Wish list

Terry Mac

I know let's sign all last years team which did struggle at times plus bring in unproven players at this level and think everything will be rosy yes 2 Aussies but as the saying goes not everything that speaks with an Aussie accent is green and gold

Ok then pal what would your tactics have been on a limited budget if you know better than PV?

Most fans agree that the best way forward for a team like Town on a modest budget is to keep a locally based core and add some quality additions to it. Nobody expects this team to win the league but compared to where we have been in the recent years at this point I'd say most fans ( including townie123) are pretty happy with things. We had a top for defence last season so the players can't be that bad, with a bit of attacking flair I think we'll go ok this season.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PV being entrenched and in charge through the preseason is a huge tick on the plus column

I wonder if he ever did get his break that he said he wanted?????

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

If the Aussie forward is the one that's been rumoured for a couple of weeks then I'll be very happy because he looks top quality and is a regular line breaker with a very good try scoring ratio too. And he's a very good goalkicker as an added bonus !

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

This is great news, puts pressure on forber to get in the team for his half back play rather than for goalkicking. By the sounds of it he is really fit so he's stepping up to the challenge. On the post of big yin ....what an idiot, so obviously a jam eater. No true town fan could really expect more than what this coach and board are doing for us. Don't forget to report to haven copshop at 7.....

Yep, and 14 tries in 18 games from 2nd row is a hell of a return playing one level down from the NRL.

thats a very good ratio. With him Brett and stack there would be some pile of tries coming from 2nd row.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

On Radio Cumbria Paul Newton asked PV about the newly signed 2nd rower. To which PV replied well he's good enough to play in this division - that'll do for me

Also Fifita is a goalkicker

Cheers Scott . I've had a listen , and I'm pleased to hear him saying he's eyeing up another outside back to give us even more potency and depth . Manfredi would be a perfect loan , or Tierney who could play anywhere in the backs . I still can't help worry for Eliott , but we all hope that's misplaced

It was definitely a brilliant decision by the BOD to bring in PV as coach and it was nice to see he had the belief to stick with the squad we had last season without bringing in some panic signings. He is without a doubt the best coach we've had since the days of Peter Walsh.

Admittedly what let us down last season was our attack, but defensively we were a match for most opponents.

We've built a squad based on some of the best Cumbrian players topped up with some quality signings that will add strength in depth to the squad as well as having access to some of Wigans talent. We just might shock a few people this season.

Can't wait for the new season to start!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

It was definitely a brilliant decision by the BOD to bring in PV as coach and it was nice to see he had the belief to stick with the squad we had last season without bringing in some panic signings. He is without a doubt the best coach we've had since the days of Peter Walsh.

Admittedly what let us down last season was our attack, but defensively we were a match for most opponents.

We've built a squad based on some of the best Cumbrian players topped up with some quality signings that will add strength in depth to the squad as well as having access to some of Wigans talent. We just might shock a few people this season.

Can't wait for the new season to start!!!

Totally agree. I think our home form will be important and I expect us to win most of our games. If we can also pick up half a dozen away wins we will be fine.

Archived