Bower Fold Stalybridge

Dennyroughyed

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been so busy haven't had time to reply to this thread until now.

The fact that you are all so over the moon is an indication of how low our expectations have become. We are like an abused spouse. He deliberately abuses us to make us expect the very worst. Then we act all grateful when we are given the second worst.

It's not in Oldham. It's probably very expensive. It doesn't negate the fact that we have been lied to and ignored for months.

There is more to the failed ground share at BP than is being told in my view. it has been widely rumoured and reported that SC wanted to run the rugby club. Maybe it was all or nothing for SC, and CH wouldn't/couldn't go for the 'all' option.

Gorski was formally contacted just two weeks ago? Unless the 'back-up position' was agreed with Celtic in July, the RFL have questions to answer.

The RFL also have questions to answer regarding their treatment of Rugby Oldham. As does CH.

Having said all that......It's a great little ground. It's not that inaccessible, and Mr Gorski is saying all the right things.

I hope he doesn't live to regret it. If this relationship fails then we are truly screwed, because the truth of CH's statement, with all the bull ###### removed is, 'No other ground in the area that meets the RFL requirements is willing to do business with us.'

And because of that, Mr Gorski has probably been able to name his price. Meaning two things:

1) 25 per cent price increases plus added travel costs and increased merchandise costs, meaning, that despite the club getting MUCH more money from central funds and charging more for sponsorship, it will in total cost around 50-60 per cent more to support the club this year.

2) There may be no money left for the PROMISED redevelopment of Whitebank.

I offer my sincerest best wishes to all the players and fans for the coming season. I hope it's an exciting and successful one and you enjoy playing at a decent stadium.

Look on the "bright" side HOTB we unequivocally "know the score" and with a bit of Nowse can plan for the future, and for one season or more enjoy watching Oldham at a belting facility free from the burden of our desire to help ORLFC to some type of a future....Which is plainly not an option.

Leave him to it mate...life`s too short....

hope to see you there mind!

The fact that you are all so over the moon is an indication of how low our expectations have become. We are like an abused spouse. He deliberately abuses us to make us expect the very worst. Then we act all grateful when we are given the second worst.

It's not in Oldham. It's probably very expensive. It doesn't negate the fact that we have been lied to and ignored for months.

There is more to the failed ground share at BP than is being told in my view. it has been widely rumoured and reported that SC wanted to run the rugby club. Maybe it was all or nothing for SC, and CH wouldn't/couldn't go for the 'all' option.

Gorski was formally contacted just two weeks ago? Unless the 'back-up position' was agreed with Celtic in July, the RFL have questions to answer.

The RFL also have questions to answer regarding their treatment of Rugby Oldham. As does CH.

Having said all that......It's a great little ground. It's not that inaccessible, and Mr Gorski is saying all the right things.

I hope he doesn't live to regret it. If this relationship fails then we are truly screwed, because the truth of CH's statement, with all the bull ###### removed is, 'No other ground in the area that meets the RFL requirements is willing to do business with us.'

And because of that, Mr Gorski has probably been able to name his price. Meaning two things:

1) 25 per cent price increases plus added travel costs and increased merchandise costs, meaning, that despite the club getting MUCH more money from central funds and charging more for sponsorship, it will in total cost around 50-60 per cent more to support the club this year.

I offer my sincerest best wishes to all the players and fans for the coming season. I hope it's an exciting and successful one and you enjoy playing at a decent stadium.

Is it written as someone not going to attend HOTTB?  becasue it reads like a supporter of another team posting, lots of "you".

And because of that, Mr Gorski has probably been able to name his price. Meaning

two things:

Sometimes you just have to get on with the things life deals you. In this case it's not perfect, but it could have been worse. LSV springs to mind.

Apart from Boundary Park where else in the Oldham borough could "Roughyeds" play?

I don't think Oldham supporters are being overly joyful at the news of playing at Bower Fold. They're just taking the positives for the time being. Which in the coming season will be atmospheric games in a tidy little stadium, which they'll be attending.

They know, like you do there are still serious underlying problems with OldhamRLFC that will still need sorting out. Not least Whitebank. Because I can't see "Roughyeds" supporters wanting to go back there in its present state after tasting life in the

Championship in a cracking little stadium for Rugby League.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

I doubt there will be any redevelopment down Limeside.

The script will likely be as follows.

Support the team and hope they can stay up.

If they can,hope CH does not fall out with Mr G or some strange

controversy pops up sending us cap in hand to another ground.

If they don't  stay up,watch CH get back to the beloved Limeside and start over with all the empty promises.

The only real hope is that someone or something eventually takes Oldham over.

This episode has proven to me that a club controlled by CH is out of control.Case closed.

Anyone who now doubts this ,best of luck.

Like i said on the main forum..

If we can sort transport out to bower fold id gladly not play in oldham again..

Im done with the council & latics

Would you like to see "Roughyeds" cut a long term deal with Stalybridge Celtic? Say a ten year leese. I could see the benefits in this. Because what alternative is there? They'll never go to BP in the next ten years, Whitebank is a dump and would be a retrograde step. Maybe building-up the club in Tameside for the next decade would be the best option for "Roughyeds"

If they did have a settled home for the next decade. Fans get use to the match day process. And there could be potential for gaining more local supporters from that

area. Tameside council might even show some interest?...who knows.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

The clubs only hope (In its present regime) is to survive in the Championship... period!

An empty unused unguarded Whitebank...well...we know whats coming there....sadly! (and Inevitably it would seem...just what do the Police bother with these days?) 

Would you like to see "Roughyeds" cut a long term deal with Stalybridge Celtic? Say a ten year leese. I could see the benefits in this. Because what alternative is there? They'll never go to BP in the next ten years, Whitebank is a dump and would be a retrograde step. Maybe building-up the club in Tameside for the next decade would be the best option for "Roughyeds"

If they did have a settled home for the next decade. Fans get use to the match day process. And there could be potential for gaining more local supporters from that

They way I feel about Oldham,its council,the latics,it would not bother me if I never had to set foot in the place again.I would settle for such a deal.CH will of course balls it up mind.

It's just struck me that this forum isn't the ideal place to discuss the trials, tribulations and future of our club.  I'm never one who wants to wash the dirty washing in public and I often reel in my thoughts before I post stuff in here.  

We could easily set up a separate forum elsewhere, make it invite only or adopt a verification process and then vent in private there.  Any conversations would be hidden from prying eyes and could remain confidential.  This forum could then be used for what it's probably intended, talking about RL.

I accept that some criticism should be publicly aired, but to have somewhere discreet could be beneficial. I could set it all up very quickly if enough thought it a good idea.

Edit: Removed link

Is it written as someone not going to attend HOTTB?  becasue it reads like a supporter of another team posting, lots of "you".

Hi Singe,

There are only too 'yous' in there. One of them is aimed in general at 'those who seem delighted'. Though I do understand the relief that fans feel.

There is also a lot of 'we' and 'us' in there. I am an Oldhamer, I am a Rugby League fan. I have been a supporter of this club and this team. I sincerely want the club to succeed, on and off the pitch. I do, and will continue to, take a keen interest in the club.

I acknowledge that Bower Fold is a very reasonable compromise, given the situation.

But you're right. I won't be regularly attending matches.

The events of recent months have left me, from both a professional and personal point of view, feeling completely alienated from the club and angry about the way the club is run. I have genuine and serious concerns regarding ethics, values, financial security, forward planning, transparency and communications.

Also, following my attempts last season, along with several others, to support a new dialogue between the club and its fans - and to encourage the club to look at new communications practices and at potential new business models - certain supporters made me feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit when I have attended matches.

So, the club no longer reflects my values in a way that I feel I can actively support.

It's just struck me that this forum isn't the ideal place to discuss the trials, tribulations and future of our club.  I'm never one who wants to wash the dirty washing in public and I often reel in my thoughts before I post stuff in here.  

We could easily set up a separate forum elsewhere, make it invite only or adopt a verification process and then vent in private there.  Any conversations would be hidden from prying eyes and could remain confidential.  This forum could then be used for what it's probably intended, talking about RL.

I accept that some criticism should be publicly aired, but to have somewhere discreet could be beneficial.  I could set it all up very quickly if enough thought it a good idea.

Incidentally, I was playing around with some chat software the other week and set something up as a test.  Typing this out made me remember about it.  Come and say hello if you like:

http://roughyeds-chat.rocket.chat/

No need for another site. Oldham fans have always aired their views in a fair and democratic way. Its up to the moderator to delete what is an offensive remark. Honest criticism is fine and should not be hidden away. One always has the option to reply to it.

Hi Singe,

There are only too 'yous' in there. One of them is aimed in general at 'those who seem delighted'. Though I do understand the relief that fans feel.

There is also a lot of 'we' and 'us' in there. I am an Oldhamer, I am a Rugby League fan. I have been a supporter of this club and this team. I sincerely want the club to succeed, on and off the pitch. I do, and will continue to, take a keen interest in the club.

I acknowledge that Bower Fold is a very reasonable compromise, given the situation.

But you're right. I won't be regularly attending matches.

The events of recent months have left me, from both a professional and personal point of view, feeling completely alienated from the club and angry about the way the club is run. I have genuine and serious concerns regarding ethics, values, financial security, forward planning, transparency and communications.

Also, following my attempts last season, along with several others, to support a new dialogue between the club and its fans - and to encourage the club to look at new communications practices and at potential new business models - certain supporters made me feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit when I have attended matches.

So, the club no longer reflects my values in a way that I feel I can actively support.

The club is fine its the management that is the problem.

Me and Roughyedz have had a few crossed words over the years on here but I agree how difficult it must be to get to Stalybridge. I'm really excited and as a car owner (which will be full) it doesn't make a huge difference to me but i especially feel for our older fans, is there anything we can do to help? Some of these folk have been faithful supporters through thick and thin. I'm excited about the season in front of us but it would be sad if some of our most faithful supporters are unable to attend. The ground looks great and will be far better than Latics as a base but logistically it isn't helpful for some. 

Crossed word ???? I dont remember even havin a crossed word with anyone on here . . . EVER :tongue: . . . some people may not like my opinion but I only ever speak the truth , from my point of view that is . . .

http://www.traveline.info/

From optimist point of view ;) if you look on there its between 35 and 50 mins on a Sunday on the buses, all depending on when you depart froim home, add 30 to 45 mins to get from home to Oldham Town centre. You can always get a 343 that goes direct from Oldham to Hyde and passes ther ground ( I think ) but its a small bus , havin said that it may still be big enough although it takes a good hour and the 30 to 45 mins to Oldham first still applies

Final thought and i throw this in ........hows about changing the name of the club to Stalybridge ........ were they not one of the founder members of ther Rugby Football League ???

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

I accept that some criticism should be publicly aired, but to have somewhere discreet could be beneficial.  I could set it all up very quickly if enough thought it a good idea.

Incidentally, I was playing around with some chat software the other week and set something up as a test.  Typing this out made me remember about it.  Come and say hello if you like:

http://roughyeds-chat.rocket.chat/

Dave, though you may not agree with everything that is said....it is certainly talking about RL.

Your plan sounds like censorship to me.

Ban anything but positive discussion on this forum, or ostracise those who are negative, then set up another forum that's invite only?

And, who would get to select who is invited or validated on the other forum? You? CH? Donald Trump?

Like I said, blindly follow CH and his cheerleaders and bully boys, or you are about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

But from now on, if reality offends, I won't post.

Peace out.

Yes id stay at bower fold...we could even offer up the mythical "salford stands",if we actually have them, to staylbridge in return for a long term lease..

I remember during the super league era alot was made of the oldham/tameside "catchment area" and that we,the bears,never capitalized on it...that catchment area represents the best part of half a million people....ALL TOO OURSELVES,theres no RL,of note in eastern greater manchester...its all in the west

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Dave, though you may not agree with everything that is said....it is certainly talking about RL.

Your plan sounds like censorship to me.

Ban anything but positive discussion on this forum, or ostracise those who are negative, then set up another forum that's invite only?

And, who would get to select who is invited or validated on the other forum? You? CH? Donald Trump?

Like I said, blindly follow CH and his cheerleaders and bully boys, or you are about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

But from now on, if reality offends, I won't post.

Peace out.

No, you've got the wrong end of the stick.  There's no easy way of putting this but I meant that a separate place to discuss solutions to better Oldham RL may best be kept away from the the eyes of the current administration.  

Also, I probably do agree with most everything you say.  

I don't agree with how the club is run,I don't appreciate the lack of communication from the club on matters that do involve all of us as fans.But what I do love is watching my team playing my number 1 sport with my son(who adores Oldham Rugby).I do try to shield him from the politics as much as I can.I do agree with Tubey on a good few things but I am a"Roughyed " and I love my team.Let's not get too upity about it,its only a game.Its not life or death.

Yes id stay at bower fold...we could even offer up the mythical "salford stands",if we actually have them, to staylbridge in return for a long term lease..

I remember during the super league era alot was made of the oldham/tameside "catchment area" and that we,the bears,never capitalized on it...that catchment area represents the best part of half a million people....ALL TOO OURSELVES,theres no RL,of note in eastern greater manchester...its all in the west

I really hope "Roughyeds" can leave a Rugby League legacy in the Tameside area. Regardless of how long they play there. And I hope they stay here for a good few years, unless miraculously a new compact 5000 capacity ground appears somewhere in Oldham for them to play.

As a Rugby League supporter who intends to follow "Roughyeds" next season at Bower Fold I'm really looking forward to my days out in "Stalyvegas"

​​ 

​                       

​                        

409 to ashton. Train to staylibridge. Not really sure why that is an issue. Stop moaning and get to the game.

Not sure on train service on a Sunday. (Regular / reliable?)

However, 236/237 buses run (I think) from Ashton about every 20 mins and take about 20 mins to drop you right outside the ground.

348's run every half hour on a Sunday (Ashton to Carrbrook), but you can get off at bottom of Mottram Road - 15 mins or so to walk up to the ground.

Archived