How fast is your interwebz?

160Mbps is stunning. I can't think of anything short of running an entire country that even needs 160Mbps.

I'm astonished myself to be honest.

4965185625.png

I am getting in excess of 90 Mbps on my iPhone.

It's not often you get more than you pay for!

At present, 19mb download, 9mb upload with Sky fibre. Does vary slightly around the house however, as my main PC (that I'm using now) doesn't sit that near the router.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

160Mbps is stunning. I can't think of anything short of running an entire country that even needs 160Mbps.

If you think that's fast you ought to see KC's 250mbps service in operation.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If you think that's fast you ought to see KC's 250mbps service in operation.

What would you do to even demonstrate that? Download the entire Godfather Box Set in under a minute?

I'm with EE, and the speed fluctuates a lot at different times and on different days. On the plus side (and hoping this isn't a jinx), it rarely if ever loses all connection.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

30Mbps should be heaps for streaming music. If your music plays slow it is more likely to be a problem of resource allocation on your own computer.

I'm with EE, and the speed fluctuates a lot at different times and on different days. On the plus side (and hoping this isn't a jinx), it rarely if ever loses all connection.

What's your results on here:  http://www.speedtest.net/

30Mbps should be heaps for streaming music. If your music plays slow it is more likely to be a problem of resource allocation on your own computer.

37.46mbps download / 9.45mbps upload

Not sure if it is my wireless signal dropping, my Sonos system (Play 1 speakers and a Sonos bridge) playing up or something going on with Spotify.

Is any telco planning to upgrade your street? Do they offer an option for you to pay for the connection to your house?

At least in Australia we have a plan. By 2021, 98% of households will have optic fibre in their street and the Govt will supply satellite dishes for people in remote areas. One of my sisters lives in a "town" of 108 people and the Govt supplied them with dishes years ago.

A few years back 4Mbps was okay but as sites included more images and video and video resolution improved, 4 is probably now the new minimum.

4mb upload .76mb download. Never realised it was so slow , I need to speak to my ISP.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Whoops yes it is.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

I tried changing the wireless band and this seems to have resolved the issue. We get a lot of weak signals from neighbouring houses so I guess this was interfering with our signal and causing our devices to keep dropping the connection.

I'm astonished myself to be honest.

4965185625.png

I am getting in excess of 90 Mbps on my iPhone.

It's not often you get more than you pay for!

We recently switched to Virgin from BT and it's been amazing. Not only is it lightning fast but it doesn't drop out any more like it did regularly with BT.

Can't recommend them highly enough.  This is on a laptop at the back of the house, two very thick walls and 10 metres away from the router:

4982614590.png

5.75 Down

0.83 Up

You would think California would be good.

Must be terrible for you out there.  :ph34r:  :angel:

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5.75 Down

0.83 Up

You would think California would be good.

I'm not surprised. I've checked a few major cities and was surprised that a lot LA is well below OZ standards. In most surveys the USA isn't in the top 10.

I am on Virgin Media's VIVID 150 Optical Fibre service, which as it suggest is supposed to be up to 150 Mbps. In actual fact I'm regularly getting 154 to 160 Mbps. I've tried multiple online speed tests and they all give me the same results. I'm a happy bunny!

me to ;)

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Archived