Bower Fold Stalybridge

Dennyroughyed

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to also comment on HOTTB's comments above.

As one who walked away from the club years ago, I can fully understand how he feels, it's an incredibly difficult thing to do and we all have our reasons.

I'd just like to make the point though that you at least still have a club to support Tubey. When I took my lengthy sabbatical, I wouldn't have given the Roughyeds another three years of survival, let alone nearly twenty. What the club has achieved is to be commended and bloody remarkable. According to a lot of you on here Chris Hamilton is incompetent, and yet the club still limps along on it's (more threadbare by the season) shoestring budget. (BTW - Rob Gorski is a decent bloke and won't be ripping the club off).

Count your blessings lad, you may not agree with decisions from the top, you've obviously been through thick and thin with the club, but at least the club (which you obviously LOVE), is STILL THERE.

It may not run the way you like it, but it's still YOURS and it's turning out to be pure Hollywood - just remind me, HOW MANY missed promotions was it? (Spielberg would have a field day). I walked away when the club was going DOWN in a flat spin, with nothing positive whatsoever on the horizon, you have no such excuse.

Besides, the club still needs your turnstile money (more than ever). If we ever manage to make ourselves known to each other in the bar at Bower Fold at some point in the future then I'll gladly stand you a pint or two.

I'll look forward to the day...

I've got to also comment on HOTTB's comments above.

As one who walked away from the club years ago, I can fully understand how he feels, it's an incredibly difficult thing to do and we all have our reasons.

I'd just like to make the point though that you at least still have a club to support Tubey. When I took my lengthy sabbatical, I wouldn't have given the Roughyeds another three years of survival, let alone nearly twenty. What the club has achieved is to be commended and bloody remarkable. According to a lot of you on here Chris Hamilton is incompetent, and yet the club still limps along on it's (more threadbare by the season) shoestring budget. (BTW - Rob Gorski is a decent bloke and won't be ripping the club off).

Count your blessings lad, you may not agree with decisions from the top, you've obviously been through thick and thin with the club, but at least the club (which you obviously LOVE), is STILL THERE.

It may not run the way you like it, but it's still YOURS and it's turning out to be pure Hollywood - just remind me, HOW MANY missed promotions was it? (Spielberg would have a field day). I walked away when the club was going DOWN in a flat spin, with nothing positive whatsoever on the horizon, you have no such excuse.

Besides, the club still needs your turnstile money (more than ever). If we ever manage to make ourselves known to each other in the bar at Bower Fold at some point in the future then I'll gladly stand you a pint or two.

I'll look forward to the day...

BRYAN....i think I LOVE you!! :girlinlove:  :girlinlove:

I wanted to like the comment but ive used all my likes for today...but i think :girlinlove:  is more appropriate for your wonderfully positive comment!

HOTTB can of course speak for himself, but like many other absolutely dedicated long term through thick and thin lifelong fans he wanted to HELP and has not just been strung along but rebuffed without explanation...maybe because limping along on a shoestring could be avoided with clarity teamwork and communication...(Which is where I happen to believe the future lies for ORLFC!) 

Yes Bryan. Tubey ,myself,cliff,spud and sheep went and saw CH a few times .Its all documented on here.Also involved were Rugby Oldham and ORSA

Help was offered and the help was about putting in place the things the club has been lacking .Things that other clubs have that we don't.

We were promised it was all going to happen.Most of it still hasn't despite it being more vital than ever.

There was enough knowledge in those meetings to solve marketing ,website and communication problems.There is even more on this forum,Dave Naylor springs to mind.

I am glad we are playing at SB and glad we can now buy replica kit from the web as well as the burger van.This at least is something, but me ,Tubey and the others know how better it could be.This is what the club and players deserve.

I remember at our first I asked ch directly if we got promotion would we play in the ol postcode. He said yes. Last time I looked Stalybridge was not an ol postcode.

Nice ground but me and my family won't be attending next year.

I've had enough of the lies and being taken for a fool

I'll watch from a far.

It pains me but the only Oldham Rugby Club playing in Oldham is the Union club at manor park

A sad time

Sorry to hear that Clifford. I know exactly where your coming from.Although we still have plenty of scope for you to enjoy your rugby league-Saddleworth rangers,St Anne's,Water head,Fitton Hill and Hathershaw Bulldogs,Higginshaw etc.All Oldham clubs and all better than union.Bower Fold is pretty easy for me to get to but I do empathise with people who may have difficulties getting there.By the way Clifford me and my son have attended quite a few rangers game and they are great so support your local rugby league clubs, I'm sure you will love it.

Whilst Googling for stuff about Bower Fold I stumbled across this video.  It's a guy in his truck with a camera pointing out of the windscreen.  It plays at 4X speed as he travels from Rochdale to Stalybridge through Oldham.

Fast forward to 6:50 where he's sat at the lights at King St roundabout and watch until 11.30 when he passes the ground.  It's a journey many of us will be making soon enough :)

You are entitled to do what you feel Clifford,shame you wont be coming to Stalyvegas. As for an OL postcode i get the fact that you were told we would be in that area, but Latics have pulled our pants down,there was nowhere else to go in Oldham? Would you have been happy at Spotland then as that has an OL postcode or any of the Ashton grounds which have an OL code? Serious question,not a dig. I do totally understand frustration with the "club" in many ways but wherever 17 lads in red and white play under the name of Oldham RLFC thats what matters to me, i wouldnt take my support away from those players,they cant help the current situation with Chris etc. It genuinely is sad you feel that way and im sure there are more like you who feel let down by the club, but if we dont go and support the team and name of ORLFC we have no chance of survival,if the club at present went bang there are no guarantees we would be allowed back into the league system under a different guise in the future. Its not CH i support but the lads who are proud to wear our shirt. It bugs the life out of me too the dire state of the running of the club, we cant change it unfortunately,you guys tried and were blown out,unacceptable i agree,after all we all want a successful and happy club. Hopefully you might get to the odd game, i hope so.

I remember at our first I asked ch directly if we got promotion would we play in the ol postcode. He said yes. Last time I looked Stalybridge was not an ol postcode.

Nice ground but me and my family won't be attending next year.

I've had enough of the lies and being taken for a fool

I'll watch from a far.

It pains me but the only Oldham Rugby Club playing in Oldham is the Union club at manor park

A sad time

Under no stretch of anyones imagination can Yawnion be called RUGBY

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

The question of The ol postcode was to cover grounds in Rochdale and Tameside. But for me its one step to far.

I agree its the players who you watch and support but by paying admission you facilitate ch because factored into the price is his cut.

Just had a quick gander on Londons forum on RLfans. This was a comment on "The Oldham Game" i quote "With Ealing, Sheffield and Oldham the game is hardly moving in the right direction with regards to the quality of grounds" haha made me giggle,good job the guy didnt see Whitebank then lol :)

Just had a quick gander on Londons forum on RLfans. This was a comment on "The Oldham Game" i quote "With Ealing, Sheffield and Oldham the game is hardly moving in the right direction with regards to the quality of grounds" haha made me giggle,good job the guy didnt see Whitebank then lol :)

I forgot about that place, it looks so naff I think I just passed it by.  I wondered where all the Leigh fans were :)

• 2 weeks later...

Definately not you pal lol, according to reports from some football games there, reference has been made to a pronounced slope on the pitch. Happy days! Just like the Penny Rush corner at Sheddings and of course Whitebank. Love pinning opponents in the corner, here's hoping we feel at home there. Looking forward to it now. Bring on pre season! Up the Yeds!

• 2 weeks later...

If 500plus from Oldham area and say a couple hundred from surrounding districts i.e. Staylybridge,Glossop,Ashton ect . Plus away supporters from the bigger supported clubs in the championship.Gates would double.I am sure this would create a better [sorry cant spell atmosfear] than B.P 

Well I will certainly be getting to a few games. I feel for the Oldham fans who can't get over and completely understand their wish to be within the town however for me then it is fantastic. (Semi-)Pro rugby played within direct-public-transport distance is great, even if newbies take it as an opportunity to see the likes of Bradford, Leigh, Fax and London playing. (That is not meant to be disrespectful to Oldham, just that they may not have the quality of some of the more established sides in that division, I will of course be shouting for Oldham).

Archived