Retained ... Released .... Recruited... Rumour and opinion!

the old nine ole

There are still names to be announced both internally and externally ... who do you think are the internals, Conroy, Trout, Hemingway, ... were studiously not mentioned on Wednesday ..  who gets a contract who gets released?  And who do uou think we are chasing externally ...  I am guessing with Mark Sawyers way of doing things, it probably means their season isn't over!! So possibly current Sheffield or Bradford players .... who do you think if any??

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's more of a geography thing with leatherbarrow coming to us.He'll be living back in Wigan and it's not that far from Oldham.

Living in wigan??

Has he gone back to earn a CRUST or his he FILLING in ;)

He should be in for some PASTY when oldham play batley ;)

Not much mention about the signing of Robbie Ward from Leeds.........Sounds like a positive, along with the signings of Walshaw and Stringer ......Don't know anything about the others, Brad Foster, Hamish Barnes,Aaron Ollett -- Anyone shed any light ???

If I thought we were going to get the services of Liam Finn on a regular basis from Wakefield then I'd be edging towards optimistic for 2017.........Still not convinced by Morrison, but if we can make the DR work to good benefit (a la Feathersone) then maybe next year will be a sight more enjoyable.......

I'd have Leatherbarrow in a heart beat.

Id rather have dean lawford after 10 pints of guiness. Wheelbarrow was/ is garbage. He makes brambani look nrl quality

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Id rather have dean lawford after 10 pints of guiness. Wheelbarrow was/ is garbage. He makes brambani look nrl quality

Disagree strongly!

Both him and Brambani were asked to play the same role in the team, yet the difference in experience and playing style between them is vast. Leatherbarrow was/is a young, inexperienced half back, with a young inexperienced half back alongside him, trying to lead a struggling team around the park. No wonder he struggled. He may not be the greatest player to pull on a Batley shirt, but he did, and never lacked effort when ever l say him play for us. 

Leatherbarrow would have been fine for Dewsbury playing alongside Sykes, but all this is irrelevant as he has signed for Oldham now.

Not much mention about the signing of Robbie Ward from Leeds.........Sounds like a positive, along with the signings of Walshaw and Stringer ......Don't know anything about the others, Brad Foster, Hamish Barnes,Aaron Ollett -- Anyone shed any light ???

If I thought we were going to get the services of Liam Finn on a regular basis from Wakefield then I'd be edging towards optimistic for 2017.........Still not convinced by Morrison, but if we can make the DR work to good benefit (a la Feathersone) then maybe next year will be a sight more enjoyable.......

Barnes was originally signed up FT by Toronto from Keighley but something went wrong with that. He is a Jamaica international so GM was able to snare him before anyone else.

Ollett was in the Hull KR academy alongside Guzdek and also moved to Keighley. He was highly rated so lets' hope that's still the case.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

W

Barnes was originally signed up FT by Toronto from Keighley but something went wrong with that. He is a Jamaica international so GM was able to snare him before anyone else.

Ollett was in the Hull KR academy alongside Guzdek and also moved to Keighley. He was highly rated so lets' hope that's still the caWa

Ward has been at Fev for the latter part of this season. He seemed to go OK IMO when he did play, however he didn't get many opportunities and hasn't played for a good couple of months now. I think we're fairly well covered at hooker for next year, so little surprise he's moved on.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Leatherbarrow was inconsistent for the 'dogs. One week he could be outstanding (at the Shay in 2014 is one example) and the next week anonymous. The same applied with his kicking. I do agree that Brambani is better, though.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Leatherbarrow did the basics reasonably well, but made a lot of silly errors and didn't have an outstanding string to his bow. He'd look ok partnered with a top quality 6, but doesn't have nearly enough to be the 'main man'.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Would like to keep Conroy for sure.  Not sure I ever noticed Trout but that doesnt mean he didnt do the job...

With Hemingway seemingly on his way as well as Farrell we could be short on hookers but two that we have signed can fill the spot, as can Brown at a pinch.

Trout was telling all and sundry that he had signed for Fev for a much bigger contract than we were offering. Let's see.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

With Hemingway seemingly on his way as well as Farrell we could be short on hookers but two that we have signed can fill the spot, as can Brown at a pinch.

Trout was telling all and sundry that he had signed for Fev for a much bigger contract than we were offering. Let's see.

Good.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Looks useful -strong lad.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Looks useful -strong lad.

And his agent's working hard.  ;)

Looks useful, mind.

Would like to keep Conroy for sure.  Not sure I ever noticed Trout but that doesnt mean he didnt do the job...

I believe Nathan Conroy has signed for Keighley Cougars today and our Assistant Coach, Adam Mitchell is joining your coaching staff. On another note, on his day Hamish Barnes was an excellent player for us. Not too sure I can say the same for Aaron Ollett. He came from Hull KR after making 17 super league appearances for them. Big things were expected but to be honest he didn't stand out for me. The change may do him good though.

I believe Nathan Conroy has signed for Keighley Cougars today and our Assistant Coach, Adam Mitchell is joining your coaching staff. On another note, on his day Hamish Barnes was an excellent player for us. Not too sure I can say the same for Aaron Ollett. He came from Hull KR after making 17 super league appearances for them. Big things were expected but to be honest he didn't stand out for me. The change may do him good though.

Well if he has you've done well. Cracking hooker who frequently runs from the play the ball and he'll do a great job in championship 1.

Well if he has you've done well. Cracking hooker who frequently runs from the play the ball and he'll do a great job in championship 1.

Yes disappointed to lose Conroy ..... what does it say about him though ...  IMO he was our best 9 last year and is better than C1 .. he is better than most 9s in the Championship !!  Great signing for Keighley though...  

Probably thought he'd have a season there before the rest of his team mates join him in the same division ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived