Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 20 Workington 20

andyram

Hoping the performance will be a improvement from the Dons game,but a win is a win.Still feels like we are playing in 2nd gear,might be we have had a few games in a short space of time.
Rams 30 - 20 Workington,attendance 820.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not expect an improvement in the performance this week; we've had plenty of time and I don't believe we can now use the foil of three games in nine or ten games as an excuse.

We need the halfbacks to click before we can expect better things and I've not seen this happen yet. Prove me wrong this weekend and make me happy.

Even so I expect us to win.

Dewsbury 20-12 Workington.

FTS: Brown.

MoM: Conroy.

Att: 845..

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Def win for us depsite the moaning I do.

Cant really agree on comments on half backs though.

Seymour just arrived and already given us the option to break left or right. Thacks is still creating enough (as evidenced by the fact he creates or scores many of our tries) but is now being well watched by opposing teams who have worked out our moves.

They probably need a bit more time together before we see tham at their best, but what they really need before we see them at their best is a bit more time to operate.  They will only get this when our forwards can start to dominate play and / or when we improve our speed at the play the ball.  We arent great in either of these areas.

As said earlier we will see things improve when Grady comes back.  We seem to forget how good he is and how long he's been missing...

I will be interested in the gate this week.  V dissappointing Sunday even with Donny bringing a few but it was the end of the school hols.  If we cant 800 this week will be sad.

I've got a few contacts in Workington (one of the players) and was speaking to some of the fans at the bash.

Workington have won 4 league games this season, and defo 2 possibly 3 of them have been against Whitehaven - my source says the only game they get up for is their derby against Haven.

I'm expecting a strong Rams team, and think Morrison will have give the side a blasting after the Doncaster game.

Rams 38 - Workington 10.

Attend - just short of 900 if the weather is good.

First try-scorer - Morton

MOM - Thacks 

I wish we had your problems ! Gee whizz we are still on working out the enormous issues of passing , kicking , something called a ' move ' , and trying to complete a set without dropping it . You'll see that the mood at present isn't sweetness n light ...

I wish we had your problems ! Gee whizz we are still on working out the enormous issues of passing , kicking , something called a ' move ' , and trying to complete a set without dropping it . You'll see that the mood at present isn't sweetness n light ...

If you are trying to lull us into a false sense of security DavidM it isn't working - well not much. P.S. I really liked your inclusion of "Gee Whizz", very underused exclamation these days along with "Golly" and "Cripes".

I just hope that Town aren't as generous as when we played you at our place and gifted you at least 3 tries from our own stupid mistakes.   We led that game 12 - nil, I think it was, then committed "harri kari" with mistake after mistake.   That was a mid-week game in a run of 7 games in 27 days for us (4 of them away to the Bulls twice, London and Leigh) and struggling with injuries.   Hopefully, we will give you a better game this week and the best team wins.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I'd punish last weeks squad by making them turn out for Batley against London...... please

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

If you are trying to lull us into a false sense of security DavidM it isn't working - well not much. P.S. I really liked your inclusion of "Gee Whizz", very underused exclamation these days along with "Golly" and "Cripes".

That's one of my old favourites , just comes naturally to mind for some reason !

I'll stay away from the others or I'll be right out of PG Wodehouse or something and may get funny looks

We have Doran , Connor Farrell , Rhodri Lloyd and Tierney from Wigan , and former BARLA international fullback Sam Forrester and Graeme Mattinson back from injury . Karl Olstrum back after work commitments . Two overseas players out injured . You put in a handy performance in the midweek game , but we were dumb and sloppy that night , and those are features we to often carry on our travels .

Got a bad feeling over this and i tipped us to beat Leigh which we deserved to.If we try to play fast open rugby against this lot and were not on top metal ,which will be on a flip of a coin we will come unstuck.Big side need to grind this one out methinks.

Think this will be a tough game. Wookie will have been heartened by our poor performance against Doncaster.Hope not,but think that this game will be similar to last week.

Score. 24 - 16

FTS. Fieldhouse

MOM. Luke Adamson

ATT. 745

Fax beat Fev last night, so we need to win to get fourth spot back.

It's getting tight in our little group.

As well as hoping for a win today, I also hope to be entertained too, by virtue of the fact that I was bored stupid while watching last week's game.

Featherstone still have a game in hand so we need a win today and a big one at that for two reasons:

1 - to get back into fourth and

2 - to ensure we stay there if Fev win that game in hand

Halifax have a far superior points difference to us, but would be two points behind if we win today. We need a big margin of victory in case Rovers win their game in hand convincingly, pushing closer to our for and against gap. Halifax could be upon us next week if, as expected, we lose to Bradford.

The game at the Big Fellas Stadium could be crucial for all three teams.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Featherstone still have a game in hand so we need a win today and a big one at that for two reasons:

1 - to get back into fourth and

2 - to ensure we stay there if Fev win that game in hand

Halifax have a far superior points difference to us, but would be two points behind if we win today. We need a big margin of victory in case Rovers win their game in hand convincingly, pushing closer to our for and against gap. Halifax could be upon us next week if, as expected, we lose to Bradford.

The game at the Big Fellas Stadium could be crucial for all three teams.

Do we want fourth? Seem to think the general consensus a few weeks ago was not. 5th 6th for me and a chance to get to play off final. We won't make it anyway but happy to Leave the top four for for the big monsters, this year at least.

Do we want fourth? Seem to think the general consensus a few weeks ago was not. 5th 6th for me and a chance to get to play off final. We won't make it anyway but happy to Leave the top four for for the big monsters, this year at least.

Don't think we'd get far finishing fourth, but would assume we would have bigger gates and isn't there a greater financilal bonus for finishing in that position?

I will stick with my prediction of sixth.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Never quite understand this way of thinking. Surely as a supporter you would want your team to be successful. That for me means finishing as high as possible and if we, against the odds, finish in top 4 I would hope that we gave it a real good go in the middle 8's. I'm not too blinkered as to think we could finish above those already above us, with the exception of Sheffield but as a wise and brave man once said "better to die on your feet than live on your knees".

Need a big improvement from last week , hopefully a few changes to last week should do it.

Rams 22-Town 12

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Ergh.

So many mistakes and in particular a ridiculous number of knock ons in the tackle.

Needless offloads that resulted in knock ons and penalties out of nothing. A ridiculous tackle off the ball from one player that put us under real pressure after we'd been winning the arm wrestle.

Workington defended very well and their line speed was very good. But after Rhodri Lloyd knocked on over the line they didn't get anywhere near to scoring for the final 20 minutes.

This is why I didn't really understand out decision to go for two points. It wasn't enough to seal a win and it offered Workington the chance to chance their arm from the kick off and start a set 40 metres from our line.

I did call this when we won the penalty!

Two of the three tries we conceded in the first half were worryingly soft and unlike against Hunslet our slow start really cost us in the end.

Glenn was extremely blunt in his post match comments and hopefully we'll have some reaction from him on the site this evening.

Play the ball was slow and messy throughout the match.

Once again (for the fifth week in a row) we lost a player to injury in the first half who didn't return.

Beckett, Pryce, Grady, Wood all injured so we played most of the game with two second rowers at centre.

But we had the personnel on the park to win the match and we didn't.

Tom

Excuses in

Just as morrisons squirming on radio leeds

And let the media juggernaut begin

Spinning excrement to the masses

I've been rolling my crystal ball

And come 5.05pm next week

We will be 7th ;)

Excuses in

Just as morrisons squirming on radio leeds

And let the media juggernaut begin

Spinning excrement to the masses

I've been rolling my crystal ball

And come 5.05pm next week

We will be 7th ;)

And that is where we might stay. 4th is a pipe dream the way we are playing now and don't believe we can make 5th or 6th after these last two matches.

Agree with Tom about the two. If we hadn't have gone for the two pointer we would have won but confess I didn't think that at the time.

too much silly rugby again.

Archived