Sign in to follow this  
Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Hello & Goodbye

I can well understand you being happy that Fev won, why wouldn't you be. But come on holding fans responsible for the chairmans comments?

Exactly. I also know there are plenty of Bulls fans who at the time completely disagreed with the utter drivel Caisley could come out with. Sadly forums et al weren't as big back then. As I said to another Fev fan, if you have an issue with Caisley, get to the back of the queue!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Rugby is a funny game in the present era , leeds and Bradford are great examples .

The highs and lows .

Leeds winning everything to struggling and Bradford missing out on the million pound game last year to what has transpired this year .

Let's give credit to the other clubs who have equipped themselves better this year both on and off the field .

There is a way back John.

Yes ok... im the same. Im of an age where other things in life are important...

But when you've got over the disappointment and got your head round the immediate and medium term future, your club will still be there.

I've had 20 years of it john. Once i had a few years of foot stamping and dummy spiting, i actually got to enjoying my rugby..... i hope you will to.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I remember the events well from 20 years ago and the subsequent despair at the licencing system. I remember (some) notthern fans taking the P and supporting the then bradfords chairman to the hilt. Rather childishly, i have been unable to let those comments pass.... or so i thought.

However, last nights elation superceeds any need to gloat. It felt like sharpy has helped me find closure to an episode which most bradford fans will not remember or werent even around to engage back then. After all these years i always thought id go ape with bradford fans at such an event as yesterday. As it happens i didnt feel the need to. Its kind of a none event now.

I dont want to see bradford go down the gary glitter. In the same way i hope york are reborn and thrive.

Getting relegated.... drop into the lower teir etc happens. thats sport.

You could argue that under licensing Fev would now be in Super League as they were ticking every single box at the time while others were imploding.

As a Fev fan I am thrilled we have made the middle 8s but in terms of promotion to the top flight we are further away than we have ever been in this current system. Let's face it, we have scraped into 4th spot in the Championship. It will net us some nice cash and a couple of nostalgic home games but nothing more. I am more content that the cash will probably keep the club afloat.

Edited by Scubby

You could argue that under licensing Fev would now be in Super League as they were ticking every single box at the time while others were imploding.

As a Fev fan I am thrilled we have made the middle 8s but in terms of promotion to the top flight we are further away than we have ever been in this current system. Let's face it, we have scraped into 4th spot in the Championship. It will net us some nice cash and a couple of nostalgic home games but nothing more. I am more content that the cash will probably keep the club afloat.

aye.... so am i.

Unless we get a del beaumont sort, SL will remain a dream. If feisal nahaboo had the kind of wad he suggested he had, as we all hoped was the case, fev (might) have been in a position to challenge the mpg.

Given the impact of yesterdays game on the clubs finances and the benefits of the big 3 home games, the med term future is assured.

There is a way back John.

Yes ok... im the same. Im of an age where other things in life are important...

But when you've got over the disappointment and got your head round the immediate and medium term future, your club will still be there.

I've had 20 years of it john. Once i had a few years of foot stamping and dummy spiting, i actually got to enjoying my rugby..... i hope you will to.

oh no, I've earned my time as a fan of a small club going nowhere and I'm going to bloody well be as miserable as I can be.

Super Duper League my r's.

See, I've started already. :)

In regards to the OP (stroppy as it sounded)  I only saw one team congratulated by Mr Sadler on twitter around tea time yesterday.............granted Fev aren't as sexy as Batley  :tongue:

Congrats to @BatleyRLFC and to John Kear for making the Qualifiers. Best wishes to all their fans. Another notch on the Kear coaching record

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Hi All

Decided to stop using this forum must be nearly 3 years ago because the mods let some of the usual clowns get away with murder. Well my club today as sunk one of your so called big teams and I couldn't resist posting on this propaganda forum.

Wonder if Mr Sadler can give us some credit tomorrow or will he be dribbling over Toronto's business plan.

Featherstone Roverls RLFC will not go away.

UTR

Don't be so sensitive. It's unbecoming.

Four legs good - two legs bad

oh no, I've earned my time as a fan of a small club going nowhere and I'm going to bloody well be as miserable as I can be.

Super Duper League my r's.

See, I've started already. :)

Surely the answer for Fev fans would be to try and make a fist of the middle 8s, enjoy the games against the SL opposition and if it's a bridge too far this year do a Leigh and keep getting yourself there or thereabouts so you're in with a proper shout of promotion.

The alternatives are first past the post (in which case they'd have missed out) or play offs (better odds perhaps but still a long shot with 3 other teams above them).

Not sure what to do with this thread, tbh.

Can't win either way.

Lock it and I'm a biased Bulls fans stifling free speech.

Leave it open and I'm turning a blind eye to trolling.

I'm on deadline with RL World today so can't give it much thought.

I'm turning it over to the forum to decide.

If you think it should be locked, use the report button to let me know (don't post reasons on here).

If you think it should stay open, they post something constructive and within the T&Cs and there'll be no reason to lock it! ;)

I don't think the OP is breaking any rules.

He seems to be unpleasant, rather than trolling.

Leave it open for the members to judge. I certainly have.

People called Romans they go the house

The win by Fev is just symptomatic of a greater thread - survival of the fittest both on and off the field

RL is a cut throat game and as the finances and other resources are tight so is the business

Bradford poorly coached throughout and now trying to turn it round, without the financial muscle to do so - if I was at Bradford I would sell off the so called stars and put together a championship team to win the championship, then develop it to SL standard and get in there - 3 year deal - so no gloating by a Fev fan will cloud the reality of a poor Bradford team which by all accounts badly underperformed

Fev are a really good championship side, the reality is the rhubarb triangle is stuffed with RL players and clubs and long may it be so but there is only so much room at the top - Fev are not ready for it nor are they likely to be

What they and the likes of Batley are is really very well run semi pro clubs that have the business fundamentals bang on for the level of sport they are at and that does deserve applauding

At another level are the likes of Toronto and Toulouse who have more money, more resources and more clout - it is what it is there is no comparision - except those clubs and others in both SL and elsewhere could learn a great deal from getting the business end right from the start

The mention of Toronto by our Fev poster is stupid - Fev have Fev and hats it, Toronto currently has POTENTIAL and that's called NORTH AMERICA

So no argument there either - the Fev poster seems to not be a troll, just angry, thast OK, Fev deserve better from the RL community for what they have achieved with b^%%er all - and it is a great achievement in a community that's mad for RL - so well done Fev - but please please pick your battles in future Sir, otherwise we all start feeling sorry for you

Well done Fev, well done Batley - great stories and I hope they turn over a top team, which includes Leigh by the way.

What a story that would be Fev or Batley in the million pound game at the expense of Leigh

Will Fev still use all their dual reg options or will they be back at Leeds now!

Why do Fev deserve better than, say, Bradford or South Wales?

they don't.

I've actually chatted to Ian via pm before and he actually struck me as an alright guy. Maybe he'd just had a few too many and was letting off a bit of steam? No real harm done I reckon.

I've actually chatted to Ian via pm before and he actually struck me as an alright guy. Maybe he'd just had a few too many and was letting off a bit of steam? No real harm done I reckon.

I always find it hard to tell whether people are genuinely wound up or just enjoying themselves. The eternal problem with text instead of speech, most tone is lost, especially when punctuation is an early casualty.

This is sport. Its tribal.

Feelings and emotions do tend to get disproprtionately out of sync sometimes.

Chuffed for fev at the mo. Being in Bradford's shoes last year and even lower than that ten years ago, i know how it feels.

I don't think fev are SL ready. But I'm only a gadgy on the terraces.

Just say by some way fev manage to get to the mpg... I'll be shouting my bloody head of for the club to have at least one more pop at the big time.

Thing is.... with Toronto and Toulouse coming in nrxt year.... i reckon the top four next year will look nowt like this year and bradford will be making do with playing fev a few more years yet....

Cos at the mo neither club will have the fiscal clout that toulouse toronto and leigh have

Edited by Robin Evans

Kris seems to think so.

I certainly don't john....

A fair crack.... no more no less than any other club....

I always find it hard to tell whether people are genuinely wound up or just enjoying themselves. The eternal problem with text instead of speech, most tone is lost, especially when punctuation is an early casualty.

He's a fervent Fev fan, an angry fan who will brook no criticism and regards any such thing as an attempt to do the club down. Nor unusual amongst fans of most clubs.

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad