Dr Marwen CEO

What's going on?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Assume Mr Vicars now joining Leigh ?

Marwan (glory and praise be upon Him) speaks! The inference here is that Martin Vickers will take on another role within the club, but I would't be at all surprised if he too toddled down the East Lancs to join the AJ Bell Bin Dippers.

CAUTION: interview contains a reference to Rangi's departure which may lead to involuntary tumescence amongst members of MarwanWatch (glory and praise be upon Him Watch).

...What's not to like?

I'm sure someone will find something.

What's going on?

Marwan (glory and praise be upon Him) is taking over as Salford's CEO, making him officially their umpteenth CEO, but the first one he probably can't get rid of.

Well Martin Vickers is still sending emails regarding the new shirts and the club open day in December. Looks like he is taking a role in the marketing side rather than running the business.

If Salford avoid the headlines for not paying bills etc then I'll be happy with whatever Marwen decides.

It's all going to plan , so far :-

All the information on the club ( Tickets - playing - merchandising ) is coming from the club in an even & timely manner. and not via an ill written gossip column in the local rag .

the club is even responding to fans feedback ( additional 10% discount for existing season pass holders, move to the east stand for the opening games )

signings sound like honest players prepared to put a shift in if required . .

the Head Coach is a local lad

the Associate sponsors are local

the shirt is not awful & the headline sponsor is recognisable  

the owner has ceded any input into rugby matters to the second most successful coach in Aus RL

and is moving to physical business of operating the club.

mine you it's still close season & no ones passes a ball yet so still time smash the china shop  

One thing that has always seemed clear is that he appears to be impatient and frustrated if people dont do their job well. Now he is hands on in charge there are no fall guys or excuses, so this could be a good move for the fans.

It's all going to plan , so far :-

All the information on the club ( Tickets - playing - merchandising ) is coming from the club in an even & timely manner. and not via an ill written gossip column in the local rag .

the club is even responding to fans feedback ( additional 10% discount for existing season pass holders, move to the east stand for the opening games )

signings sound like honest players prepared to put a shift in if required . .

the Head Coach is a local lad

the Associate sponsors are local

the shirt is not awful & the headline sponsor is recognisable

the owner has ceded any input into rugby matters to the second most successful coach in Aus RL

and is moving to physical business of operating the club.

All that's irrelevant, unless Koukash starts throwing more money at it, it'll never be a success, just ask Parky ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the video released of the car crash Tim Smith and Kevin Locke were involved in?  I've just seen it on Twitter.  I remember the vitriol by some on here against Koukash when he ditched Locke but looking at how drunk he and Tim Smith were when they were trying to 'fix' the car as the police arrive on the scene makes me think that Koukash assessed Locke pretty well, and was wise to let him go.

Has anyone seen the video released of the car crash Tim Smith and Kevin Locke were involved in?  I've just seen it on Twitter.  I remember the vitriol by some on here against Koukash when he ditched Locke but looking at how drunk he and Tim Smith were when they were trying to 'fix' the car as the police arrive on the scene makes me think that Koukash assessed Locke pretty well, and was wise to let him go.

Marwan was an "innocent abroad" when he took over Salford. He talked the talk, but had had some carp advice and made a lot of mistakes. Locke was one of them. Smith was another.

Let's see what this season brings.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived