What Exactly Do You Collect?

Quick off the mark DP!

I was going to start this subsection with a meet & greet type thread where we can all introduce ourselves, but this'll do.

In true AA style, my name's Mark Las Palmas, and Im a programme collector. I collect:

1. Anything and everything for Featherstone Rovers. Just a few gaps back to 1955 about when things start to get very pricey.

2. Challenge Cup finals, Championship & Premiership final and a bit of Great Britain.

My name's Farmduck and I'm a recovering waterfowl. Back when I was a lot more OCD, I used to collect Hippeastrums. I've probably got 20 other variations but I keep forgetting I have a camera.

post-43517-0-09101400-1426767568_thumb.jpgpost-43517-0-05003200-1426767661_thumb.jpgpost-43517-0-29183700-1426767921_thumb.jpgpost-43517-0-25961400-1426768042_thumb.jpgpost-43517-0-68040000-1426768137_thumb.jpgpost-43517-0-68177800-1426768271_thumb.jpg

My name's Ian, and I collect statistics for rugbyleagueratings.com, and because of that, I've got a copy of every available yearbook back to 1973 (assuming I've not missed anything). I've never come across anything published covering 1978-79 (an blank between Jack Winstanley's efforts and the Rothman's era).

I do keep my eyes open for earlier publications, but there really doesn't seem to be much at all apart from the data collated by the RL Record Keepers, which I've not yet got my hands on :)

Might start on the BARLA handbooks next...

www.rugbyleagueratings.com - more accurate than you might think. @rlratings

My name is Steve and I used to collect Widnes match programmes but I have sold most of my collection now.

I have, however, scanned every page of every Widnes home match programme 1945-1993 and those scans currently live in a PDF archive that is 1.8gb in size. In the fullness of time the archive will be made available to the public, in conjunction with Widnes Vikings.

I say every home programme but it includes maybe half a dozen for postponed games where a new programme was issued for the rearranged fixture. No doubt there are more of these in existence that I don't have so perhaps that's something this forum can achieve - a definitive list of programmes for games that never happened (as opposed to ones that were used, often with an insert, for the rearranged game).

Quick off the mark DP!

I was going to start this subsection with a meet & greet type thread where we can all introduce ourselves, but this'll do.

In true AA style, my name's Mark Las Palmas, and Im a programme collector. I collect:

1. Anything and everything for Featherstone Rovers. Just a few gaps back to 1955 about when things start to get very pricey.

2. Challenge Cup finals, Championship & Premiership final and a bit of Great Britain.

I have a 1989/90 Fev calendar of which I'm sure you've got but if not you are welcome to it. (tis a bit creased)

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

deluded pom ?   I collect enamel badges, mainly from an international perspective. I'm also interested in anything related to North American RL and developing nations. I'm also looking for World Cup or World Series (international variety) programmes. I have a full set of programmes from the 1995, 2000 and 2013 WCs. I have lots of RLE magazines, the glossy kind, from the early issues that I'm willing to let go free of charge to anyone who is willing to collect them?

rldfsignature.jpg

Collect Workington Town progs and bit of other memorabilia

Managed to get my hands on a Town v Marseille prog from 1950 recently after being told I'd never get one

Have 98-99% of the issues of Open Rugby. Think I started with issue 16 or 17 and then have picked one or 2 of the older ones, plus haven't missed one since the first issue I purchased maybe 35 years ago

Also collect stats on appearances and scorers for Town, but have spent little time on this in the past 10 years and there are probably others around with better records than myself, but happy to help out and verify where necessary

Also have a lot of the RLRKC stuff including most of their booklets

One thing that has occurred to me is that various people have either part or fully completed projects (such as Steve Fox above) and also with different formats (eg the Fev stuff mentioned in LE last week - only on DVD) and possibly rules on how they qualify an appearance, etc. How do we pull it all together and on what platform?

One thing that has occurred to me is that various people have either part or fully completed projects (such as Steve Fox above) and also with different formats (eg the Fev stuff mentioned in LE last week - only on DVD) and possibly rules on how they qualify an appearance, etc. How do we pull it all together and on what platform?

Definitely worth a separate thread that Shaun. I was involved in the Fev project, and it takes a lot of time and effort to get it together. Before we started I did ask around to see what format others are using. I got a variety of answers.

Anything and everything to do with Swinton Lions.

Re programmes I have complete set 1958 to date, and need 60-odd 1945 to 1957 (home & aways).

Also have about 200 pre-war.

Also collect big matches played at Station Road & any representative match where a Swinton player was involved.

Also collect anything else to do with Swinton (photographs, badges you name it!).

We have also compiled complete playing stats from 1877 to date, with less complete info from our formation in 1866 to 1876.

I have quite a lot of "swaps" involving the Lions if anyone wants me to check lists.

Cheers, Steve (director at Swinton Lions)

• 2 weeks later...

As someone noted on another thread, the 'standards' we use may differ

As an example the RLRKC only listed playing subs AFAIK. Whereas a few years later all subs were noted whether playing or not

Where to draw the line?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I mainly collect Liverpool City / Liverpool Stanley plus early Huyton (1968/69) and Prescot Panthers (1996 & 1997).

My dad played for Saints, Liverpool City and Huyton hence the interest.

I have all Liverpool City 1959 -1968 plus a fair few 1951-1959 plus another 100+ Liverpool Stanley pre and post war.

Looking to fill a few gaps if anyone has any 1940s / 50s spares for sale / exchange?

full wants list also available.

cheers

Dave

ps recently started looking at Challenge Cup Finals and now and have 1934-1939 and 1946-1955 so far.

I collect any programme concerning Oldham , pride of collection 1925 Cup Final at Headingley. . . . always on look out for pre 1956 home and away as well as 60 odd between 1951 to 1993 inclusive ( both home and away. ) . . The one that got away ??? Pontypridd v Oldham 1926/27 was on E-Bay 5 years or so ago and I was skint . . .  it went for only £220 i think :tongue: . . .

I also have every Wembley Final 1929 onwards as well as every TV Trophy Final, Lancs and Yorks Finals post war   . I stopped collecting currect programmes in 1993 as the modern programmes got just too big to store any more, not to mention the ###### they they started filling them with and the exorbitant prices . . .

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

If you can excuse a Rugby Union interloper?

I collect Wakefield Rugby Union memorabilia and cross into League due to former Wakefield RFC players turning pro and picking up programmes etc featuring those players.

I also research the defunct Victorian era rugby clubs of the West Riding.

If you can excuse a Rugby Union interloper?

I collect Wakefield Rugby Union memorabilia and cross into League due to former Wakefield RFC players turning pro and picking up programmes etc featuring those players.

I also research the defunct Victorian era rugby clubs of the West Riding.

Of course you are very welcome Richard. Credit to you for your work on Burglar Bill.

• 2 months later...

Good Afternoon,

I'm Louise, you may know me as Cityredgirl on Twitter. I've wrote a few articles for various rugby league publications. I'm a passionate and lifelong Salford RLFC supporter.

I collect Salford memorabilia, I have programmes for every season , 59-present ( quite a few seasons missing mainly mid 00's )

I'm completely entrenched in our heritage so collect as much as possible alongside every Open Rugby/RLWorld/ Forty-20. I'm trying to collect every League Express/ Leaguer/Total Rugby League.

I would estimate that I have nearly 100 rugby league gazettes/journals and around 50-80 RL Books.

I'm basically keen to purchase or give a home to any Salford or general RL related items.

Good Afternoon,

I'm Louise, you may know me as Cityredgirl on Twitter. I've wrote a few articles for various rugby league publications. I'm a passionate and lifelong Salford RLFC supporter.

I collect Salford memorabilia, I have programmes for every season , 59-present ( quite a few seasons missing mainly mid 00's )

I'm completely entrenched in our heritage so collect as much as possible alongside every Open Rugby/RLWorld/ Forty-20. I'm trying to collect every League Express/ Leaguer/Total Rugby League.

I would estimate that I have nearly 100 rugby league gazettes/journals and around 50-80 RL Books.

I'm basically keen to purchase or give a home to any Salford or general RL related items.

Welcome Louise. You also have a facebook page for former players, do you not? there's always something interesting on there.

Archived