Fans forum

jt

Yeah i think that too....we've concentrated too much on our pack in recent years

The hard work of the pack has been negated by not having anyone who could kick over 50 metres. When we were dominant we had Briggs, and later Finn, relieving pressure from our own 20 to pin them down near their line, and the opposition rarely got a sniff of our line before their set was up.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hard work of the pack has been negated by not having anyone who could kick over 50 metres. When we were dominant we had Briggs, and later Finn, relieving pressure from our own 20 to pin them down near their line, and the opposition rarely got a sniff of our line before their set was up.

If you had a good pack you would never have to kick from your own 20. :tongue:

blue ox, if you say it fast it sounds like ball ox

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Does blue ox actually think fax can win a middle 8 match, or does he just like slagging off my team just cause we are in the bottom 8

If you had a good pack you would never have to kick from your own 20. :tongue:

Better than your pack when at full strength and not suffering from a stomach virus. Your lot would have been anhialated with so many prominent faces missing, but we have a reserves side which provided most of the pack that lost at home to Fax. Moore, Cahalane and Manning wouldn't have got the same change out of Bostock, Wood, Maitua, James and Bussey.

Better than your pack when at full strength and not suffering from a stomach virus. Your lot would have been anhialated with so many prominent faces missing, but we have a reserves side which provided most of the pack that lost at home to Fax. Moore, Cahalane and Manning wouldn't have got the same change out of Bostock, Wood, Maitua, James and Bussey.

Ox isobviously a total kknnoob better just to ignore him

Does blue ox actually think fax can win a middle 8 match, or does he just like slagging off my team just cause we are in the bottom 8

Slagging off your team? Not really am I?

I think the form we are in we are capable of shocking a few teams in the middle 8. We should beat Sheffield as their defence is awful and then I think we will give Leigh and Widnes a game at home.

What is your excuse for the rest of the season. You do not have a defensive record like ours without having a very good pack, Fevs on the other hand...............

As far as i can see, this thread was going fine till our supporters randomly attacked Ox for no apparent reason, didnt mind the debate ox brought

Indeed.... he's a supporter of another club with a different point of view on rugby. C'est la vie.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Is there no way we can get oxy boy off our forum. He is just a pain in the ar######

It would be a boring place on here if only Fev fans were allowed on it, ( this forum belongs to the administrators and not Featherstone Rovers or the moderators)

Im Fev and im proud

I have found that if you over react to any situation then the opposition have won because they want that kind of reaction. Just let it ride and eventually the nuisance disappears if you ignore it. Of course you could always go on the Halifax forum and make a few snide remarks there if you feel strongly about it, but my advise is ignore it. Eventually he will return to Chicago.

I just love reading the debate and Ox is talking from a position of strength, but he does need to concede that Fax made the top 4 because they had he best coach, probably in the division. That doesn't make other clubs' players rubbish. Marshall would probably have made the top 2 with the Fev squad.

I just love reading the debate and Ox is talking from a position of strength, but he does need to concede that Fax made the top 4 because they had he best coach, probably in the division. That doesn't make other clubs' players rubbish. Marshall would probably have made the top 2 with the Fev squad.

I do not think you are far wrong. He has taken Harrison's team which was lousy for the last couple of years and got them playing how they should be. The thing with Harrison was he could always sign good players but imo he just couldnt coach them. It is a shame because he will always be a Halifax legend but his coaching techniques are from the dark ages.

Fev wouldnt have made the top 2 though with Marshall in charge that is probably an over exaggeration, I didnt think there was much between Sheffield, Fev, Fax, and Dewsbury at the start of the season squad wise. I just think that by half way through the season our players saw their hard work paying off and as we did, we would have beaten any team we played in this league, it will be very interesting to see how that form carries over in to the middle 8's.

Whether fax win a match or not, we will reap the financial rewards from the gates, the televised games, the increased interest in the clubs commercial side and sponsorship thanks to Poskitt and the new merchandise on sale. Season tickets will fly off the shelves allowing a great start to next year to "go again" Fax want to resign players for longer like we just have with tyrer.

You will be trying to offload players as soon as possible and Sheffield will have a large turnover as well. I suppose it boils down to what the coach an afford and what they can get out of the players.

Archived