Football

8 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I think the current guy comes across badly, he certainly nothing to dissuade any negative ideas.

On a wider issues of football and money filtering down,  I thinks its only 4 premier league clubs that pay all staff the living wage.

At best, Steve Dale has beaten off more than he can chew. At worst ... well, it's not that hard to put something there.

It seems that the club may have been sold but, already, there's the slight worry that the EFL are till having to ask for paperwork. Presumably Bury will start on -12 with whatever penalties will now be applied for defaulting in the League Cup and failing to fulfil their opening fixtures - assuming no further problems?

Let's hope it's sorted, anyway.

And a very good point about the living wage. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

At best, Steve Dale has beaten off more than he can chew. At worst ... well, it's not that hard to put something there.

It seems that the club may have been sold but, already, there's the slight worry that the EFL are till having to ask for paperwork. Presumably Bury will start on -12 with whatever penalties will now be applied for defaulting in the League Cup and failing to fulfil their opening fixtures - assuming no further problems?

Let's hope it's sorted, anyway.

And a very good point about the living wage. 

Quoting myself.

The new deadline is 5pm Tuesday (end of next working day as it's bank holiday on Monday) and then we'll get to see if Alastair Campbell's son can save the day.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 23/08/2019 at 12:25, Bleep1673 said:

A central EFL fund. There are many other clubs out there, struggling to pay backroom & Playing staff, even if Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Watford, Brighton Southampton, Bournemouth,  can support themselves by embezzling funds from elsewhere, usually player pension funds, which is why my Mrs tells them to invest in property while they have the Cash in hand. 

Embezzling? Really? From pension funds? 

I've heard of  not passing on stoppages from wages -tax, NI - to  HM R&C, and ways to asset strip stadiums selling the land for housing or retail. 

Bolton Wanderers facing real prospect of liquidation now according to the Administrators after the rescue package collapsed on Saturday.

Apparently all parties except Chairman Ken Anderson had agreed to a deal on Friday.

Now liquidation on Wednesday a very real possibility unless a new deal or a compromise on the existing deal can be found.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

27 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Bolton Wanderers facing real prospect of liquidation now according to the Administrators after the rescue package collapsed on Saturday.

Apparently all parties except Chairman Ken Anderson had agreed to a deal on Friday.

Now liquidation on Wednesday a very real possibility unless a new deal or a compromise on the existing deal can be found.

Not great, is it?

Just to add with regards to Bury: the EFL are saying they could move the Tuesday deadline but only if there's only small details to sort out, meanwhile the group who are buying the club so their advisor is out of the country until Wednesday.

Terrible for fans . You just never know about owners who come into clubs . And when you’re on your knees you want rescuing but again you know nothing about who’s buying you and their motivation , but the alternative is worse .  Feel for fans of these clubs and the too many like them 

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Terrible for fans . You just never know about owners who come into clubs . And when you’re on your knees you want rescuing but again you know nothing about who’s buying you and their motivation , but the alternative is worse .  Feel for fans of these clubs and the too many like them 

Perhaps if some of the people who are now shouting about Bury had actually attended their games they wouldn t be in such dire straits ! 

I used to live in Bury and hardly anybody I knew went to Gigg Lane. 

12 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

Perhaps if some of the people who are now shouting about Bury had actually attended their games they wouldn t be in such dire straits ! 

Aye , we’ve had this debate when our club was in dire straits and thousands sign petitions but never went !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Seems to me that the EFL’s Fit and Proper person test is not fit for purpose in itself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

First game I ever saw was Bury v Swindon Town. It was 0-0 and there was nobody there.

The current predicament of the club has less to do with the number of supporters and more to do with dodgy dealings and odd 'leadership' of its owner. You can have all the supporters in the world but no club is truly safe from that.

16 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

I think though in this case Bury have landed in trouble not due to stay-away fans, but due to the awful stewardship of the club that is well documented.

9 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Seems to me that the EFL’s Fit and Proper person test is not fit for purpose in itself.

Steve Dale didn't pass it because Bury didn't put it through the proper channels - leaving the EFL to either accept on trust and then chase the relevant paperwork (which is what they've done) or expel Bury there and then.

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Steve Dale didn't pass it because Bury didn't put it through the proper channels - leaving the EFL to either accept on trust and then chase the relevant paperwork (which is what they've done) or expel Bury there and then.

Do you believe the EFL’s fit and proper person test is working in practice.

I read a lot of Bolton fans’ comments that are blaming the EFL almost as much as they are blaming Ken Anderson.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Do you believe the EFL’s fit and proper person test is working in practice.

No, because it never can.

The EFL have a poor system and have implemented it badly. But there's no magic alternative out there. The people who are doing these things to football, and other sport, clubs do so from a position of having played the system, knowing it's innocent until proven guilty and financial 'guilt' is virtually impossible to prove, and they have money, time and the facts ... which the EFL never have.

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

No, because it never can.

The EFL have a poor system and have implemented it badly. But there's no magic alternative out there. The people who are doing these things to football, and other sport, clubs do so from a position of having played the system, knowing it's innocent until proven guilty and financial 'guilt' is virtually impossible to prove, and they have money, time and the facts ... which the EFL never have.

Yes, you make an excellent point there.

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

What betting that Campbell and pal drop their bid to buy Bury  and dive in for Bolton before tomorrow's deadline?

Senior is a Burnley supporter.

Bury? errrr ok, small club

Bolton??????? I thought I'd raised you to make wise decisions. Although the idea of a Claret owning Bolton certainly is intriguing.

Edited by Mister Ting
Campell twaddle

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.