Gareth Thomas on Radio 5 now

Interview with George Riley

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A pretty positive piece, considering the subject matter.

If you missed it, iPlayer will have it at some point soon - the interview started immediately after the 10 o'clock news.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is he talking about being gay?

Couple of paragraphs at the end. It's not the focus of the feature, which is more about why he has decided to play RL so late in his career, what he knew of the game before joining Crusaders, what he thinks of it now, whether he'd encourage other union players to switch codes, why he doesn't do 'the Ayatollah' anymore, his first hand experience of the relationship between union and league in Wales, why he'd like the chance to play international RL for Wales and what he thinks of the possibility of RL introducing its own version of a Barbarians team. And other stuff. It's good.

Rugby League World - More Info

He does seem a happy fellow doesnt he.

He's not really gay, he's pretending in order to sell books. He is in fact a rather melancholy fellow.

Edited by jannerboyuk

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

I am concerned that I will get halfway through an article in Rugby League World, get to the point at which Warrington are criticised only to find the rest of the magazine blank.

Am I missing the joke? (Clearly I am!) Any chance of an explanation?

Me too. :unsure:

I think he may be referring to the 'Wigan bottle' thread followed by the 'Warrington bottle' thread that was quickly pulled. Just a hunch. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I think he may be referring to the 'Wigan bottle' thread followed by the 'Warrington bottle' thread that was quickly pulled. Just a hunch. :rolleyes:

Oh. :huh:

If anyone at all had bothered to report t'other thread I'd have pulled it sooner. No one did. Not one person. Not even the person who is now complaining about it restrospectively.

As soon as it was brought to my attention, it did get pulled.

Gimme a break, eh, guys. I've a magazine to get out these days. Can't spend all day reading everything that's ever posted on here. If you see something you don't like, forthaluvogawd, report it at the time, don't sit there seething about it and do nowt, just expecting me to see it, cos the chances are, I won't.

Anyway, moving back on topic. Gareth Thomas. He's in RLW on sale tomorrow. Did I mention...? It's good. Please everyone, go out and buy it.

I thang yew. B)

It was meant to be a jokey throw away comment. I don't mind whether things are blocked or go on forever. It tickled me that it was blocked. Anyway I will be devouring my copy of Open Rugby (as it will always be to me) the instant it reaches our corner of Surrey.

It's a shame we need moderators at all, especially as we have the ignore option, or the Sam button as I think of it.

It's a shame we need moderators at all, especially as we have the ignore option, or the Sam button as I think of it.

I wish more people would use it! It would make our lives so much easier if people simply "ignored" those who made them angry.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I am concerned that I will get halfway through an article in Rugby League World, get to the point at which Warrington are criticised only to find the rest of the magazine blank.

I know I ought not to but... :lol::lol::lol:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I wish more people would use it! It would make our lives so much easier if people simply "ignored" those who made them angry.

I can think of one or two posters on here that if they put everyone on ignore who they find vehemently disagreeable, they would have nothing left to read. B)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I can think of one or two posters on here that if they put everyone on ignore who they find vehemently disagreeable, they would have nothing left to read. B)

And there's one or two I wish would. ;)

(But not you!)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Gareth Thomas, please stop right NOW!!!! Everyone in the 'developed' World and on the Moon now know that you are homosexual! So what! That is it! Leave it!!

You really need to move on mate! You are making problems for yourself going on and on and on........ about being homosexual.

The speccies are sick and fed up with you constantly bleating about your 'problems'!

Look, if you know what's good for you, you will start to make friends with your own fans (and the remainder of the league fans!) by shutting up and getting on with your job!! Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought it was PLAYING R.L??!! And it won't be long (next season?!) that you will be removed from the action on the field, and will be expected to fill the role you where 'actually' employed for, promoting R.L in Wales?!

Has anyone seen the article on Gareth Thomas on the front cover of L'Equipe magazine last year (just before moving to RL)?

He must be extremely famous in France to have got on the front of L'Equipe

I would argue that any appearance of Gareth Thomas in the media is a good thing for RL, whatever he is talking about (so long as he is still playing RL).

Is there a France V Wales Euro RL game later this year?

I reckon if this were played in Toulouse (his ex-club) the crowd could be pretty big