20-21 Feb: The iPro Sport Cup Match Thread

Don't know if my leg is being pulled, but they say it's not a joke.

Miners arrived at Thunder, no changing room available, get ready in the bar, no toilets and no running water

Is that right? Presumably that wasnt the case when Widnes played them?

Scorpions annihilated again. You get the feeling they'll be doing well to equal last years tally of one win. 

i think skolars are a lot stronger this year and Scorpions are as well but not as much as Skolars. lets see still a long way to go for everybody

Skolars were surprisingly dominant at a wet and miserable New River. First twenty minutes were very even and, to be honest, littered with mistakes, but from about the half-hour mark Skolars took complete control. Elliot Kear looked like he should be playing at a higher level.

Kear should be playing at a higher level, I can't believe he's now in League 1. At least good enough for top of Championship but I think he could do a job in SL too

Was Kear on DR?

DR shouldn't be used in this cup. I would have thought it was an ideal opportunity yesterday for skolars players to get some game time before the season against a weak South Wales team.

While it benefited us today I agree (and there have been plenty of times we have been on the other end of the DR system). Unfair to the team without DR players, also, as you say, doesn't give the core team time to settle. Kear was excellent but how often will he play for us?

Archived