Jump to content

Best cover versions


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

RIP Kirsty.

I hadn't even realised Bragg had recorded an original version.

We went to a birthday party for her in Soho Square about 10 years ago. It was very moving.

  • Like 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I hadn't even realised Bragg had recorded an original version.

I have a friend who is a huge Billy Bragg fan, and she didn't realise that the first two lines of the song are taken from Paul Simon's "leaves that are green."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm sorry but that doesn't do anything for me, on the other hand the Dionne Warwick version is a thing of beauty. 

Yes but ms warwick's version isn't a cover version. So Phil's call is a fair one.

Dionne Warwick's interpretation of the song is peerless. What a beautiful song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Creedence didn't do many covers, mainly because their own stuff was brilliant, but their version of " The Midnight Special " is really great. 

You're not wrong. I got the first album and "Willy and the Poor Boys" for Christmas 1971. I'd already got Cosmo's Factory the Christmas before.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ullman said:

You're not wrong. I got the first album and "Willy and the Poor Boys" for Christmas 1971. I'd already got Cosmo's Factory the Christmas before.

Fantastic band. I've got loads of their stuff. John fogerty's solo stuff is hot as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Fantastic band. I've got loads of their stuff. John fogerty's solo stuff is hot as well

It certainly is. I think his first solo album sounds like the one Creedence should have released after Pendulum.

  • Like 1

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2017 at 8:01 PM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm sorry but that doesn't do anything for me, on the other hand the Dionne Warwick version is a thing of beauty. 

Agreed.

They should have been lined up and humiliated to death for that sheet.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miley Cyrus is symblolic of what is wrong with 21st century pop music.

Someone who studies music would be able to describe what it is. To me it all sounds like it was written and produced by the same thing.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

Miley Cyrus is symblolic of what is wrong with 21st century pop music.

Someone who studies music would be able to describe what it is. To me it all sounds like it was written and produced by the same thing.

I saw Miley Cyrus in a Woody Allen series he made for Amazon, and was slightly taken aback. What I've heard of her records is shrill and irritating, but her speaking voice is very different, and her acting was actually pretty good.

Her dad, however, was bad at music (Achy Breaky Heart)  and acting (Radical Jack), so Miley's one-nil up in the family talent stakes.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I saw Miley Cyrus in a Woody Allen series he made for Amazon, and was slightly taken aback. What I've heard of her records is shrill and irritating, but her speaking voice is very different, and her acting was actually pretty good.

Her dad, however, was bad at music (Achy Breaky Heart)  and acting (Radical Jack), so Miley's one-nil up in the family talent stakes.

I didn't realise that is her Dad. Anyone called Billy Ray should jump off the Tallahatchie bridge for a living.

Miley is a victim of modern music.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...