Wish list

Terry Mac

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know any Greek rugby players?!

Off the top of my head:-

Giorgin Syti, Panagiotis Lambousis, Ioannis Loustous Vallasas, Nikolaos Kannellopoulos, Alvaro Zota, Nikolaos Bosmos, Jordan Meads, Stefanos Bastas, Liam Sue-Tin Kentrotis, Michael Korkidas, Sebastian Sell, Neofytos Christou, Ioannis Roussoglou. Subs: Emmanouil Katalaktakis, Ioannis Nake, Panteleimon Arfaras, Panagiotis Karefilis

I think.

First person I would think of would be Nic Kouparitsis who was a bulldog regular then rooster . John Skandalis and our friend Demetriou as well . And I think Hercules may have had a trial at Bramley , but chose a career in discus and travel.

Off the top of my head:-

Giorgin Syti, Panagiotis Lambousis, Ioannis Loustous Vallasas, Nikolaos Kannellopoulos, Alvaro Zota, Nikolaos Bosmos, Jordan Meads, Stefanos Bastas, Liam Sue-Tin Kentrotis, Michael Korkidas, Sebastian Sell, Neofytos Christou, Ioannis Roussoglou. Subs: Emmanouil Katalaktakis, Ioannis Nake, Panteleimon Arfaras, Panagiotis Karefilis

I think.

Clever ###### :laugh:

Does anyone know any Greek rugby players?!

Why do you want to know that Terry?     The lad Meads (stand-off) at Gateshead scored 6 tries in one match for Greece recently.

Wasn't there a lad at Leeds not so long ago called Vasilikopoulous  or something similar?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Why do you want to know that Terry?     The lad Meads (stand-off) at Gateshead scored 6 tries in one match for Greece recently.

Wasn't there a lad at Leeds not so long ago called Vasilikopoulous  or something similar?

A lad called Blake Lazarus a relation of the great Aussie international Glenn, he's represented Greece before.

A halfback of quality, would do well in our league.

Our friend Gil Dudson has signed for Widnes , so although that won't worry us to directly after the last experience , it's one less prop in Wigans stocks . Ryan Sutton also getting a good write up in the RLE as one to watch . Saying coming here could be his next step

Our friend Gil Dudson has signed for Widnes , so although that won't worry us to directly after the last experience , it's one less prop in Wigans stocks . Ryan Sutton also getting a good write up in the RLE as one to watch . Saying coming here could be his next step

the good news we can't get stuck with the big useless lump. Never seen any of the dual reg players over the last couple of years give less effort than dudson did for us.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

A lad called Blake Lazarus a relation of the great Aussie international Glenn, he's represented Greece before.

A halfback of quality, would do well in our league.

Well you certainly got a bite on the Haven forum with that one Terry, haha. One poster even says that PV tweeted him early in December when the lad was supposedly over here looking for a club!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Well you certainly got a bite on the Haven forum with that one Terry, haha. One poster even says that PV tweeted him early in December when the lad was supposedly over here looking for a club!!!!

Well let's hope they don't research Mounties RL club in Oz Keith, cos I here they've great players as well.......!

You tube clips make any player look good , they are usually promotional out takes of their very best plays and runs and tackles over 1 or even several past seasons 

He certainly has all the skills, reverse kicks, flat passes, dummies,  - some of out ex scrum halves never done that many good things in  a lifetime!

Archived