Lineham Signs For Warrington

Done deal. £125k transfer fee. Starts in 2016 season.

http://m.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-FC-winger-Tom-Lineham-signs-Warrington/story-26657943-detail/story.html

Sad to see him leave, but I don't think he's a major loss. There was life after Briscoe and Lineham wasn't in his league. He has all the physical attributes needed for a world class winger, but he has a poor injury record and is often found out of position in defence.

Will be interesting to see who we've lined up to replace him, apparently we have someone waiting in the wings...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for amending the link, got very confused there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I wonder who's days are numbered at Wire then? Whilst I welcome the signing of Lineham and wish him nothing but good luck in his new job, I can't help but think that money would be better spent sorting out other positions, particularly if Myler heads to the NRL.

I wonder who's days are numbered at Wire then? Whilst I welcome the signing of Lineham and wish him nothing but good luck in his new job, I can't help but think that money would be better spent sorting out other positions, particularly if Myler heads to the NRL.

Joel Monaghan off to Cats to join his brother

Yep, happy with Lineham, but tbh when I think of our weaknesses, wing isn't near the top of that list. I think we need to focus on leaders, and whilst we have Gidley coming in, I think we need more than that.

Hopefully he is only the 2nd signing of around 5.

Yep, happy with Lineham, but tbh when I think of our weaknesses, wing isn't near the top of that list. I think we need to focus on leaders, and whilst we have Gidley coming in, I think we need more than that.

This is bang on. It's only when you see the full list that you can work out how good a piece of business this is. He's a crowd pleaser isn't he? If Cronk puts him into space he'll be deadly.

My thoughts exactly Dave. I think Gidley has been brought in to help bring on the likes of Patton and teach the younger half backs how to boss a game. The true value of what Lee Briers brought to Warringtons game has become more and more evident during recent times.

Who is he?

Not bothered, he's probably rubbish anyway.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Oh, and by the way, where are the two usual suspects?

A thread like this usually attracts them like moths to light.

Sad to see him leave, but I don't think he's a major loss. There was life after Briscoe and Lineham wasn't in his league. He has all the physical attributes needed for a world class winger, but he has a poor injury record and is often found out of position in defence.

Commendable spin job but you just lost one of your best players, no?

How is this not yet another example of downgrading at FC/KR and how does it not reinforce the message that the clubs need to merge in order to keep the best talent in town?

Hi there!

Will the last calibre rugby league player out of Hull please turn off the lights etc.

Good lad!

One down, one to go....

Done deal. £125k transfer fee. Starts in 2016 season.

Confirmed by Wire, £140k fee.

That's why Royal Mail advise you never to put cash in the post.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

He's not in the top 5 IMO. Good player. Would like him to have stayed, but he's not irreplaceable.

How is this not yet another example of downgrading at FC/KR and how does it not reinforce the message that the clubs need to merge in order to keep the best talent in town?

Because there is nothing to suggest that he would have stayed had there only been one merged club in Hull.
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It's a mere speed bump on our journey back to the elite.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Where is he? Am starting to get worried now...

He'll be fine.

Probably pacing up and down in front of his laptop, wanting to post but not wanting to prove us right.

Got to ask why?

Surely Hull could pay him the same amount as wire,unless a brown paper bag is involved

Wire were in the top 2 a couple of seasons ago but since have gone backwards,their recruitment recently Asotasi,Simms and the massively overrated old man Gidley leave alot to be desired.

IMO Hull have a much chance of winning silverware as this current Wire side

Archived