The Greatest Ever RL Shirts

On my point, but with apologies for drifting a wee bit off-post, could one of our French correspondents please say what the language is of the sign held up by a Ferrals' player after they won the French national 1 title at the weekend? "Ferrals de las Corbieras" is clearly not French!  I saw the picture on the L'Independant newspaper website.

Languedoc, perhaps?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my point, but with apologies for drifting a wee bit off-post, could one of our French correspondents please say what the language is of the sign held up by a Ferrals' player after they won the French national 1 title at the weekend? "Ferrals de las Corbieras" is clearly not French!  I saw the picture on the L'Independant newspaper website.

Almost certainly Occitan. I seem to remember a radio station that provides Rugby League commentary in Occitan.

Wow! Talk about niche!

I seem to recall that AS Carcassonne XIII used to have Occitan language pages on their website, but apparently not any more.  And I have read that the language may be understood by about 1.5 million people, so maybe not quite so niche, damp squib!

Hull FC and Leigh fans should check out this week's 'Super League Show'. The flashback segment shows the two clubs in the BBC Floodlit Trophy. Not a classic match, but I think you'll like the shirts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Agree with MILK Canberra.

Balmain

Offiah's Widnes with ICI as sponsor

Manly sponsored by Pepsi - Cliff Lyons perm included

Classic LINPAC Fev.

Dominant 90s Wigan

Warrington's home shirt sponsored by Greenhalls.

Australia shirt pre sponsor. Cotton

GB shirt with British Coal

Tuuta's Western Magpies

Anything cotton, no sponsor, open collar and either a simple V or proper hoops.

Fev Linpac Classic

Fev Copy Consultans-90

GB British Coal-92

Wakey Trin British Coal

Classic Aus pre sponsor

Classic NSW pre sponsor.

Blue - since 1908

SlideJerseys.jpg

Gotta say I've always liked the Jets jersey, It reminds me of a great era in the game when I was a young bloke and Newtown where still in the top flight.

Archived