Roy Powell Trophy: Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs

Blind side johnny

Too true, but there's no point in us blaming a one eyed ref - we were crrrap.  :tongue: The only saving grace was that your backs were nearly as bad as ours - oh and there was an excellent crowd made up almost exclusively of the dogs away support obviously. Nothing much positive for us to take out of it at all.  :(

Well, as long as you enjoyed the day out!

Who was the Dewsbury player that made a break about half the length of the pitch in the first half?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as long as you enjoyed the day out!

Who was the Dewsbury player that made a break about half the length of the pitch in the first half?

A youngster with plenty of promise, goes by the name of Cain and looks very abel.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Our forwards cheated?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Anyone know why paul sykes I think was pinged in second half at a crucial stage of the game??? Seemed a 50-50 flare up to me.

Sykes was penalised because he took exception to something Brambani did in the tackle. I didn't see what it was (and neither did the ref), but Paul was not happy about it.

Tom

Sykes was penalised because he took exception to something Brambani did in the tackle. I didn't see what it was (and neither did the ref), but Paul was not happy about it.

Whatever it was, Sykes was stupid to react, as you had hardly any possession in our half at that point, and he gave it upon that occasion!

We were nothing short of terrible in the second half, however plenty of new and inexperienced players, a new halfback pairing etc it's hardly surprising. Trout played well for me. Line speed seemed to be an issue for me, plenty of time for Glenn to work with the players not too worried yet.

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

We were nothing short of terrible in the second half, however plenty of new and inexperienced players, a new halfback pairing etc it's hardly surprising. Trout played well for me. Line speed seemed to be an issue for me, plenty of time for Glenn to work with the players not too worried yet.

Line speed?

Just like last year, and the one before. Our defence around the ptb is poor.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We had zero creativity at the line. Defence was ok, but you're clutching at straws if you think it was a strong.

And in the second half when Farrell conceded that penalty, what exactly was he doing? if that was a league game we'd of all gone mad.

Crookes will take positives from the game and Kain should probably start over Speakman. As for Batley, a lot of talk of how Brambani will be the difference for them this season, I beg to differ. Pat Walker will be your best player by a country mile. We've missed a trick there.

Think Batley will be stronger this year and we will be weaker. Both should be too strong to get relegated. Thought Groat looked good as did Trout, our kicking game was poor, but it was a pre-season friendly and the result will have about as much bearing on the season as last year i.e none.

Makes me laugh, we play our first friendly lose 12-4 & everybody writes us off,don't you think that Aaron Brown, Scott Hale,Rob Spicer, Karl Pryce, Anthony Tonks won't make a difference? I thought Zach Johnson, Matt Groat & Andy Kain showed alot of promise. I think Glenn Morrison will go with Ben Reynolds & Andy Kain in the halves.

I don't read too much into this game but it does mean alot to beat the old enemy. What I don't quite get is why dewsbury don't take it so seriously. If I were a rams fan I would'nt bother turning up all it does is upset you because the team is swapped and changed so much. Dewsbury has the benefit of a second team and why morro doesn't play a team against a similar level championship side I don't get? This important money raiser is starting to become a non event esp at £15

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I don't read too much into this game but it does mean alot to beat the old enemy. What I don't quite get is why dewsbury don't take it so seriously. If I were a rams fan I would'nt bother turning up all it does is upset you because the team is swapped and changed so much. Dewsbury has the benefit of a second team and why morro doesn't play a team against a similar level championship side I don't get? This important money raiser is starting to become a non event esp at £15

Couldn't agree more.

Makes me laugh, we play our first friendly lose 12-4 & everybody writes us off,don't you think that Aaron Brown, Scott Hale,Rob Spicer, Karl Pryce, Anthony Tonks won't make a difference? .

No. Quite simply because what yesterday demonstrated was that our style of play will remain exactly as I expected and will so until we get a new coach

Kain is another ben black but hes crocked thats why hunslet took him on and how many games did he play at south leeds

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

That is very true mate,the amount of supporters that said yesterday that they are not going to bother going again boxing day till we start taking it more seriously, me being one of those supporter's. But we've always been the same no matter who the coach is.

Archived