Rant thread

15 hours ago, JohnM said:

tomato's what? 

Given the subject, the grocer's apostrophe is quite suitable.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

When did I become such a cold weather wuss? I used to go out in mid winter with no coat, I was like a Geordie or something. 

But now I'm wrapped up with jumpers and shirts and coats and gloves.

I see young girls walking around in practically bare feet and thin clothing and think "what the hell...?" 

Maybe it's an age thing? 

My God!  Give it a rest..this is the weather here today:

Periods of freezing drizzle or ice pellets at times mixed with light snow. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light early this morning. High zero. Wind chill minus 13 this morning. UV index 1 or low.
Tonight Periods of freezing drizzle changing to flurries this evening. Local snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 near midnight. Low minus 7. Wind chill minus 5 this evening and minus 14 overnight.
Fri, 24 Feb Flurries. Risk of snow squalls in the morning and early in the afternoon. Local blowing snow in the morning and early in the afternoon. Local amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near minus 8. Wind chill near minus 17. UV index 1 or low.
Night Cloudy. Low minus 16.

On 23/02/2023 at 10:28, Kayakman said:

My God!  Give it a rest..this is the weather here today:

Periods of freezing drizzle or ice pellets at times mixed with light snow. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light early this morning. High zero. Wind chill minus 13 this morning. UV index 1 or low.
Tonight Periods of freezing drizzle changing to flurries this evening. Local snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 near midnight. Low minus 7. Wind chill minus 5 this evening and minus 14 overnight.
Fri, 24 Feb Flurries. Risk of snow squalls in the morning and early in the afternoon. Local blowing snow in the morning and early in the afternoon. Local amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near minus 8. Wind chill near minus 17. UV index 1 or low.
Night Cloudy. Low minus 16.

Edited by The Masked Poster
  • Like 1

On 23/02/2023 at 05:33, The Masked Poster said:

A rest? I'm pretty sure that was is my first post on this thread? 

I wasn't trying to start a cold weather competition, in fact if anything I was highlighting what a wimp I've become. 

Carry on 

Don't you see what the freezing temps. do a persona/attitude?...sorry for being a little abrupt, I got a bad cold on top of it all and i have to go out and shovel yet again!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a horrendous day. Its been one of those days you can't actually believe has taken place.

Work this morning. 

Then I always go shopping with an elderly relative. While shopping we got to the tills and the till we'd loaded our shopping onto crashed. While it was rebooting the manager shouted to the shop that there would be a 2 minute silence for Ukraine. In the middle of said silence my elderly relative shouted out causing me to experience more embarrassment than I ever have before. I was stood at the crashed till for about 20 minutes before it rebooted and immediately crashed again. We then had to unload the conveyer belt and go to a different till. 

I finally get home after work and shopping and it turns out my cat had had a massive fight with his bully and rolled in some poo. I thought it was mud and tried to pull it off his fur with my bare hands, this being the point I discover its excrement. So I've had to bathe my cat to get the ###### off him and I haven't finished scrubbing my hands since. 

And just a moment ago the biggest bee ever to buzz on this planet flew into my living room and I've had to corral it out of the patio doors. 

Just wondering what's going to happen next. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Next doors, not content with having blazing rows all day which I can hear through the thin walls, have decided to introduce a small dog that barks all day into the mix to go along with the budgie that whistles all day. I say good on them, a lot of people might seek more quiet in their noisy lives but not them. 

• Like 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 25/02/2023 at 15:26, DI Keith Fowler said:

Next doors, not content with having blazing rows all day which I can hear through the thin walls, have decided to introduce a small dog that barks all day into the mix to go along with the budgie that whistles all day. I say good on them, a lot of people might seek more quiet in their noisy lives but not them. 

Edited by The Masked Poster
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

In our area the only real way to deal with difficult neighbours is to burn them out....works every time.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I sympathise with you. The woman next door to me added a yappy little dog to her household a few months back and it hasn't shut up since. The worst though is when she chucks it in the back yard at midnight to bark its head off for half an hour instead of taking it for a walk earlier in the evening. Of course when she does take it for a walk it just barks at everyone and tries to maul them. I'm contemplating poisoned sausages and sticking them through the letterbox. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Adding poisoning to the list.

If you know a guy called Vlad, you might be able to add nuclear strike to your list. 🤪

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 26/02/2023 at 13:38, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The woman next door to me added a yappy little dog to her household

We have a few dogs around but there’s one that just yaps incessantly , and it is a monotone annoying yap that just goes through your head . It always bemuses me how someone can just let it go on like that 

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

Report it to the Council as a nuisance. I did that (about 35 years ago,) and got the problem sorted.

You clearly have no experience of the East Riding of Yorkshire Council. This is a Council that didn't pay their gas bill for 10 years and claimed they simply didn't realise and a council that take out perfectly good roundabouts and put in red light districts that become accident Black spots and appear on German TV programmes about the world's stupidest roads! 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Virtually impossible to find a Mother’s Day card with mam on . Total discrimination against west Cumbrians and many other northern folk !

Or, on the other hand, maybe West Cumbrians and other Northern folk are less likely to be sucked in by an entirely commercially-driven celebration?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I take my disabled mother shopping in her wheelchair every Monday. We go to the same ASDA every week. We have exactly the same routine every time we go where we buy her tobacco at the tobacco counter and then go to a self-service till because we can take our time and have more room there. Also the wheelchair trolley is too wide to fit through a manned till. 

Today we go in, get our shopping and go to the tobacco counter. A woman asks us what tobacco we want, we say and she tells us to come to one of the tills to put our shopping through and buy the tobacco at the same time. We tell her the trolley does not fit. She tells us to put the shopping on the conveyer belt and go round the tills with the trolley. We are polite so we do this despite knowing it won't be convenient. She puts the shopping through the till at a ridiculous speed and does not give us time to take our time and comfortably pack our bags like we normally do. We are visibly frustrated by this change in the routine. 

The woman then comes off the till and begins patting my mother on the shoulder and talking to her like she is a 5 year old, asking if she has upset my mother. My mother says no and tells the woman to stop patronising her. The woman carries on with the patronising. 

To cut a long story short, we left the shop without having packed our shopping which we did outside in the strong wind while feeling incredibly patronised and very angry. People are so patronising to disabled people. 

• Sad 1