Football

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Great day yesterday ?

IMG_20180429_114607.jpg

And I will gladly applaud them onto the County Ground pitch this Saturday... 

...and then hope they lose to my useless team! C'mon Town!!! 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Great day yesterday ?

IMG_20180429_114607.jpg

I read they had the third lowest budget in the division this year. 

They have had a good settled side and manager for 3 years now and its good to see a small team successful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

"WHO ARE THEY?"

Sorry Vambo, I just had to!

#childhoodmemories 

I think what you meant to type was "Oo are dey?"

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

lets hope stevie g is a bit more inspirational as a coach at rangers than he is as a tv pundit or the team will all fall asleep during the half time talk

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

lets hope stevie g is a bit more inspirational as a coach at rangers than he is as a tv pundit or the team will all fall asleep during the half time talk

To me he came across as a Liverpool employee, which he was, as opposed to an expert panelist with insightful views. 

Now that Arsenal are at last seeing the back of Mr.Wenger , perhaps now they will sign a few hardmen at the back and a tackler in midfield and stop being such a soft touch .Shaqiri from Stoke would be worth a look as well . he`s got Arsenal player written all over him , and never gets injured .

On 04/05/2018 at 9:21 PM, Niels said:

To me he came across as a Liverpool employee, which he was, as opposed to an expert panelist with insightful views. 

I thought you had to be a former Liverpool employee or fan to get in the media most of the time . Unbelievable how many cheerleaders they have on telly radio and print 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

I thought you had to be a former Liverpool employee or fan to get in the media most of the time . Unbelievable how many cheerleaders they have on telly radio and print 

Absolutely. The bias towards Liverpool manifested itself in the voting for player of the year. 

The football media seem to think winning a quarter final and semi final in Europe is more deserving than winning a 38 game premier league. 

All this talk about gambling addiction and betting responsibly but sky just have to go off before every game and second half for one betting advert so it’s the last thing you see 

It’s that time of year when they review rule changes that have been brought in and mull over new rules for next year . Maybe it’s coming from this background , but I never understand why football doesn’t stop and start the clock like rugby - then it gets to 90 and everyone knows it’s finished . It really isn’t difficult . All this furore about added time , how much etc would be done and dead time taken out at the refs discretion . Fans would know time wasting is pointless rather than getting angry wondering if the ref is on top of it . Learn a lesson with VR ref , stay well clear !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s that time of year when they review rule changes that have been brought in and mull over new rules for next year . Maybe it’s coming from this background , but I never understand why football doesn’t stop and start the clock like rugby - then it gets to 90 and everyone knows it’s finished . It really isn’t difficult . All this furore about added time , how much etc would be done and dead time taken out at the refs discretion . Fans would know time wasting is pointless rather than getting angry wondering if the ref is on top of it . Learn a lesson with VR ref , stay well clear !

plus you could have the countdown seconds on the clock as someone desperately tries to squeeze an equaliser or late winner adding to the late excitement 

On 08/05/2018 at 8:19 PM, Niels said:

Absolutely. The bias towards Liverpool manifested itself in the voting for player of the year. 

The football media seem to think winning a quarter final and semi final in Europe is more deserving than winning a 38 game premier league. 

Salah has just broken the Premier League goals record in his defence.

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Salah has just broken the Premier League goals record in his defence.

is that own goals then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Very good.

Salah was player of the year by any measure.

am sure he will be at inter madrid gladbach within 2 seasons

I thought De Bruyne was more consistent and he did have more assists. Also he played for the champions who won nearly every game.

Salah scored in a lot of games but not in the ones where Liverpool struggled to break down smaller teams. These ultimately resulted in Liverpool finishing third and trophy less again in domestic competition.

Just now, Niels said:

I thought De Bruyne was more consistent and he did have more assists. Also he played for the champions who won nearly every game.

Salah scored in a lot of games but not in the ones where Liverpool struggled to break down smaller teams. These ultimately resulted in Liverpool finishing third and trophy less again in domestic competition.

Salah has broken the Premier League single season goals record in his debut season at Liverpool and taken them to the final of the Champions League.

They’ve also beaten De Bruyne team on 3 out of 4 occasions this season, only losing when down to ten men.

De Bruyne even voted himself for Salah.