Can Wigan Warriors get within eighteen points of Sydney Roosters?

After watching both Wigan and Sydney Roosters recently I have concluded that if Wigan are SL Grand Final winners (as appears likely), and if Sydney Roosters are the NRL Grand Final winners (as now seems more likely), Wigan will not get close to the Australian club.

Last night's victory of the Sydney Roosters over Parramatta was one of the most scintillating and breathtaking displays of open rugby league that I have ever seen. The ball was thrown from one side to the other, as forwards and backs smashed through the Danilel Anderson coached Parramatta defence. Moreover the Roosters displayed a defensive technique that no SUper League club is likely to penetrate more than once. (One has to discount the one try by the freakish Jarred Hayne, because no SL player has the talents of Jarred Hayne).

As much as I admire some of the talented Wigan players, their forwards will struggle to break even with the Roosters pack, while they simply cannot compete with the likes of Pearce and Carney in the halves, and Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Kate Linnett in the centres, and Anthony Minichiello at full back.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: ParisSurtout.

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

I dunno whether PS is more obsessed with Wigan or the NRL.

I think it goes

1. Own opinion

2. Own opinion

3. France is more beautiful and there's loads to do v England

4. NRL

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I thought Brian Smith coached the Roosters? If so, they'll find a way of losing as sure as Wire will drop the ball with a chance to beat Saints comes knocking.

Next Sunday Sydney Roosters meet the pretenders to the 2010 NRL crown, St George-Illawarra. This game will tell us if the Brian Smith coached club are as likely champions as I am suggesting.

We already know the answer in the Super League. No one -- not St Helens, not Warrington, and certainly not Leeds, is going to stop Wigan.

_____

this is the most pointless thread ever. its very possible that neither club will even take part in the WCC, add the fact that both sides will have different playing squads should they reach the WCC and well we may as well as ask will Saints get near to the titans or wire against the panthers in 2014. This is a thread for after the Grand finals have been played.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

I had a lecture just like PS's from a quite a few Broncos supporters in 1994 when we arrived in the city for the WCC.

We were told the Broncos were just too good for Wigan who's front row was sat at home injured.

Wigan would never cope with Glen Lazerous, Kerrod Walters and Andrew Gee. Never mind Langer, S Walters and Steve Renouf. Wigan would be lucky to get within 30 of the Broncos at the ANZ.

Just to remind PS, final score Brisbane 14 Wigan 20.

I just hope one day that the British club that wins our GF will go over to Aus and beat them in their own backyard as Wigan did in 1994.

It goes against my principles,to put somebody on ignore, but I must admit he (she) is trying my patience. I have never understood the point of trolling. Anybody can talk $hite and wind people up, I prefer to debate real issues.

I dont have principles and just refuse to read the same old tripe regurgitated over and over by a couple of posters

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

It goes against my principles,to put somebody on ignore, but I must admit he (she) is trying my patience. I have never understood the point of trolling. Anybody can talk $hite and wind people up, I prefer to debate real issues.

Do you mean real issues like the issues raised by: How Many Grounds Have You Watched Rugby From Every Stand? -- a thread started by "Hull4WellsyFC" .... sorry I mean "Wellsy4HullFC."

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

this is the most pointless thread ever. its very possible that neither club will even take part in the WCC, add the fact that both sides will have different playing squads should they reach the WCC and well we may as well as ask will Saints get near to the titans or wire against the panthers in 2014. This is a thread for after the Grand finals have been played.

So should I just stop speculating, and wait until after the two grand finals, when it won't be speculation any more?

_____

Maybe we should petition Webby to start a new 'trolling section', then the mods can re-direct such threads into it and they can 'debate' amongst themselves?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Maybe we should petition Webby to start a new 'trolling section', then the mods can re-direct such threads into it and they can 'debate' amongst themselves?

aye...would be good that ;)

I've looked for any other RL forums that I might join instead, but to be honest I can't find owt better :(

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

And maybe you'll get there one day! :O:D;) Joking!

Do you mean real issues like the issues raised by: How Many Grounds Have You Watched Rugby From Every Stand? -- a thread started by "Hull4WellsyFC" .... sorry I mean "Wellsy4HullFC."

Yep, this board generally has a nice mix of serious discussion and some light-hearted enjoyable topics (about grounds, eperiences etc.).

It also has a rather disappointing amount of absolute ######.

To answer the question posed by this thread, yes Wigan probably can.

As for saying that Wigan and the Roosters look likely to win their respective competitions, that is utter nonsense. In the NRL at this point last year St George and Canterbury were favourites to contest the GF. Neither did. In Super League, St Helens finished top of the league 4 years in a row from 2005 but only won the GF once.

All of which makes me wonder -

What is the point of this thread?

To answer the question posed by this thread, yes Wigan probably can.

As for saying that Wigan and the Roosters look likely to win their respective competitions, that is utter nonsense. In the NRL at this point last year St George and Canterbury were favourites to contest the GF. Neither did. In Super League, St Helens finished top of the league 4 years in a row from 2005 but only won the GF once.

All of which makes me wonder -

What is the point of this thread?

im an nrl fan and yeah this is a dumb thread