9 Jul: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • Leeds Rhinos

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan's home advantage to be overturned, if last week's performances are a guide.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There have been plenty of epic battles between these 2 and I hope for the same. Unless McIllorum can play 80 minutes we will struggle to overcome the 2 main challenges - Leeds are better and playing better - but I hope we will be competitive as a top 4 place is still achievable at a push.

Who knows with Wigan's topsy turvy form this year. They have no chance if they play like last week, but will they play like that two weeks in a row?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

If Leeds play anything like they did against Saints on Friday they'll get stuffed. I can't see them turning anything around on current form either so Wigan by 14 in a fairly one sided game

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Don't think there's any chance of this being a one sided game, both teams will be well up for it and won't want to lose.

Wigan to win by 4 with home advantage.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Wigan have done well against Leeds when they have been able to get up and in quickly around the fringes. Stopping Leeds getting any kind of back 5 play away and keeping it tight. Leeds natural game commits a lot of errors and Wigan are great at grinding teams down. Leeds can't give wigan the field position they gave saints and we can't be going in at half time with a 60% completion rate. Wigan are built to win those games. If leeds play with such a lack of respect for the ball and don't make it stick, and Wigan can get up and in quickly and aggressively it's a comfortable Wigan win every day of the week.

Saying that, the Wigan of last week looked demoralised at the end. They looked like a team who didn't believe in themselves. If leeds can get an early upper hand. A score or two in front and Wigan's heads go down a little, suddenly an aggressive defence around the fringes looks very fragile as players go or don't, start to doubt themselves and that rush up stops being aggressive defence and starts being suicide with huge gaps left for Leeds backs to stroll through.

It's always an interesting one when leeds meet wigan. Almost a carbon copy of the lead up to magic when wigan fans were Dow hearted and leeds on some good form and we saw form reversed there. Some may argue leeds aren't as good as their results have looked and there probably is some validity to that. But a win and daylight starts to appear between Leeds and 5th. Lose and it looks a bit cramped up there.

If Wires managed to lift their game so exponentially after the dismal performance at KR I am sure Wigan can do the same after their own dismal effort last week. However, if they don't then the fans have the right to start asking questions.

Hopefully it'll be the cracking game that it has the potential to be.

Leeds by 4.

guess who i want to win........................

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

I think Wigan won't lack for spirit. We are resilant and fit. We have though the same set of problems as we have had all year - not enough go forward, too many errors and (probably linked) too many penalties. With. Lockers coming in and out our patterns haven't had time to get settled down. With Williams suffering the after effects of the assault last week we may be all change again.

I am not down hearted as I like the way the team is taking shape and applaud Wane for his use of so many home grown players. We just need time and a more astute coach and we will be a very dangerous side. Maybe not this year but one day soon enough.

guess who i want to win........................

899727.1.high.jpg

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The lack of Zak Hardaker is a big blow for Leeds. They don't have an automatic replacement and I guess Saints can tell us how important it is to have a good, experienced fullback. One that marshals the defence and is very safe under the high ball especially.

Wigan targeted Handley on the wing at the Magic and this time will be able to target the weak points again including the full back. How Leeds cope or fluff the high bombs coming their way will determine how the game finishes.   

Bateman playing at centre, eh?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lovely kick from Williams, falls perfectly for Farrell...nice!

That was Burgess kicking for the Wigan try. 

Entertaining stuff so far.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived