Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Football

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

It’s also wrong!

I’d thought I’d read that they’d closed a few years after founding but they’re still going in the London amateur/old boys leagues.

Welching on your previous post eh?!

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2020 at 07:23, gingerjon said:

Been to Queen of the South a fair few times.

The only football club to be talked about by Jesus*

"The Queen of the South will rise up..." - Luke 11:31

*The one in the Bible, not the one at Man City 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

20 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

One of those days that remind you what it's actually like to be a Swindon Town fan 😒

I had a day which reminded you that sometimes non league football can be ... so bad you end up paying more attention to the kids kicking a bottle round and the rules they’re coming up with in their game.

Hastings won to return to the top of the table. But it was dour for long stretches. I have earned this pint.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 06/03/2020 at 16:13, Robin Evans said:

I'm burdened with going to Firhill now and again..... it's a heavy load I carry.

On 01/03/2020 at 07:23, gingerjon said:

Any Scottish football that doesn't involve the gruesome twosome I tend to be interested in. Been to Queen of the South a fair few times.

Queen of the South are live on BBC Scotland on Friday evening against Ayr. I'm looking forward to watching it.

We watch it on freeview down here on the BBC Scotland channel.

Edited by Niels

Professional Football suspended in England and Scotland.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

In the absence of a match, Southampton and Manchester City’s official Twitter feeds have been playing Noughts and Crosses this afternoon. That's the spirit that got us through the Blitz. :kolobok_biggrin:

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

On 13/03/2020 at 12:45, Futtocks said:

Professional Football suspended in England and Scotland.

Do they play professional football in Scotland ? You learn summat new every day 

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Do they play professional football in Scotland ? You learn summat new every day 

My mistake; that should read professional football suspended in England, and professional fitba' suspended in Scotland.

🎶On this day in 1969,
On League Cup Final Day,
The Arsenal went to Wembley,
They walked the Wembley Way.
They thought they'd win it easy,
They thought they'd won the Cup,
But along come Swindon Town FC,
And fuc...🎶

...oh forgot. No swearing...

...Along come Swindon Town FC,
And become heroes forever. 

Arsenal 1-3 Swindon Town 😀

_20200315_065018.JPG

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

Live Football this weekend. Will anyone be searching for a live stream? 

Belarusian Premier League 
Friday 3rd April 
Belshina vs Gorodeya - 3.00pm
Dinamo Minsk vs Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino - 5.00pm

Saturday 4th April
Shakhtyor vs Neman - 1.30pm
BATE vs Ruh Brest - 3.30pm
Dinamo Brest vs Skavia-Mozyr - 5.30pm

Sunday 5th April
Energetik-BGU vs Minsk - 12.00pm
Vitebsk vs Smolevichi-STI - 2.00pm
Isloch vs Slutsk - 4.00pm

Really looking forward to the Smolevichi-STI vs Slutsk fixture later in the season...

...seriously, STIs and Sluts are bound to be a "good" match-up. 😉

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I got 8/10. Definitely knew 5 and totally guessed the rest.

I got 7/10. That Baseball Ground question was a stinker.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

7 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Live Football this weekend. Will anyone be searching for a live stream? 

Belarusian Premier League 
Friday 3rd April 
Belshina vs Gorodeya - 3.00pm
Dinamo Minsk vs Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino - 5.00pm

Saturday 4th April
Shakhtyor vs Neman - 1.30pm
BATE vs Ruh Brest - 3.30pm
Dinamo Brest vs Skavia-Mozyr - 5.30pm

Sunday 5th April
Energetik-BGU vs Minsk - 12.00pm
Vitebsk vs Smolevichi-STI - 2.00pm
Isloch vs Slutsk - 4.00pm

Really looking forward to the Smolevichi-STI vs Slutsk fixture later in the season...

...seriously, STIs and Sluts are bound to be a "good" match-up. 😉

I taught a Belarussian language student who loved BATE, her father was part of the board.

Dynamo Brest are the current champions I think.

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

Interesting story doing the rounds concerning Premier League Clubs and their players living in a "Moral Vacuum" concerning their wages .It comes from Julian Knight who apparently is the chair of the Digital for Culture, Media and Sport committee , saying that players should be the first to sacrifice their wages in the current crisis . I`ve been thinking about this myself , as quite a lot of them as we know are on stupid money each week , surely they can`t just sit there for maybe 6 months taking the money for basically doing nowt , while businesses go to the wall and some families live hand to mouth , The NHS for one wouldn`t mind a little help with sourcing equipment etc. , surely a bit of common sense should prevail . 

24 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

. I`ve been thinking about this myself , as quite a lot of them as we know are on stupid money each week , surely they can`t just sit there for maybe 6 months taking the money for basically doing nowt , while businesses go to the wall and some families live hand to mouth , The NHS for one wouldn`t mind a little help with sourcing equipment etc. , surely a bit of common sense should prevail . 

That's down to the players themselves, some of them have been donating, some of them have been bunkering.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

17 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Interesting story doing the rounds concerning Premier League Clubs and their players living in a "Moral Vacuum" concerning their wages .It comes from Julian Knight who apparently is the chair of the Digital for Culture, Media and Sport committee , saying that players should be the first to sacrifice their wages in the current crisis . I`ve been thinking about this myself , as quite a lot of them as we know are on stupid money each week , surely they can`t just sit there for maybe 6 months taking the money for basically doing nowt , while businesses go to the wall and some families live hand to mouth , The NHS for one wouldn`t mind a little help with sourcing equipment etc. , surely a bit of common sense should prevail . 

I'm sure there are  examples of footballers (and "normal" people with money) being generous with their money at these times.

Personally I hope we don't hear about any of them because that means it's being done for the right reasons and not for self-seeking publicity. 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

Tottenham Hotspurs South Korean Son Hueng-min has been voted player of the year, but cant collect his trophy, because he's in S Korea doing some Natonal Service.

Source: Arirang TV 

24 minutes ago, Jeff Stein said:

Interesting to see whether a human rights abusing murderer will pass the Premier League's fit and proper person test 

Course they will!

2 hours ago, Jeff Stein said:

Interesting to see whether a human rights abusing murderer will pass the Premier League's fit and proper person test 

Hasn't there been one in charge of FIFA - allegedly?

On 15/04/2020 at 00:04, Jeff Stein said:

It will depend on who are the owners and directors surely? 🤔  Rule F. 1.6 of the Premier League Rules would seem to exclude people who are bad hats, regardless of the absence of criminal convictions, here or abroad.

On 12/04/2020 at 23:26, Bleep1673 said:

Tottenham Hotspurs South Korean Son Hueng-min has been voted player of the year, but cant collect his trophy, because he's in S Korea doing some Natonal Service.

Source: Arirang TV 

Only this morning was this reported on BBC.