9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Catalans Dragons

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say that if you beat Cats twice this season then you're a GF contender.

Edited for accuracy

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I try not to whine too much about the ref but wtf were those penalties for?

1st. Grapple tackle on Watts.

2nd. Pellisier hands on the ball when Manu tries to play it.

3rd. Holding on to Manu whilst he's trying to play the ball resulting in the first team warning.

4th. Pryce tackled round head after he intercepted.

5th. Holding on to Watts whilst he's trying to play the ball.

I thought all were justified but also thought Catalans should have had head and feed at the scrum near the end when Talanoa intercepted but the ball came free. The touchie gave that decision but he maybe thought that the Catalans player pinched it in desperation and that's how it came free.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Houghton made 62 tackles in this game and didn't miss any. That's phenomenal against such a physical team.

I thought the Talanoa incident at the end was maybe play on. It was a one on one steal but went backwards from a Catalans pov.

For the two team warnings, I don't see them as clear. These tackles do look clean to me, the holding up is not that pronounced.

Your team did appear to give too many penalties away last night and that's what caused the team warnings. I agree about the not clearing the ruck penalties though, it's down to the ref's discretion and if he's fed up of awarding penalties against a team he may end up losing patience I suppose.

Right at the end did Thaler just straight up ignore his linesman??

I was trying to work out who was doing the talking on the video, was a bit confusing.

Your team did appear to give too many penalties away last night and that's what caused the team warnings. I agree about the not clearing the ruck penalties though, it's down to the ref's discretion and if he's fed up of awarding penalties against a team he may end up losing patience I suppose.

We do have a tendency to get too much penalties, not matter who the ref is. 

To note, Pelissier missed 6 tackles and had 4 errors. 

I was trying to work out who was doing the talking on the video, was a bit confusing.

I know seems like a cock up but I cant comment on the reffing as I wasnt there. Dont like Thaler tho. Thought its a decent result for us with arguably our 2 best missing in carney/taylor and also aiton/inu out. Sounds like a good game. I can see the semi or final at the end of the year being between Hull and Cats, would make a good final.

Also heard rumblings of Hurrell to replace inu. Scary signing if true

FC have been terrific this year and it's great to see. I have some questions for their rightly enthused fans:

- they seem to have a very well balanced side, equipped for all conditions and types of game. Is the recruitment down to Pearson or Radford? Or both - they did great business;

- is Naughton a Hull junior?

- has the city (or that part of it) woken up to the genuine potential in this squad? I know they made the Grand Final 10 years ago but this looks at least as strong to me...

I think Motu Tony is involved quite a lot in recruitment, he's off to Oz shortly I believe.

Curtis Naughton is a Bradford product if I remember correctly who spent a short time playing in Australia.

As OF says, Motu Tony has been credited with most of the recruitment (certainly the overseas signings).

Naughton I believe played one super league game for Bradford in their relegation season and then spent a season playing for Sydney Roosters reserves. It was a good find whoever was responsible for that signing.

I think the exciting thing is that the team has its best days ahead of it. Alright guys like Ellis, Pritchard and Pryce are no spring chickens. But in Shaul, Sneyd and Houghton you have a spine to build a team around. Throw in the likes of Taylor, Watts, Bowden, Naughton etc and it looks like an exciting few years ahead.

I know seems like a cock up but I cant comment on the reffing as I wasnt there. Dont like Thaler tho. Thought its a decent result for us with arguably our 2 best missing in carney/taylor and also aiton/inu out. Sounds like a good game. I can see the semi or final at the end of the year being between Hull and Cats, would make a good final.

Also heard rumblings of Hurrell to replace inu. Scary signing if true

Hope Hurrell stays where he is. Reading about him, it seems he has more problems with himself than anything else.

Motu is in Aus already I think.

Adam Pearson was interviewed a couple of days ago about the various contract renewals at the club and he said Motu Tony was already in Oz looking at recruitment for next year. Pearson spoke very highly about Motu's ability to find people who will not only fit in ability wise but who also had the right qualities as people.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Adam Pearson was interviewed a couple of days ago about the various contract renewals at the club and he said Motu Tony was already in Oz looking at recruitment for next year. Pearson spoke very highly about Motu's ability to find people who will not only fit in ability wise but who also had the right qualities as people.

With the likelihood that we will have a new coach next year, I have high hopes that someone will perform a similar role for us. We should have 6 or 7 quality overseas players in the squad. Maybe we should ask Tony to refer his cast offs to us.

I think Motu's main task this year is to come back with a top class 6. That's the last piece in the jigsaw as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe a centre too, but I'm looking forward to having another look at Tuimavave there when he returns. He looked good until injuries necessitated a move to 6 for him.

Presumably someone would have to leave (Mason?) to make room in the quota, not to mention the cap? Does a player no longer count if they're injured for the season?

Hurrell would run riot in SL.

Exactly, Inu is not on the cap anymore.

So we have Inu's salary + the rest of the cap. 

merci le sécurité sociale! Dan carter cost us a fortune , doubt inu will be on as much!

Dan who?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived