Retained ... Released .... Recruited... Rumour and opinion!

the old nine ole

Conroy is much too good for C1 but then again maybe Keighley offered better prospects short-term, and possibly more convenient for him. No doubt the recruitment of Lingard as coach will have played a part.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion Conroy didn't play half as good when we signed permanently as to when we had him on loan towards the end of the season before.

ALSO. Lewis Charnock, a scrum half with a handful of SL games and spent the best part of a season at Bradford has just signed for Barrow in League One???!!!! Are we doing something wrong here? Are we in the market for these type of players!!???

In my opinion Conroy didn't play half as good when we signed permanently as to when we had him on loan towards the end of the season before.

ALSO. Lewis Charnock, a scrum half with a handful of SL games and spent the best part of a season at Bradford has just signed for Barrow in League One???!!!! Are we doing something wrong here? Are we in the market for these type of players!!???

Ho many would you have us sign MR?

Did you go to the fans' forum meeting?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Ho many would you have us sign MR?

Did you go to the fans' forum meeting?

Mark and Glen did say at the forum that there were still ongoing negotiations ..... so I think there are still a couple more names to be confirmed. ......   still no news re Hemingway and Trout ( I think both have been offered but not yet accepted) and I think there will be at least one more new signing.     Currently our squad stands at 22 and I expect it to finalise at 24 or 25 .. which is significantly less than last season.

Currently our squad stands at 22 and I expect it to finalise at 24 or 25 .. which is significantly less than last season.

Don't forget the dozen first teamer you'll get from Wakey!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Mark and Glen did say at the forum that there were still ongoing negotiations ..... so I think there are still a couple more names to be confirmed. ......   still no news re Hemingway and Trout ( I think both have been offered but not yet accepted) and I think there will be at least one more new signing.     Currently our squad stands at 22 and I expect it to finalise at 24 or 25 .. which is significantly less than last season.

Can't think why Trout would be offered a contract - he was possibly the biggest disappointment among the forwards last year. Wouldn't miss Hemingway either.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I look at our current situation like this

Right you've been going out with this girl for 3 years,she's spent a few quid of yours and things have been steady away,you know she's been flirting with a few different blokes which you've tolerated but feel a little disrespected, problem is you can't ditch this bird as you've a bank loan with her that will be paid off in a year,she's high maintenance always asking for new stuff,so what do you do??

You string her along chipping at the bank loan your both paying for together.. Well if you sack her off your gonna end up paying for the lot on your own..leaving you skint..and you don't want that.

So what you do is give her a little and proclaim your skint all the time,carefully stashing away a few quid under the bed..to be blown on a new bird once the current one is despatched after the loan is up

Makes ya think don't it ;)

Waiting for 1 Current and 1 New to agree and give us a squad of 24.

So that has to mean 1 from Hemingway and Trout and 1 new ....  rumoured to be Tommy Brearley!

I would have gone for a more   experienced new recruit .....  Someone like Danny Nicklas at York, or benefit from the fall out at the eagles! ..

Incidentally Oldham appear to have recruited well ( on a tight budget) .. and will be very competitive next season!  

Actually on reflection I wouldn't bother with either Trout or Hemmingway ... and go for 2 new!!  ... 1 real big lad ... and  either Danny Nicklas or Cory Aston

Right you've been going out with this girl for 3 years,she's spent a few quid of yours and things have been steady away,you know she's been flirting with a few different blokes which you've tolerated but feel a little disrespected, problem is you can't ditch this bird as you've a bank loan with her that will be paid off in a year,she's high maintenance always asking for new stuff,so what do you do??

You string her along chipping at the bank loan your both paying for together.. Well if you sack her off your gonna end up paying for the lot on your own..leaving you skint..and you don't want that.

So what you do is give her a little and proclaim your skint all the time,carefully stashing away a few quid under the bed..to be blown on a new bird once the current one is despatched after the loan is up

Makes ya think don't it.

You could probably put up with the flirting if she was dead good in bed, was a brilliant housekeeper, and was a competent cook, but what we seem to have been landed with is  Vera Duckworth.   :(

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

You could probably put up with the flirting if she was dead good in bed, was a brilliant housekeeper, and was a competent cook, but what we seem to have been landed with is  Vera Duckworth.   :(

I think the old adage "beggars can't be choosers" and "Yer no oil painting yer'sens"  spring to mind :girlinlove:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Is this the same girl that's seeing a load of Jamaicans on a regular basis?

Makes ya think don't it ;)

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

So that has to mean 1 from Hemingway and Trout and 1 new ....  rumoured to be Tommy Brearley!

I would have gone for a more   experienced new recruit .....  Someone like Danny Nicklas at York, or benefit from the fall out at the eagles! ..

Incidentally Oldham appear to have recruited well ( on a tight budget) .. and will be very competitive next season!  

Believe Fax are in for Brierley as well, so I won't count my chickens. Looking at the squad we are light at halfback and prop - let's hope Wakey have more depth than they had last season.

George Bernard Shaw.

he meant to say his girlfriend flies out to Jamaica every weekend,lovely weather apparently, and the locals take good care of her Maintenance,
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

GOR / ONO

The rumours are incorrect - In my opinion of course.

Such a tease!!!   So when might we know .... At the forum MS said by the end of the week ... was that last week, this week ,next week or just some week??

Until then let the speculation continue!!  

Does anyone know of Jamahl Hunte who plays for Coventry Bears?

A speedy winger by all accounts and a Huddersfield lad with good antecedents to boot.

I want a half back. A good one.

And no. Didn't want to get brainwashed and listen to the violins playing.

Or the sound of people spending brass?

Or the sound of people spending brass?

No its just eager anticipation and speculation, as to who that last 2 pieces in the Jigsaw are ....  there are still 2 to come in, if it were your brass ... who would you want??  ...  I bet it wouldn't be Trout or Hemingway!!  ...  So assuming the budget is set to bring in 2 more who do you think would complement the squad without breaking the bank??

For me, I agree with GOR ... a big rampaging prop and a good half back   

Does anyone know of Jamahl Hunte who plays for Coventry Bears?

A speedy winger by all accounts and a Huddersfield lad with good antecedents to boot.

I used to work with his mother.

Ex wakefield academy product.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Archived