20-21 Feb: The iPro Sport Cup Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's iPro Sport Cup games here.

SATURDAY 20th FEBRUARY

London Skolars v South Wales Scorpions KO 4pm

Newcastle Thunder v Leigh Miners Rangers KO 6.30pm  

Wath Brow Hornets v Keighley Cougars KO 2.30pm

SUNDAY 21st FEBRUARY

Barrow Raiders v Rochdale Hornets KO 3.30pm

Coventry Bears v University of Gloucestershire All Golds KO 2pm

Doncaster v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm

Hunslet Hawks v York City Knights KO 3pm

Oxford v Hemel Stags KO 2.30pm

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

North Wales Crusaders have a tough first round game against Doncaster. I think we've only beaten the Dons once and we were on top form that day. Still we have to beat the best to keep our name on the trophy!  Cru, Cru, Crusaders!

Oxford v Hemel is being played at Maidenhead RUFC. When was the last time a 'senior' game of RL was played in Berkshire? Would it have been NZ v Cook Islands in the 2000 World Cup (at the Madejski Stadium)?

I have a vague memory Maidenhead hosted Oxford a couple of years ago.Or Skolars.Or it was all a dream.You going?I've cancelled my Sunday roast on account of ipro cup fever

I have a vague memory Maidenhead hosted Oxford a couple of years ago.Or Skolars.Or it was all a dream.You going?I've cancelled my Sunday roast on account of ipro cup fever

Maidenhead's not to far away but I'm already booked in for a weekend with the faaaaamily.

I'm guessing no iPro Cup fixtures in Essex...yet.

i would love to see wath brow in championship 1 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

I think what I'm remembering was Skolars said they might play there back in their nomadic season at Enfield but never did so err,I'll retract my earlier statement

Yes it was Skolars. Oxford did play a match at Henley last season which (I think) is in Berks - the county I was born and raised in! Reading FC fans voted against having a RL team in the 80s.

Weather aside, am looking forward to the game against South Wales Saturday. First proper test of the season.

Henley on Thames is in Oxfordshire.No wonder they voted against having a RL team.Wasn t Robert Maxwell lurking around then? He was trying to merge Reading FC and Oxford United around that time.Just imagine if he had got his claws into RL.I worked at the Mirror in Manchester at the time and he stole our pension.Luckily we got it back after ten years or so.

Henley on Thames is in Oxfordshire.No wonder they voted against having a RL team.Wasn t Robert Maxwell lurking around then? He was trying to merge Reading FC and Oxford United around that time.Just imagine if he had got his claws into RL.I worked at the Mirror in Manchester at the time and he stole our pension.Luckily we got it back after ten years or so.

Yes he tried to create Thames Valley Royals! A dreadful idea. A dreadful man.

Skolars were surprisingly dominant at a wet and miserable New River. First twenty minutes were very even and, to be honest, littered with mistakes, but from about the half-hour mark Skolars took complete control. Elliot Kear looked like he should be playing at a higher level.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Don't know if my leg is being pulled, but they say it's not a joke.

Miners arrived at Thunder, no changing room available, get ready in the bar, no toilets and no running water

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Don't know if my leg is being pulled, but they say it's not a joke.

Miners arrived at Thunder, no changing room available, get ready in the bar, no toilets and no running water

Very thoughtful of Thunder to do their best to make the Leythers feel at home.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived