Jump to content

Rant thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Not sure what Bradford is like for roundabouts but Warrington is full of them, you'd think people would have enough practice to know how to use them

I'll have to find a video of a roudabout somewhere in the US that I saw - its amusing/worrying how the various drivers tackled it

I read something recently about a city in America, can't remember where it was now, I seem to think Cleveland or Colombus but might be wrong, where they had a mayor who had spent a lot of time in Europe and loved roundabouts and so built absolutely masses of them in the city over his tenure and as a result its a bit of a anomoly in America. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'll have to find a video of a roundabout somewhere in the US that I saw - its amusing/worrying how the various drivers tackled it

I think I've seen that, or one very like it. It looks pretty clear that none of the drivers had been told what a roundabout was, so they were just making it up as they went along. To be fair, it must be a bit confusing when you first encounter one.

  • Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

I think I've seen that, or one very like it. It looks pretty clear that none of the drivers had been told what a roundabout was, so they were just making it up as they went along. To be fair, it must be a bit confusing when you first encounter one.

Found it:

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

its light till late in the summer every day of the week - why do people decide to bring out their noisy lawnmowers on a peaceful sunday morning ?

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

its light till late in the summer every day of the week - why do people decide to bring out their noisy lawnmowers on a peaceful sunday morning ?

I can't speak for round where you live of course but round here people often do that if someone in the vicinity has been having a noisy party into the early hours of the morning.

A few years back a less than reputable family moved in a couple of doors down. They had a ridiculously noisy party one night, finally shutting up about 3 in the morning so I decided the grass needed cutting at 7am. When I went outside I could already hear 2 other lawnmowers and someone drilling. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2021 at 13:54, Mumby Magic said:

People that collect dog faeces in a bag then leave the bag on the curb. Wtf is that about.

People cat car boots offering 10p for some thing worth a tenner at least.

There was an old bloke with 2 dogs who let one do its business near our house and went to walk  off , when our neighbour pointed to a sign about picking it up and this bloke just said ‘ dog cant read ‘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

23rd September - Morrisons have Christmas nativity calendars  on the shelves, on ITV there has just been an advert for 'Studio' with the backing song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" that shows a mum hurrying home through the snow and neighbour tells me that they are selling Christmas tree baubles on one of the shopping channels, and here's me sitting outside in shorts and t shirt enjoying the sunshine.

Surely it should be no Christmas related 'adverts'  until 1st November,  🎅 bah humbug.

Edited by Exiled Townie

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

23rd September - Morrisons have Christmas nativity calendars  on the shelves, on ITV there has just been an advert for 'Studio' with the backing song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" that shows a mum hurrying home through the snow and neighbour tells me that they are selling Christmas tree baubles on one of the shopping channels, and here's me sitting outside in shorts and t shirt enjoying the sunshine.

Surely it should be no Christmas related 'adverts'  until 1st November,  🎅 bah humbug.

Given the supply problems WHICH HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH BREXIT*, you may want to start stocking (sic) up early on festive goods.

*according to the new Witchfinder, er, Director General of the BBC who is not a party stooge at all, honest.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

23rd September - Morrisons have Christmas nativity calendars  on the shelves, on ITV there has just been an advert for 'Studio' with the backing song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" that shows a mum hurrying home through the snow and neighbour tells me that they are selling Christmas tree baubles on one of the shopping channels, and here's me sitting outside in shorts and t shirt enjoying the sunshine.

Surely it should be no Christmas related 'adverts'  until 1st November,  🎅 bah humbug.

Capitalism in crisis obviously.  - profits missed last year, get the sales in early

or

Brexit in crisis obviously - profits missed as the labour shortages and goods blockage and the red tape explosion, get the sales in early

or 

Covid 19 in crisis obviously - profits missed as the next Wuhan military grade viro bomb on its way with the NHS in Tory crisis, get the sales in early

😯

Edited by idrewthehaggis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

As long as you can still get selection boxes them im ok for presents 

I bought a box of cards in the Christmas shop closing down sale back in January and I'll just go to the bank closer to the time to get a load of tenners and then that's my presents sorted. Nothing beats a tenner in a card!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I bought a box of cards in the Christmas shop closing down sale back in January and I'll just go to the bank closer to the time to get a load of tenners and then that's my presents sorted. Nothing beats a tenner in a card!

I'll pm you my address 😉

  • Like 1

Wibble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Capitalism in crisis obviously.  - profits missed last year, get the sales in early

or

Brexit in crisis obviously - profits missed as the labour shortages and goods blockage and the red tape explosion, get the sales in early

or 

Covid 19 in crisis obviously - profits missed as the next Wuhan military grade viro bomb on its way with the NHS in Tory crisis, get the sales in early

😯

Christmas has been starting in September for many years now, to be technical- yonks. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...