What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An odd little thing, this.

[media=]

[/media]

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dr John's new album 'Locked down' - produced by Dan Auerbach from The Black Keys. The Good Doctor is on top form here and the songs and arrangements are excellent too, especially the busy polyrhythmic drums.

Unfortunately, at some point in the mixing/mastering process, it has become yet another victim of The Loudness War, being heavily compressed, which is a shame, as an excellent album could easily have been made even better.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talking Heads landmark LP 77 on Spotify just ordered a new 180g pressing, hurry up postman.

Marvellous album

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I'm not listening to much at the moment. Lost all my digital stuff when the HD was screwed by a local "repairer". He saved all the documents, but didn't save the "My Music" folder. Barsteward!

Anyway, this is back on YouTube. Peter Green. Check it out. A guy of whom B.B.King said "His guitar sent shivers down my spine," has got to be worth listening to.

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by tonyXIII

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

New album by Ultravox.

That's not a sentence I expected to be writing in 2012, 26 years since their last one!

If you liked the early 80s Ultravox fronted by Midge Ure you'll probably like this too.

It's called 'Brilliant'. I wouldn't go that far, but it is surprisingly good IMO.

Some LPs digitised over the weekend:

• Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit. Pyramids on the cover - 'nuff said.
  • Ian Hunter - You're never alone with a Schizophrenic. Cleveland rocks and so does Ian Hunter.
  • The Byrds - The Byrds (a pretty decent 2LP Compilation)
  • The Jackson 5 - Triumph. Contains the bombastic 'Can you feel it' and the superbly OTT 'Heartbreak Hotel' (not the Elvis song).
  • Wizzard - See my Baby jive. A right old mixture, this, some of it borderline unlistenable. And not always on the good side of the borderline either.
  • Minnie Riperton - Come to my Garden. Glorious solo debut, with songs like the soaring, otherwordly 'Only when I'm dreaming'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ace good tune West Huller , me listening to Rezillos, because i am gonna see em in Leeds next Saturday. Also DEVO and Punk stuff. Amy -Victoria go on a kiddy site under 12s then get back on her when you grow up. I have to listen to that ###### stuff at work on nights your into, on Real ###### Radio.

Ace good tune West Huller , me listening to Rezillos, because i am gonna see em in Leeds next Saturday. Also DEVO and Punk stuff. Amy -Victoria go on a kiddy site under 12s then get back on her when you grow up. I have to listen to that ###### stuff at work on nights your into, on Real ###### Radio.

• 2 weeks later...