The TV Thread

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

Well, the final episode of the current series of Doctor Who was an absolute humdinger!

I loved it. ?

it was utter tripe, the dr  seems to have turned in to peggy from hi de hi, short gasp here, haa! short gasp there hu! short gasp again, small head shake without a single change of facial expression lovely white teeth though although am sure on the next seies the bbc will sort that out and she will have some black, brown and yellow ones.

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

it was utter tripe, the dr  seems to have turned in to peggy from hi de hi, short gasp here, haa! short gasp there hu! short gasp again, small head shake without a single change of facial expression lovely white teeth though although am sure on the next seies the bbc will sort that out and she will have some black, brown and yellow ones.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. You'd be happier.

12 minutes ago, John Drake said:

If you don't like it, don't watch it. You'd be happier.

It was on that's all, I don't get any say in what bilge the family put on - I normally have my headphones on listening to mixabilly.com avoiding such cbbc garbage 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

It was on that's all, I don't get any say in what bilge the family put on - I normally have my headphones on listening to mixabilly.com avoiding such cbbc garbage 

If the family put it on, maybe they wanted to watch it.

Why be such a misery?

Each to their own.

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

If the family put it on, maybe they wanted to watch it.

Why be such a misery?

Each to their own.

I totally agree with you john, some people like it so that's fine just think its a shadow of the tenant years and just a pc lecture nowadays myself

File under "Oh God, I hope this isn't embarrassing" - Amazon are bringing back 'The Kids in the Hall'.
https://deadline.com/2020/03/amazon-prim...ley-1202875478/

Please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good, please be any good. And so on.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Unfortunately this series of Inside No.9 has come to an end.

Fortunately it was possibly the strongest series yet!

• Haha 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

My SKY box is cabbaged and I can’t get a replacement for over 2 weeks. It’s not that big a deal as I can watch BBC and ITV live via my TV but it’s a bit limiting. For example, I can’t watch any other channels showing repeats (again)

Is there any apps (for your TV) that allow you to watch other channels live? I can’t find one

Channel 4's All4 and Channel 5's My5 apps add those channel groups. UKTVPlay adds some other channels, both free and subscription.

Some TVs don't allow any apps other than the ones in their own personal store, but I would expect the main Freeview channel apps to be included at the very least. The alternative is getting a Fire TV, Chromecast or Roku to plug into the TV, which adds more flexibility.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

My SKY box is cabbaged and I can’t get a replacement for over 2 weeks. It’s not that big a deal as I can watch BBC and ITV live via my TV but it’s a bit limiting. For example, I can’t watch any other channels showing repeats (again)

Is there any apps (for your TV) that allow you to watch other channels live? I can’t find one

If you mention to Sky that you'll go to Virgin or BT if they can't fix faster then they'll probably get you a box the next day!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

31 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It’s only a couple more weeks, I’m not that bothered, just wondering if there was an easy way that I was unaware of. 

The Sky Go app is quite good for if you don't mind sitting watching it on a computer. Also, if you've a fairly modern TV then it may have some sort of video casting on it where you can send device video, you then run Sky Go on a PC/laptop/iPad/etc then cast it to the telly.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Anyone watching "Very Hard Questions" on Channel 4. It's not bad actually but every week Jon Snow introduces the show with ' we have two teams playing in a competition where the eventual champions will win this magnificent trophy'.

Magnificent trophy? It's a small rectangle of perspex tat.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 10/03/2020 at 01:04, Bedford Roughyed said:

Unfortunately this series of Inside No.9 has come to an end.

Fortunately it was possibly the strongest series yet!

it was a typical series, ranging from brilliant ( the magician one) to average, did you spot the hare?

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

it was a typical series, ranging from brilliant ( the magician one) to average, did you spot the hare?

I never spot the hare!

The magician was great, even though I worked it out before the usual last minute.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I never spot the hare!

The magician was great, even though I worked it out before the usual last minute.  

it was behind the murdered magician (an early appearance) as he was getting a drink on the desk behind him in that one

• Like 1

They've found another likeable family for the latest series of "Back in time for..." 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday Kitchen on BBC taken things with Covid19 to extremes, the chefs are not helping each other because of the dangers of cross infection, but if they washed their hands properly, like we do in theatres (operating, not acting), and cook the food through, then there should be no problem.

40 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Saturday Kitchen on BBC taken things with Covid19 to extremes, the chefs are not helping each other because of the dangers of cross infection, but if they washed their hands properly, like we do in theatres (operating, not acting), and cook the food through, then there should be no problem.

They have to set an example of social norms though. That's part of their public service remit.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Man in the High Castle very short review with heavy spoilers of the entire thing start to end.

Slow first series, great 2nd and 3rd. 4th went weird with it all being about black female leader saving the day in the western states, but it built up nicely. Penultimate episode excellent! Final episode, WTF. Just WTF. It makes the Game of Thrones finale look like a modern masterpiece. Beyond abysmal with folk just walking out of a tunnel making no sense and all the redemption story options written off, as well as leaving overwhelmingly huge storylines open.

I feel robbed. That was an atrocious ending.

• Like 1