Retained ... Released .... Recruited... Rumour and opinion!

the old nine ole

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is interesting that you don't regard regularly fighting off winding up orders as failing, just a sign of a progressive club.

There are many other scenarios than progressing and regressing but some fans are a bit too simplistic to understand that.

like i say its a gamble, which paid off and could secure our future for many years with new developments at the ground. Could understand you been bothered if we had the begging buckets out like some clubs, but theyve been sorted and paid in full within a few week. We could sit back sign all the left over players nobody wants, sit mid table missing out on the funding, while crowds dwindel away and the club dies a slow death, or go for it.

like i say its a gamble, which paid off and could secure our future for many years with new developments at the ground. Could understand you been bothered if we had the begging buckets out like some clubs, but theyve been sorted and paid in full within a few week. We could sit back sign all the left over players nobody wants, sit mid table missing out on the funding, while crowds dwindel away and the club dies a slow death, or go for it.

Ah development, now that also costs money, but I know of some work undertaken by your club and, as yet, is still unpaid - over a year ago too.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Yes, Fev took a suicidal gamble and it paid off. How much debt they will need to pay back is the question. Look at Halifax, made the middle 8s but those pesky directors and former directors who were owed £800k actually wanted some of their money back.

Let's hope Mark Campbell and all your other creditors don't want paying back when they see the money coming in. You might not be quite as well off as you are expecting....and then there's the loans secured against your ground for which you have Faisal to thank.

jesus i didnt know anyone cared about us this much. Dont any of you lose any sleep over fevs money troubles lads. Good night god bless

Don't start sulking old lad. You were the one who posted about the wisdom of Fev's "investment for growth" approach. Just because you can't back it up is no reason to spit out your dummy.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't start sulking old lad. You were the one who posted about the wisdom of Fev's "investment for growth" approach. Just because you can't back it up is no reason to spit out your dummy.

not sulking older boy. Just think your all pretty pathetic. Id worry more about your own team. Wouldnt mind if we were even close rivals, could understand the bitterness then.

Hah hah...

Not close rivals then??  Well we will be seeing you next year once again and once again you wont be able to take us lightly...

You'd think that getting into the Qualifiers was promotion to read some of the stuff flying around...

Fev4evatiggerneva - You also need to consider the fact that Fev have been one of the causes of wage

inflation in the Championship in the last couple of years with the wages offered to part-time players

in chasing your goals / dreams (Whatever they are).

No bitterness from me - I find your current optimism quite amusing!

Fev4evatiggerneva - You also need to consider the fact that Fev have been one of the causes of wage

inflation in the Championship in the last couple of years with the wages offered to part-time players

in chasing your goals / dreams (Whatever they are).

No bitterness from me - I find your current optimism quite amusing!

in fairness i cant see us ever playing in sl. But life would be very boring if you didnt have goals and dreams, and our forum would be all doom and gloom like Dewsburys. Nick we finished 14 points infront of you in the league, so no i wouldnt class you as a close rival, although i never take 2 points for granted against Dewsbury. Good luck for next season, hope you have something a bit more exciting than a fev winding up order to celebrate.

Yes, Fev took a suicidal gamble and it paid off. How much debt they will need to pay back is the question. Look at Halifax, made the middle 8s but those pesky directors and former directors who were owed £800k actually wanted some of their money back.

You know that for a fact? The accounts will be available soon and I will guarantee the amount of money paid back to directors was minimal if non existent. It was just poor recruitment that cost us. Thoughts of any ex-directors getting any money from any rugby league club is comical though.

You know that for a fact? The accounts will be available soon and I will guarantee the amount of money paid back to directors was minimal if non existent. It was just poor recruitment that cost us. Thoughts of any ex-directors getting any money from any rugby league club is comical though.

going to have to agree with you on this 1 ox. Like running a car for 3 year then asking for your money back when you get bored of it. Imagine if koukash asked for his money back

jesus i didnt know anyone cared about us this much. Dont any of you lose any sleep over fevs money troubles lads. Good night god bless

You'll find that there only one or two Dewsbury fans obsessed with Fevs imminent demise. It's same every season when recruiting comes along.Most of their fans are fantastic.

to be fair to them, we have raided their squads quite a bit in recent years. i wouldn't like it if we were on the receiving end

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

to be fair to them, we have raided their squads quite a bit in recent years. i wouldn't like it if we were on the receiving end

Cheers old rover. I think that's pot on. I don't blame any team for chasing goals. We did as much under Ned Kelly and had some great years which I remember with great fondness. However there are those on the forum that would point out it nearly bankrupt us.

I don't begrudge you spending money but agree with old rover that it ain't much fun when you guys come along and take half the team. I think we avoided it in 2015 when you decided on Batley but it will take some time to forgive you for taking Thacks last year. Loved that lad.

:lol: where do these people pop-up from. They turn up out of nowhere as though they're prophesying the second coming when it's old hat :lol:

Now if you want a real scoop watch this space.....

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

:lol: where do these people pop-up from. They turn up out of nowhere as though they're prophesying the second coming when it's old hat :lol:

Now if you want a real scoop watch this space.....

Is that when your boy signs for the Rams and you buy a new Rams replica shirt with Alex Brown on the back???  

Oh the choices!!! ...   

Is that when your boy signs for the Rams and you buy a new Rams replica shirt with Alex Brown on the back???

I might do that especially if the orrible green shirt wins that me and all my mates have voted for ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Oh the choices!!! ...   

Alex Brown won't be joining the Rams.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Alex Brown is not joining the Rams - in my opinion ;) .

This maybe contentious but he is the right type of player/ability for Dewsbury's level at this stage in his career. After the season you have had and your better players moving on your recruitment has to be better than the other teams at the bottom of the championship or you'll be relegated!

Archived