2017 Squad and Signings

allroughyed

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where exactly are we getting the extra cash to fund these signings and pay their wages accordingly? Will we actually balance the books? I don't want to see a case of putting all our eggs in one basket and then encounter serious financial problems several months down the line.

So where exactly are we getting the extra cash to fund these signings and pay their wages accordingly? Will we actually balance the books? I don't want to see a case of putting all our eggs in one basket and then encounter serious financial problems several months down the line.

Don't forget we get a bigger slice now and we got a few bob from the HKR and warrington games.

Not sure I'd like Eorl coming over just to provide a cameo role.  Might be exposure for the club I suppose though.

I reckon Ben Davies might have the nasty prop role.  In a small squad we seem to have a  fair few props now: Davies, Joy, Spencer, Ward, Burke, Neal.  If we sign anyone else I'd like to see some cover in the backs. One or two injuries may leave us scratching around. 

We need a winger who can play full back in case Turner gets injured. I reckon Grimshaw might end up playing all over next year in the halves, Centre and at Loose as a really important utility. Six props is plenty especially as Burke,Spencer and Neal can play huge minutes. 

Would still like another back rower as we dont know if Chappell can play the full 80 like Middlehurst.

Totally agree brooksy, Cover for Turner and another back rower to replace Will Hope/Middlehurst. Briscoe won't be around for quite a while and so we lack cover. That's unless we have dual reg players lined up. There's is the possibility Ste Nield could provide some cover in the backs, if he continues his recovery. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
47 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

We've signed Huddersfield fullback jared simpson on loan ahead of today's deadline

He played OK for us last time he was here although he was returning from injury then.  Looks like he's been on loan with Newcastle Thunder this season and played on the wing in the Giants defeat to Swinton in the cup.

Thinking about it, he played full-back for us against Swinton in the Summer Bash last year.

Maybe we don't play him against Swinton then :)

Wow,that's a fair old amount of new players coming in.I hope they gel together OK. I wonder where the money's coming from?.I suppose it show how determined the club is to stay in this division. Let's see how it pans out starting with today's game against our nearest and dearest.

Very good work by the club this week in getting the extra signings on board. By no means an easy task at this stage of the season, as every club has injuries and is desperate to retain sufficient cover for their own campaigns.  

Wow, that's a full team plus one on the bench. Sing along with me (you know the tune) Hey Big Spender,,,, are Bower Fold going to get the rent this week, do dah do do do do.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived