The TV Thread

Decent programme by Rich Hall about Texas last night.  A proper rambling monologue.  No one went on a journey, the content and presenter were engaging and it was quite funny in parts.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Decent programme by Rich Hall about Texas last night.  A proper rambling monologue.  No one went on a journey, the content and presenter were engaging and it was quite funny in parts.

Missed that, but he's usually good. He doesn't do many of these programmes but he did one a few years ago about Western movies which was excellent.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From Twitter, @RevRichardColes - "In my Glorious Rule TV producers who show the highlights at the beginning of a programme will be given foreknowledge of their own deaths." :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From Twitter, @RevRichardColes - "In my Glorious Rule TV producers who show the highlights at the beginning of a programme will be given foreknowledge of their own deaths." :D

I find the repeated highlights showing whats 'coming up' worse.  Especially on shows that don't even have adverts!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The other night, I caught the last half of part 1 of the drama about Kerry Packer. The guy who plays Packer is terrific! Really looking forward to part 2.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Apprentice reaches what is traditionally its scariest phase tonight: the interviews. Eek! :fie:

What an absolutely hopeless final pair we have.  Someone selling botox and someone whose only attribute appears to be posho braying confidence mixed with bitchiness.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The other night, I caught the last half of part 1 of the drama about Kerry Packer. The guy who plays Packer is terrific! Really looking forward to part 2.

Part 1 is repeated at 10:30 tonight on BBC4. Well worth watching/recording.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

They obviously vet the candidates business plans?  How do they get this far before deciding the plans are hopeless?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

They obviously vet the candidates business plans?  How do they get this far before deciding the plans are hopeless?

They have to have some red meat to throw to Claude Littner during the interview episode! :)

They have to have some red meat to throw to Claude Littner during the interview episode! :)

It's like they don't watch the programme before hand...

It's like they don't watch the programme before hand...

From what little I've seen, I doubt any of them are bright enough to figure out how to turn a TV set on...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

chesney wants to stick with Sinead(how she's putting up with him I don't know) and forget the ghastly katie

also the Carl saga is dragging on. Needs sorting and with a big denouement.

I'm balled off with her in the wheelchair as well: she wants pushing in the canal..the canal not having featured in a plot for a while.

Watched the Rod Stewart Imagine what an asshole and the number of kids didn't match up with the number of parents and joanna lumley wasn't mentioned, not that I can stand her...her career seems to be a series of free holidays in which she gazes into the middle distance at dusk and says 'breathtaking'

Starlings isnt bad-some good acting talent going one there.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I'm about to settle down and watch the Imagine Don McCullin programme on the Iplayer.  Really looking forward to this.  Saw his exhibition at the IWMN a few years ago and had my breath taken away.

I'm about to settle down and watch the Imagine Don McCullin programme on the Iplayer.  Really looking forward to this.  Saw his exhibition at the IWMN a few years ago and had my breath taken away.

I've got it skyplussed, havent had chance to watch it yet

Keeping it local

Wolford does your tv only work at 6:30? You seem obsessed by Look North! ;)

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Wolford does your tv only work at 6:30? You seem obsessed by Look North! ;)

he does right

it's allan partridge writ large

Keeping it local

Had to take a pause halfway through.  Very powerful stuff indeed.

Loins girded for part two tonight.

liking THE RETURNED very twin peaky strange thing is because it is subtitled you have to really concentrate to keep up, something i don't normally do, usually on here at the same time. :biggrin:

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)