love it!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Unfortunately next door is having new doors & windows fitted, he did warn me, and the noise is getting on my t**s so I've put on All Through The City  by Dr Feelgood loud to drown it out a little bit. I had forgotten what a great set it is and with a brilliant DVD too.

Bring back nostalgia!

Edited by Clogiron
Error
  • Like 2